Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
Rienchen
Real Life Mary Poppins

September/October 2014-when to go?

Mum and I went to WDW Easter 2006 and May 2012, we want to go back in 2014 but thought about going slightly later that year.
The weather was gorgeous last year, though quite a fair amount of rain and it looks like it's the same again this year. Also don't really fancy the love bugs...

I'd like to go in September or October 2014, I wouldn't mind avoiding Food&Wine Festival due to the crowds but seeing the parks decorated for Halloween would be lovely too.
So we're torn.

We were going to do Coronado Springs with QSDP, we don't want to upgrade to the DDP.
But something to consider would be seeing if we can get a U.S. deal for free dining in a value resort as all we would want is QSDP anyway...
Disneyland Paris Daytrips in 1998, 1999 and 2002 Disneyland Paris 2 Days/1 Night at the Sequoia Lodge in 1998 Disneyland Paris 3 Days/2 Nights at the Hotel Cheyenne in 2000Walt Disney World April 2004 2 Days(Off Site Youth Hostel) Mother Daughter Trip to WDW offsite April 2006 WDW December 2008 ASMu

2 nannies on a mission to find Mary Poppins at Disneyland Paris-a November 2011 Trip Report

Dining Review in Progress: Please take a guess how much we cost the Mouse?

Rienchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

October is getting further away from the rainy season.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 01:18 AM   #3
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

We have been in both September and October.

In terms of avoiding crowds, September would be the best option as the kids are all back at school and the parks are fairly quiet.

The first time we went in September 2004, it was just after a major hurricane had passed through and the parks were eerily quiet. One morning, at Epcot, we walked almost halfway around World Showcase without even seeing another person (other than CMs).

Unless you plan to attend one of the Halloween parties, I don't really see any advantage to visiting in October since the parks aren't decorated that much for Halloween. In fact, I don't recall seeing Halloween decorations at any park except Magic Kingdom anyway (maybe that's just my poor memory)

The Food & Wine Festival, in my opinion, IS worth visiting for though, and, as long as you avoid weekends, it's not that crowded.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:35 AM   #4
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

This year US free dining is only for arrivals in September (at the moment) so bare that in mind if think you might switch.

I would choose the last 2 weeks in September personally. Low crowds & the start of F&W.

The only park that is decorated for Halloween in MK and even then it is only main street. The rest of the 'decorations' for the parties are light effect mainly.

Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

We always go the last 2 wks of September or the last wk into the at 2 wks of October, always been perfect weather sometimes rained late at night but cleared by the morning, its hot and we love pools and water parks so we need it hot!

In 2010 we did have 2 days of really stormy weather out of our 3 wks but it had break through sun of a few hours each day, last yr we had to go later and so didn't leave until the 8th of October and on our last wk it was so cold we had to all go and buy jumpers to do Universal it was blowing up for a storm or the tail end of the hurricane ( can't remember the name of it) but it was horrid for our last 3 days

We will def go back to September again or may for our next trip.

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: