Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #2191
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
jenny allergies are REALLY bad here. Doctors are saying from the hurricane. May be a combination. At least it's now and not in two weeks.

candace and does girls only mean moms only?
Yup! Just me and BFF...just the two of us!!! It's going to be sooooo much fun!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 05-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #2192
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Letthewookiewin - Now you're making me think about AKL again!!! Hahaha. We visited AKL in 2009 when my cousin and her family were there at the same time and we thought it was a great resort, loved Boma, but we LOVE the Poly but for $600 less we could stay at AKL.... My only hesitation with staying at AKL is the transportation. We rely solely on WDW transportation. Taking the monorail and boat to and from MK is also great!! With us only being there 5 days/4 nights this time I'm worried about not staying somewhere more convenient. We spend most of our time at MK and Epcot....can someone convince me that AKL would be a great choice to try? I love the idea of saving the $600!!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Well, there is the $600 savings on which you could treat yourself to a Disney Dooney & Bourke (or 2), or maybe some other treat on your trip? Plus, think of all the animal viewing!! If we are able to book the AKL, I plan on getting up early a few days just to get some great animal shots with my camera. The closest I have been to the AKL is the AK, so I would love to take another resort off of my "must stay at list". Even though the WL would be cheaper (unless we went with a CV room at the WL) I would love to try something new. I really loved taking the boat at the WL though. This would be easier if the DH would just let me do a split stay between the two.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #2193
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

Reading the new DVC plans for the Polynesian. Talk about depressing, Disney knows it's a cash cow and they'll run it into the ground. Adding 2 5 story villa buildings to the resort, plus the over water bungalows, it's just going to make the entire resort feel so cramped. Throw in the influx of people and the strain on the buses, monorail, and ferry will be just insane.

I'm glad I'll be going down there before the big construction happens. One thing that really makes me sad is to see the water feature be removed from the GCH in the "rumored' plans.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #2194
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Guess who has two thumbs and is going back to Disney in September????

THIS GIRL RIGHT HERE!!!!

My BFF (the one who just came with us on this trip) and I just booked 3 nights/4 days at All Star Movies (preferred room) with AAA discount, so we can partake in Food and Wine and MNSSHP!!!!

We booked airfare and purchased our party tickets and everything!!! Done, done, done!!! Airfare was only $185 RT!!!
MM sounds like a fantastic trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Girls weekend was great! It was quick...we didn't go friday night as planned .. Sat AM to sunday afternoon...so just one night, but worth it. Beautiful days for a road trip. Able to see Mom, my sister and a girlfriend.

Sheila, great ADRs Happy that you had no trouble getting BOG! and as Pas posted, don't forget a milkshake for our Sarah.
Janet I will have to get Bob to order the Milk Shake and have a few sips for Sarah as I can't do one myself cause of my diabetes

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch View Post
Reading the new DVC plans for the Polynesian. Talk about depressing, Disney knows it's a cash cow and they'll run it into the ground. Adding 2 5 story villa buildings to the resort, plus the over water bungalows, it's just going to make the entire resort feel so cramped. Throw in the influx of people and the strain on the buses, monorail, and ferry will be just insane.

I'm glad I'll be going down there before the big construction happens. One thing that really makes me sad is to see the water feature be removed from the GCH in the "rumored' plans.
petey

I think the 5 story buildings are a mistake they will just ruin the looks of the Poly!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #2195
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
petey

I think the 5 story buildings are a mistake they will just ruin the looks of the Poly!
The only good thing is that they will be "bookends" and not be in the middle of the resort ruining sight lines.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #2196
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
jenny allergies are REALLY bad here. Doctors are saying from the hurricane. May be a combination. At least it's now and not in two weeks.

candace and does girls only mean moms only?
Dani Hope the Dr was able to help and you feel better soon. I am still needing to use my Nebulizer each Day and running the A/C instead of opening the windows. Stupid Allergies

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #2197
sjs314

Quote:
The only good thing is that they will be "bookends" and not be in the middle of the resort ruining sight lines.
Still will be eyesores IMO

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #2198
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Well something happened today that I thought never would. A little background... Our dog, Bug, was found in my inlaws house the weekend my sister graduated high school in 1996, and we had been married less than a year. We had to have him put to sleep on 8/20/11 and it ripped our hearts out. Growing up, we would get another dog to help heal our hearts, but my DH refused. Even this last week the DH was saying how he would never have another dog because it hurt too much to see them die.

Well today, he was working and he was in a parking lot where they were doing free dog adoptions, and he kept sending me pictures and saying that he was bringing on home. Well it was making me sad because I thought he was being cruel and teasing me, but turns out he was serious. The dogs had melted his heart and he really wants to adopt one. They are having another free adoption event on Saturday and if he can convince the fil, we're getting one (happy Mother's Day to me!!!). They tried really hard to get him to hold and take home this super sweet looking pit bull mix that has beautiful eyes.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 05-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #2199
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Well something happened today that I thought never would. A little background... Our dog, Bug, was found in my inlaws house the weekend my sister graduated high school in 1996, and we had been married less than a year. We had to have him put to sleep on 8/20/11 and it ripped our hearts out. Growing up, we would get another dog to help heal our hearts, but my DH refused. Even this last week the DH was saying how he would never have another dog because it hurt too much to see them die.

Well today, he was working and he was in a parking lot where they were doing free dog adoptions, and he kept sending me pictures and saying that he was bringing on home. Well it was making me sad because I thought he was being cruel and teasing me, but turns out he was serious. The dogs had melted his heart and he really wants to adopt one. They are having another free adoption event on Saturday and if he can convince the fil, we're getting one (happy Mother's Day to me!!!). They tried really hard to get him to hold and take home this super sweet looking pit bull mix that has beautiful eyes.
Wookie I am so Happy for you!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #2200
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Dani Hope the Dr was able to help and you feel better soon. I am still needing to use my Nebulizer each Day and running the A/C instead of opening the windows. Stupid Allergies
I didn't go lol. I made an appt for the morning instead. I'm too tired tonight. I am still on my nubulizer as well. I hope they give me something to use in Disney. That's my biggest concern right now.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #2201
toodycat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Letthewookiewin - Now you're making me think about AKL again!!! Hahaha. We visited AKL in 2009 when my cousin and her family were there at the same time and we thought it was a great resort, loved Boma, but we LOVE the Poly but for $600 less we could stay at AKL.... My only hesitation with staying at AKL is the transportation. We rely solely on WDW transportation. Taking the monorail and boat to and from MK is also great!! With us only being there 5 days/4 nights this time I'm worried about not staying somewhere more convenient. We spend most of our time at MK and Epcot....can someone convince me that AKL would be a great choice to try? I love the idea of saving the $600!!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
I will try to persuade you:
We spent DH's 50th at AKL and loved it. Great theming, great food, savannah view rooms, gorgeous lobby and the amazing savannah. Honestly, we have stayed at both Poly and AKL twice and prefer AKL. We love the savannah and usually visit AKL for a visit to the animals and a meal at Boma or Jiko, even on trips when we are staying at a different resort. We love sitting around the AKL firepit in rocking chairs at night, too. Let's not forget the tasty zebra dome cakes at Boma. If the difference between the Poly and AKL is $600, I would definitely stay at AKL, especially if there is construction at the Poly. (On our last two stay at the GF, there was a lot of construction and it did take away for the charm.)Also, you could take a portion of the $600 savings and put it towards a car rental. If you research, you can get some good deals and then you won't worry about transportation. We always rent a car no matter where we stay, but when we have taken the bus from AKL, it wasn't bad at all.

Hope this helps.
Polynesian 06, 00
Wilderness Lodge 05 Grand Californian 04
Animal Kingdom Lodge 02, 10 Coronado 02, 01
Disney Magic 12, 09, 06, 02, 01
Disney Wonder 05
offsite 83, 89, 91
Old 05-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #2202
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I was actually thinking similar thoughts...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #2203
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That is awesome!! I would love to do a girls only WDW trip.
Me too!! But I don't have any friends who are quite as Disney obsessed as I am...

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #2204
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I couldn't agree more The only thing I'm happy about is a larger pool.
I think it will ruin Poly, and should have just stuck to the one building on the end toward wedding Pavillion.

Quote:

That's wonderful, so happy for you!

Quote:
I didn't go lol. I made an appt for the morning instead. I'm too tired tonight. I am still on my nubulizer as well. I hope they give me something to use in Disney. That's my biggest concern right now.
I hope you can work something out to keep you comfortable at wdw.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Old 05-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #2205
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Just a quick hello as I'm getting caught up over lunch! :-) DD's party was a success yesterday and she had SO much fun playing with her cousins and all. SO wound up though. Took her a bit to settle down and get to sleep last night and she was upset she couldn't get up and play with her dolls this morning. But, definitely a good time all around. :-)

85 more days!!

DH asked me the other day if we should tell the kids about the trip...I suggested maybe telling them the morning we leave. Or once we get down to Sea World tell them about Disney...not sure...but DS has been glued to the TV for Disney week. It's cute...I just want him to appreciate it more this time if possible. And just how much money and time goes into planning it, etc. thoughts/ideas?

Sounds like it was a great day

Quote:
Well it looks like will be resort changing after all. Since the BC GV rooms are not including in the FD discount, the DH says we have to change. Out of the options I gave JM, the one he is happiest about is the AKL. I just hope they have some PV BB rooms available with the FD discount when I call and add FD to it. With that move, our trip has come full circle. It started out as a June trip at the AKL in a Arusha View Room. I'll just wait to change my ticker to an AKL one once I actually make the change.

I did talk to the person over bus driver complaints and he was almost as unhappy with what she said as I am. Hopefully, I will get a call back before I leave for school.
We did a split stay last summer at AKL. 6 nights PV, & 6 nights CL. We loved AKL, and the PV was great.

Kook bangers & mash please, and some Strombow .

Pas you're making me dizzy with all the changes
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: