Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
Sheila E.
Mouseketeer

City walk minature golf?

I have heard that there are 2 new miniature golf courses available at citywalk, can anyone tell me if they have tried these out and are they worth it and how much for an adult? Thanks all
Sheila E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

I played them this past August. I thought they were fun. I can't remember the price, but around $13 for one game. There is a 10% discount for AP holders and military. Oh, and it started to rain the night we played, so the manager saw us leaving, and stamped our cards to return to play a new game, as we didn't get the chance to play through before the rain started.

We played at night, and there were crowds.

If you like mini golfs, then it's one to try. I think Orlando has one on almost every block!
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran

It's a really good thing to do to wait out crowds leaving at park closing. It will be more crowded at that time, but no big deal. Just gives them more time to clear out.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Two of the more fun courses in Orlando. Very well themed, down to the music soundtracks.
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
Sheila E.
Mouseketeer

Thanks

Yes I love miniature golf, I think I will definetly try one of these courses if time allows. Thank you for all your replies, the courses sound like fun.
Sheila E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #6
derekburgan
Mouseketeer

I love mini golf and did an article on the top five courses in Orlando with the new Hollywood Drive-In at Universal taking the top spot. That's not to say Disney, Congo River and the rest aren't worth playing, but they don't offer the great overall themeing and soundtrack that Universal does.
derekburgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #7
joshstamp
Mouseketeer

The courses here are the best in Orlando in my opinion! They're amazing themed and well designed, loads of fun to play. I think they cost roughly $13 to play so not too bad on that front for the quality

Me Flick
All Star Sports 2003
All Star Sports 2011
Quality Inn 2012
joshstamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #8
BrinkofSunshine
DIS Veteran

They are both awesome! My personal favorite is the haunted side. Definitely do them at night; the lighting, themeing and music create an awesome atmosphere.
BrinkofSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #9
disneyred
DIS Veteran

has anyone found any type of discounts to use... there will be 3 families meeting up at citywalk and i thought it would be a fun thing to do ... but with the kids all adult ages.... it will be a group of 13.. any discount would help. i could not find on their site of any discount they accept
disneyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #10
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyred View Post
has anyone found any type of discounts to use... there will be 3 families meeting up at citywalk and i thought it would be a fun thing to do ... but with the kids all adult ages.... it will be a group of 13.. any discount would help. i could not find on their site of any discount they accept
The only discounts I know of is AAA and passholder. You'd have to contact Group Sales to see if there is a discount for groups and if so, how many people they require for a discount.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #11
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

What's the AAA discount, and do you have to buy in advance to get it? How many tickets can I get with one AAA card?
Old 05-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #12
trickiwoo
Talk Disney To Me!

It's called the Hollywood Drive-In Golf! We loved it! It was so much fun! We played both during the day and at night. I thought it was more fun at night!

There are two different 18 hole courses. One is called the Haunting of Ghostly Greens and is movie monster themed. The other is called Invaders From Planet Putt and is Sci-Fi B-movie alien invasion themed. Both are super cute and really well themed.

It costs $13.99 for adults and $11.99 for kids for each course. When I went last September, for a discount you could do the Double Feature which was both courses and it saved you a couple bucks. And the cool thing was you didn't have to do both courses on the same day! So we bought the Double Feature, played one of the courses then came back the next day to do the other one! I just checked their website and it doesn't look like they give a discount for the Double Feature anymore... but you do get a free t-shirt if you purchase the Double Feature.

You can learn more on their website

Here are some of the photos I took of when we played:

trickiwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #13
AJA
DIS Veteran

Def do them at night if you can. They are very fun and well themed!
AJA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: