Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
4under4
DIS Veteran

Split Stay = Pool Day?

We are staying at SSR with extended family for a week. I decided to add on a couple days at CR for just me & the kids, which means of course that I need to move luggage, etc. I originally thought I would make the transition day our "pool day" at CR. We can put on our swim things before leaving SSR, let them move the luggage, and use the bus/monorail to check in at CR. Then we play until the room is ready.

Do you think this is doable?

I'm pretty sure my kids will be happy being at the pool for the entire day. But on the other hand if we really have had enough sun by lunch time and the room still isn't ready, I'm not sure what I'll do with 4 wet/hot kids.

My alternative would be to go to Epcot for the day. Plenty of stuff there to keep the kids busy, and if we need down time we do Universe of Energy

Me & DH plus our gang: DS13 DS11 DD/DS9

4under4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
MissionMouse
DIS Veteran

Very doable. You could also pack a smaller bag with change of clothes allowing you to have the ability to go to one of the parks if you had enough of the pools. You could either keep the little bag with you at the pool or leave it with your luggage. You can always change in the restrooms by the pool. Not sure what CRs look like anymore, but many of the other Deluxes have nice restroom that would allow you to dry off and change under these circumstances.

If you leave it with you luggage at check-in you should let them know you might need to come back for x bag to change clothes...if your room is not available. Best scenario is your room is available and you have no obstacles in changing your plans.

Disney World - Magic Kingdom Entrance - Walk Around The World Brick Owner
Boardwalk Inn Photos
Typhoon Lagoon Photos
Wishes-Fireworks from PR & MK Photo Album - 30 Photos
Sea World and Marriott Rennaissance SW - Photo Album - 40+ Photos
Disney World Park and Deluxe Resort Photographs
MissionMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
winthropf
Mouseketeer

If you are having Disney transfer the luggage for you, it may not arrive at CR until 4PM. Doesn't matter whether room is ready or not, luggage transfer between resorts can take all day. I suggest either going to a park or taking a change of clothes with you if planning pool day.
winthropf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
Perditamarie
DIS Veteran

Yes to pp!! Chances are good you won't have your luggage in time to change for dinner, so park days are best for resort transfer days! Otherwise, you are hanging around a resort w/o a room, and if you have a room, you have no luggage!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #5
4under4
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still undecided, but it seems like I should at least ask my brother to drive me to CR with our luggage before he leaves, regardless of whether I do a pool day or park. If it's at CR, I should be able to get my hands on it if/when I need it?

Me & DH plus our gang: DS13 DS11 DD/DS9

4under4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: