Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #3421
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: NY
Posts: 3,034

UGH! I need to vent! I called to place room requests on my courtyard view room on Sunday. Everything appeared to go smoothly. I received a followup email and I just had the chance to look at it last night.

The room requests (notes) are the same as before. Ok, no problem. So I call in again last night. The first CM says she doesn't know how to change room requests (we had previously booked BWI and obviously EPCOT view needed to be changed!). So I ask for "a supervisor" which I know will get me to Guest Services.

The Guest Services CM changes my room requests and I am now happy again....until this morning when I receive my email and look at it and the room requests are still not changed.

So now I call again. This time, grumpy old me, simply asks for a supervisor, after attempts by the CM to try to get me to let her take care of it (I wasn't having it), she transfers me to Guest Services. Now I get a Guest Services CM who again makes the request changes. She tells me that there are two areas that need to be changed and one area was not changed. Ok sure I'm game...I'll try it again. Then she tells me that she wants to put my mind at ease because courtyard view rooms only overlook the main pool area. I tell her that I was under the impression that courtyard rooms also overlook the villas. She says "oh no, those are woods view". I tell her that I am talking about the part of the block "V" that overlooks the villa side. She says again, "no those are all wood view" I give up.

Now, the nice part of my story is that I received my email confirmation and the correct requests are now in the notes.

Does it really have to be this hard Vent over. I feel better already. I knew you would all understand.
__________________
diskids2 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #3422
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,725

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Hope everyone is having a good start to the week. Since we were buried at the bottom of page two, I'll regale you with my latest Resort Addition

Added 3 more nights up front to our Sea Raycer Split Stay of CR and WL (so now it's a trifecta split Sea Raycer stay). Booked 3 nights Poly CL/LV using the military rate. We've stayed a couple of times there, but never CL, (I always chicken out and cancel). Since I didn't have to shorten CR or WL, I'm not as apprehensive about booking and keeping Poly this time. DH joked that we'll have to pretend we're from the UK since we're staying 15 nights. Cheerio!
Yep, I missed it....
__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #3423
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,156

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Hope everyone is having a good start to the week. Since we were buried at the bottom of page two, I'll regale you with my latest Resort Addition

Added 3 more nights up front to our Sea Raycer Split Stay of CR and WL (so now it's a trifecta split Sea Raycer stay). Booked 3 nights Poly CL/LV using the military rate. We've stayed a couple of times there, but never CL, (I always chicken out and cancel). Since I didn't have to shorten CR or WL, I'm not as apprehensive about booking and keeping Poly this time. DH joked that we'll have to pretend we're from the UK since we're staying 15 nights. Cheerio!
OMG a trifecta

We've talked about it before but have never had the guts (or the energy!) do go through with it. Can't wait to hear all about it. Poly is at the top of my favorites list, I hope you love CL there!
__________________




AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #3424
skylizard
DIS Veteran
 
skylizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,214

Checking in this saturday!
skylizard is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #3425
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!
 
Anna114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 8,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
UGH! I need to vent! I called to place room requests on my courtyard view room on Sunday. Everything appeared to go smoothly. I received a followup email and I just had the chance to look at it last night.

The room requests (notes) are the same as before. Ok, no problem. So I call in again last night. The first CM says she doesn't know how to change room requests (we had previously booked BWI and obviously EPCOT view needed to be changed!). So I ask for "a supervisor" which I know will get me to Guest Services.

The Guest Services CM changes my room requests and I am now happy again....until this morning when I receive my email and look at it and the room requests are still not changed.

So now I call again. This time, grumpy old me, simply asks for a supervisor, after attempts by the CM to try to get me to let her take care of it (I wasn't having it), she transfers me to Guest Services. Now I get a Guest Services CM who again makes the request changes. She tells me that there are two areas that need to be changed and one area was not changed. Ok sure I'm game...I'll try it again. Then she tells me that she wants to put my mind at ease because courtyard view rooms only overlook the main pool area. I tell her that I was under the impression that courtyard rooms also overlook the villas. She says "oh no, those are woods view". I tell her that I am talking about the part of the block "V" that overlooks the villa side. She says again, "no those are all wood view" I give up.

Now, the nice part of my story is that I received my email confirmation and the correct requests are now in the notes.

Does it really have to be this hard Vent over. I feel better already. I knew you would all understand.
You are correct. I had a courtyard view in 2006. The room did overlook the pool. The problem... it was a corner room and I couldn't see over the rock wall, I am too short So they moved our room the next day to a view over the Villas. At first I was really pissed, as the week went along we were so happy. We sit on our balcony a lot. It was so quite and the view was nice. In the end it became a true blessing, we now own 203 points at VWL. I'm not sure we would have purchased had we not gotten that room. I love the quiet laid back feeling of the Villas.
__________________
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL10/2015 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!



Last edited by Anna114; 05-07-2013 at 01:31 PM. Reason: spelling error
Anna114 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #3426
rdsx28
Proud Member of Red Sox Nation!
 
rdsx28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,052

My daughter is doing a school project on WL. Would anyone know if they use Solar panels in the hotel at all? Thanks so much for any help you can offer .
rdsx28 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #3427
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,725

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylizard View Post
Checking in this saturday!
__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #3428
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: NY
Posts: 3,034

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylizard View Post
Checking in this saturday!
Jealous!
__________________
diskids2 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #3429
Mkbnoc
Earning My Ears
 
Mkbnoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylizard View Post
Checking in this Saturday!
So are we, enjoy your trip!!
__________________
Mkbnoc is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #3430
Plaid Sheep
What you get when two areas collide
 
Plaid Sheep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Outside of Boston
Posts: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Everything you've wanted to know about being a Mousekeeper at VWL! You'll even learn what a bed wedge is!

https://disneycasting.net/kenexa/hou.../wdw_hskp.html
OMG, THAT'S CHRIS!!!!! I worked with him back I the 90's!!!
__________________
Me (41), DH (45), DD (8), DS (4),


Plaid Sheep is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #3431
goofynut41
Disney Veteran
 
goofynut41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 446

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Yep, I missed it....
I caught the Poly On her ticker Is how I first noticed it...
Man 15 days at Disney that will be awesome!!!!
__________________
1988 offsite, 1994 SOG, 1998 SOG, 2001 SOG, 2003 CS, 2005 SOG, 2006 SOG, 2007 SOG, 2009 JULY POR, 2009 DEC WL, 2010 AKL, 2011 SOG, 2013 SOG

goofynut41 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #3432
Figment104
Earning My Ears
 
Figment104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 21

Just had to say that we're checking in this Saturday too!!! Also, my parents were originally supposed to be staying with us at WL for part of the week and offsite for part of the week. Well it now turns out that they'll be staying at WL the whole week, and we have either adjoining rooms or rooms right next door to each other. My dad has been working with a dedicated person at Disney do to a big issue they had the last time they stayed there (he had organized a conference and there were some major issues on Disney's side for most of the guests). So when he called up the person on Monday to let her know that they were keeping their original reservation of the entire week and wanted to be close to us, she looked up our reservation, saw that our room had been assigned and assigned them to the room next door!

I had no idea that was even possible.

Also, what does IPO stand for ( I always read it as initial public offering lol )?
__________________
Me DH DS(2)



Oct 2014 WL * May 2013 WL (CL) * Sept 2010 WL * May 2009 WL * Oct 2008 Poly * June 2007 WL - Disneymoon * July 2004 WL * Apr 2000 GF * 84-98 Offsiet
Figment104 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #3433
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment104 View Post
Just had to say that we're checking in this Saturday too!!! Also, my parents were originally supposed to be staying with us at WL for part of the week and offsite for part of the week. Well it now turns out that they'll be staying at WL the whole week, and we have either adjoining rooms or rooms right next door to each other. My dad has been working with a dedicated person at Disney do to a big issue they had the last time they stayed there (he had organized a conference and there were some major issues on Disney's side for most of the guests). So when he called up the person on Monday to let her know that they were keeping their original reservation of the entire week and wanted to be close to us, she looked up our reservation, saw that our room had been assigned and assigned them to the room next door!

I had no idea that was even possible.

Also, what does IPO stand for ( I always read it as initial public offering lol )?

Lol yes, that too!

At Disney it's Itinerary Planning Office. If your staying Club Level, they can make all your dining (and any other) reservations for you, answer any questions you may have. Basically your personal concierge just an email or phone call away.

How nice you have connections rooms! Have a magical vacation!
__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline  
Old 05-08-2013, 05:44 AM   #3434
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna114 View Post
Thanks for the link. Chris is a bit of a geek but good video.
I think geek translates to enthusiastic when it involves Disney - at least I hope so

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
What!!!! Geez I blink and this major change happened?!?!

Kook, next time please put out an all-points-bulletin!!! ...unless I missed that too!

It should be a great stay for you! Already looking forward to your reviews!
No more blinking and thank you! (My DD would have used a witty Dr. Who reference about not blinking).

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
UGH! I need to vent! I called to place room requests on my courtyard view room on Sunday. Everything appeared to go smoothly. I received a followup email and I just had the chance to look at it last night.

The room requests (notes) are the same as before. Ok, no problem. So I call in again last night. The first CM says she doesn't know how to change room requests (we had previously booked BWI and obviously EPCOT view needed to be changed!). So I ask for "a supervisor" which I know will get me to Guest Services.

The Guest Services CM changes my room requests and I am now happy again....until this morning when I receive my email and look at it and the room requests are still not changed.

So now I call again. This time, grumpy old me, simply asks for a supervisor, after attempts by the CM to try to get me to let her take care of it (I wasn't having it), she transfers me to Guest Services. Now I get a Guest Services CM who again makes the request changes. She tells me that there are two areas that need to be changed and one area was not changed. Ok sure I'm game...I'll try it again. Then she tells me that she wants to put my mind at ease because courtyard view rooms only overlook the main pool area. I tell her that I was under the impression that courtyard rooms also overlook the villas. She says "oh no, those are woods view". I tell her that I am talking about the part of the block "V" that overlooks the villa side. She says again, "no those are all wood view" I give up.

Now, the nice part of my story is that I received my email confirmation and the correct requests are now in the notes.

Does it really have to be this hard Vent over. I feel better already. I knew you would all understand.
We do understand and I think sometimes we may know more than some CMs - we're also a bit obsessed with all these details. It's all good but can lead to some confusion. I still haven't had a WDTC CM know why I request an odd numbered room at CR, but I tell them why and now some know

So the confusion here seems to be with Inner and VWL Courtyard, and yes, as Anna confirmed, there are both. If you want to request a view of the WL courtyard, just request an INNER or WL Courtyard View room. It may not appear on your confirmation, so for peace of mind, just call back about a week before your arrival and ask the WDTC CM to tell you what request is in your reservation. When you check-in just ask again to confirm. Requests can't be guaranteed, but the WL Room Assignor does a wonderful job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Yep, I missed it....
I'll have to PM you next time or you can just check the Lodgers' Log on a daily basis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
OMG a trifecta

We've talked about it before but have never had the guts (or the energy!) do go through with it. Can't wait to hear all about it. Poly is at the top of my favorites list, I hope you love CL there!
Guts? So that's what this split takes? I never thought of looking at it as a challenge - I kind of like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylizard View Post
Checking in this saturday!
That's great! Will you be able to report back to us live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna114 View Post
You are correct. I had a courtyard view in 2006. The room did overlook the pool. The problem... it was a corner room and I couldn't see over the rock wall, I am too short So they moved our room the next day to a view over the Villas. At first I was really pissed, as the week went along we were so happy. We sit on our balcony a lot. It was so quite and the view was nice. In the end it became a true blessing, we now own 203 points at VWL. I'm not sure we would have purchased had we not gotten that room. I love the quiet laid back feeling of the Villas.
I like your VWL story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsx28 View Post
My daughter is doing a school project on WL. Would anyone know if they use Solar panels in the hotel at all? Thanks so much for any help you can offer .
What a neat project! I've never noticed any on the roof, but could they be elsewhere? Disney does such a great job of camouflaging everything, maybe I missed them? Maybe someone has noticed them. I will try to look at more photos later today and see if I spot any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbnoc View Post
So are we, enjoy your trip!!
Enjoy yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Sheep View Post
OMG, THAT'S CHRIS!!!!! I worked with him back I the 90's!!!
Really?! Where did you guys work in the 90s? Was he this enthusiastic about making beds and cleaning back then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
I caught the Poly On her ticker Is how I first noticed it...
Man 15 days at Disney that will be awesome!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment104 View Post
Just had to say that we're checking in this Saturday too!!! Also, my parents were originally supposed to be staying with us at WL for part of the week and offsite for part of the week. Well it now turns out that they'll be staying at WL the whole week, and we have either adjoining rooms or rooms right next door to each other. My dad has been working with a dedicated person at Disney do to a big issue they had the last time they stayed there (he had organized a conference and there were some major issues on Disney's side for most of the guests). So when he called up the person on Monday to let her know that they were keeping their original reservation of the entire week and wanted to be close to us, she looked up our reservation, saw that our room had been assigned and assigned them to the room next door!

I had no idea that was even possible.

Also, what does IPO stand for ( I always read it as initial public offering lol )?
That's great news. Just in case others don't know, adjoining rooms are next to each other and connecting rooms are also next to each other, but have a door between them.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 05-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #3435
skylizard
DIS Veteran
 
skylizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,214

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post


That's great! Will you be able to report back to us live?
I can. What do I ned to do? Just shoot me a pm and we can figure something out. I'll be bringing my laptop with me so I should be able to log in and check email (I'm assuming they have free wifi there).


Anyone also checking in on saturday want to do a dismeet?

I just checked the weather and it's supposed to be 90 this weekend A definite change from the 60s we've been enjoying in NC!
skylizard is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: