Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #1561
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Little Mermaids View Post

He did. Even my mother in law didn't know he planned it.
Oh wow. Just wow. I'm going to be a nervous wreck.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #1562
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

I second that!
And I'll third. Glad everything is going well.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #1563
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

[QUOTE=DisneyMom5;48326790]He has issues with coordination and clarity of speech, and it takes him longer to process. Because of the processing issues, he is taking longer to get reading down.
But, he's a bright, funny kid...he isn't as impaired as people think he is by the way he walks and talks.[/QU

I can't imagine the severity of the TBI and how scared you must have been. The road to recovery is a long one; all in all, it sounds like he is doing great, considering all he has had to overcome! And I am sure Mom was a big part of that success

Old 05-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #1564
2 Little Mermaids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Oh wow. Just wow. I'm going to be a nervous wreck.
You can't be a nervous wreck. Your the one you eases are worried minds. Btw thanks a lot for all you do.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #1565
Disneyfam4life
Earning My Ears

Okay I know someone said they thought free dining would be offered sep/oct/nov/dec but after the free dining was released this week for sep I have been seeing people saying they thought it would only be offered for sep and oct? Has anyone else seen / heard anything? Do y'all think I still have a chance for FD for nov 29- dec 7?? I know anything is possible but what are y'all's opinion? Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #1566
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate princess 2 View Post
You all have such amazing stories of family and love. I feel I need to share. We planned our kids first trip then they were 2 and 5. All the grandparents were coming along as well. The travel agent asked if we wanted travel insurance. I responded with no nothing except death is keeping me away. Don't EVER say that. 3 months later I was diagnosed with cancer. I began chemo and radiation and could not make it to Disney. It broke my heart because I was so excited to share it with my kids. After 6 months of treatment I was in remition and on my way with my whole family to Disney. My parents were very worried that I would need a wheel chair and wouldn't be able to do everything I wanted. Truely nothing was going to stop me that time, and I did cry seeing my children there the first time walking down Main street. And no one could keep up with me. It was a new lease on life, and every day is a gift.

I think all of us Disney lovers have a very unique bond. There's nothing like it.
OH...SOOOOOO thankful for your recovery. Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
?about making adrs. When making adrs online it asks you if you have the dining plan or not. I do have a reservation already made six nights with six day ph. But unless I can get free dining for November I would not be purchasing it because it's cheaper oop. So far everyone says to make your adrs so when fd comes out you will have everything you want ahead of time. Is it necessary to let the cms know when fd comes out the you made your ress.under no dining plan, do they have to change anything. I hope this makes sense to someone
It will not matter one bit, UNLESS you are making an ADR for which you have to pre-pay. In that case, you just call back for that ADR (number in hand) and have them adjust that to the dining plan once you book the dining.

For the record...the new version of the WDW site never asked me if I had the dining plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
I can't imagine the severity of the TBI and how scared you must have been. The road to recovery is a long one; all in all, it sounds like he is doing great, considering all he has had to overcome! And I am sure Mom was a big part of that success
We try really hard to be! We homeschool and do therapy and just all around treat him like a normal kid. Whew. I am just thankful we still have him!
[He's the one on the right in the brown shirt in my siggie. Almost as tall as his momma now!]
Old 05-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #1567
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes. Everything is great now.

And I totally sing along with the hold music. I'm always afraid I'm gonna get busted by a laughing CM.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #1568
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Little Mermaids View Post
I'll add to the Disney support group. My father in law past away last April from cancer. we had already planned and paid for a trip in sept including them. We still went on the trip along with my mother in law. Well when we got to our room it was all decorated in Disney stuff everywhere from Disney florist. The card on the table said Love Grandpa. I'm still tearing up as I type.
That's probably one of the most romantic things I have ever heard! Tear jerking, but still romantic
Edit: I was thinking it was just your MIL's room.

Last edited by plutospalforever; 05-07-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #1569
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfam4life View Post
Okay I know someone said they thought free dining would be offered sep/oct/nov/dec but after the free dining was released this week for sep I have been seeing people saying they thought it would only be offered for sep and oct? Has anyone else seen / heard anything? Do y'all think I still have a chance for FD for nov 29- dec 7?? I know anything is possible but what are y'all's opinion? Thanks in advance!!!!
Thanksgiving is Nov 28. Holiday weeks are usually blacked out from discount offers. Anything's possible though. Good Luck!

Disney Fan for Life
Old 05-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #1570
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
You all have such amazing stories of family and love. I feel I need to share. We planned our kids first trip then they were 2 and 5. All the grandparents were coming along as well. The travel agent asked if we wanted travel insurance. I responded with no nothing except death is keeping me away. Don't EVER say that. 3 months later I was diagnosed with cancer. I began chemo and radiation and could not make it to Disney. It broke my heart because I was so excited to share it with my kids. After 6 months of treatment I was in remition and on my way with my whole family to Disney. My parents were very worried that I would need a wheel chair and wouldn't be able to do everything I wanted. Truely nothing was going to stop me that time, and I did cry seeing my children there the first time walking down Main street. And no one could keep up with me. It was a new lease on life, and every day is a gift.

I think all of us Disney lovers have a very unique bond. There's nothing like it.
Power of the human spirit! Truly amazing!

Old 05-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #1571
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you to everyone for the well wishes. Everything is great now.

And I totally sing along with the hold music. I'm always afraid I'm gonna get busted by a laughing CM.
Lol I never thought about getting caught!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #1572
Disneyfam4life
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post

Thanksgiving is Nov 28. Holiday weeks are usually blacked out from discount offers. Anything's possible though. Good Luck!
But it isn't the week of its the week after. From what I've read it's the 3 rd slowest week out of the year so wonder if that makes a difference. I thought someone told me they thought maybe there was a chance of them offering it that week but I may have misunderstood them. Thanks!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #1573
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
I just read a post about hold music...pirate princess 2 ....does anyone else sing along??? I do ALL the time....
All the time. Does anybody not?

Old 05-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #1574
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Please excuse me while I run out for more tissue.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #1575
mjmpoohfamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
Ok, here's our story:
Our family's first WDW trip was Feb. '04.
We stayed at the FW cabins, it was awesome and we knew we'd be back someday.
That May, a live tree limb broke off of a big tree in our yard and hit my then 2.5 yo ds, causing a traumatic brain injury.
I lived with ds in the hospital for 9 weeks as he relearned how to move, talk, walk...everything...while dh and my parents cared for the other kids.
Besides our faith, the thing that got DH and I through is we'd look at each other and say "when this is over...we'll go back to WDW."
Over and over we'd promise each other that.
We tried to book a trip in Feb. '05 but dh's job was shaky and we couldn't.
Months roll by, and something comes out that will make it possible for us to go back...yep, the first time they offered free dining!
We went Aug. '05, and stayed at Pop Century, and when I walked into that lobby, I started crying, because it was SO DISNEY.
And I knew at that moment that everything would be ok, and we'd survived, and we were AT WDW!
DS still had issues, and still does to this day, but on that trip, a year after he was released from the hospital, a year after re-learning to walk, he RAN to hug Woody at a meet and greet.

WDW is our happy place, and I'm not ashamed to say it.
And now I'm crying again.

You are all good people...you know that?

WOW what story. I wanted to send you a hug and let you know that those with TBI's are much more capable than people think. About 11 years ago my husband (didn't know him at the time) was driving home from work. Another car drove by and shot up his car (just a wrong place wrong time situation) causing a bullet to go into his head. He still has the bullet lodged in there (surround by scar tissue), but it resulted in the limited use of his right side. Well flash forward eleven years later and he is married with a son (step but if you ask him he is totally his) and has a college degree and works for the government. And he is the SMARTEST man I know. He is very sharp even though he is quiet around others he notices everything. So we don't ride most rides (but I'm ok with that) and the parks make him tired and his legs swollen. But he refuses to get an ECV or a wheelchair. Gotta love him and his determination.

Me DH DS (9)

2012: POP Century ..... 1st trip EVER!!!!!! just me and the husband 2013: All-Star Movies ...... 1st trip EVER for our son for his birthday!!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: