Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #2176
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
First stay (not first booking......)
Bahahaha. How did I know this was probably the case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
During a stay at BLT my grandson had the sleeper chair .... view was TPV .... he folded out the chair and my gosh it was facing the wrong way!!! He could not see the castle ... being a smart kid ... after all he is related to me ... he turned the chair around so the last thing he saw at night and the first thing in the morning was the CASTLE!!!
Smart cookie. Yep, just like his Gran.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #2177
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Hi from sunny south Florida I'm lurking when I can. All this "home" school stuff is taking up so much time. he seems to be getting over his cold and today was career day at school so no work for the brief hour and a half he was there. So we are getting through all his work nice and peacefully. One day at a time right now!

Jeanette - you have to keep BLT so you can let me know of I should keep it for Feb!!!! Steven already told Sarah she gets the pull out chair since she is smaller than him and I am very much looking forward to a private bedroom and hot tub!!!! YOU CANNOT CHANGE THIS!!!!

Okay back to school stuff!! I'll catch up with everyone else soon!!!

HUGS,
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #2178
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Wookie by the time the GP offer comes out on Thursday with all the room shifting done by DV peeps your room catagory may be available for FD.

I love AKL and would stay there again in a heartbeat if only it was not all bus transportation, now that I have to use an ECV the bus is a pain I still want to stay there and will someday just not visit the parks or perhaps just Epcot.

Good Luck with whatever resort you decide on.
Thank you. I am going to double check on the BC GV, but I'm not holding my breath. I've tried booking a BC GV room for our time period and anything below LV at the BC is sold out. Even if we don't get BC maybe we'll get some pixie dust and get a free upgrade to Savanna view. Although my DH calls pixie dust, Donald feathers because Donald is his favorite.

Quote:
Today was my ADR day and I worried about it for nothing. I could not get the old site to work at 6am I was in a real panic but the new site worked beautifully. I got everything I wanted!

11/03 'Ohana 5pm
11/04 Kona 8:30am
11/04 Via Napoli 6:20pm
11/05 The Wave 8am
11/05 BOG 4:50pm
11/06 Cabana @ Poly (10-2)
11/06 Rose & Crown 7:15pm
11/07 GF Cafe 8am
11/07 Kona 7:05pm
11/08 The Plaza 1:25pm
I'm glad you got everything you wanted and that the new site worked for you. When I made our ADRs, I couldn't get the old site to come up and the new one wouldn't work past the first day.

Quote:
During a stay at BLT my grandson had the sleeper chair .... view was TPV .... he folded out the chair and my gosh it was facing the wrong way!!! He could not see the castle ... being a smart kid ... after all he is related to me ... he turned the chair around so the last thing he saw at night and the first thing in the morning was the CASTLE!!!
Smart kid. Now if they had just realized that's what people really want when they book those rooms and orientated the beds the same way.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 05-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #2179
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Amazing News!!!

Guess who has two thumbs and is going back to Disney in September????

THIS GIRL RIGHT HERE!!!!

My BFF (the one who just came with us on this trip) and I just booked 3 nights/4 days at All Star Movies (preferred room) with AAA discount, so we can partake in Food and Wine and MNSSHP!!!!

We booked airfare and purchased our party tickets and everything!!! Done, done, done!!! Airfare was only $185 RT!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #2180
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Miss - we will definitely be spending some time at the AKL pool. Maybe walk over to Kidani's pool on our resort day so the kids can play in the water play area?

Pas - jealous of BLT! :-) I think the next time we go it's going to have to be a 1BR villa or perhaps a BB room at AKL if we really like it there. :-)

Wookie - love the Donald feathers instead of pixie dust. :-)

Anyone know how the sushi works at Kona on the DxDP? Heard they tweaked their menu a bit. Was thinking of possibly changing one of our dinner ADRs. Really wish they did sushi at lunch!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #2181
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

THIS GIRL RIGHT HERE!!!!

My BFF (the one who just came with us on this trip) and I just booked 3 nights/4 days at All Star Movies (preferred room) with AAA discount, so we can partake in Food and Wine and MNSSHP!!!!

We booked airfare and purchased our party tickets and everything!!! Done, done, done!!! Airfare was only $185 RT!!!
Awesome!!!

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #2182
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Janet: How was the girl's weekend? Did you have that lovely dinner waiting for you when you got back? Hope the drive was uneventful. Have fun at your tort... WORKOUT!
Girls weekend was great! It was quick...we didn't go friday night as planned .. Sat AM to sunday afternoon...so just one night, but worth it. Beautiful days for a road trip. Able to see Mom, my sister and a girlfriend.

Also, went out for our favorite greasy cheeseburger with hot sauce and topped it off with chocolate custard...heaven! Just so we didn't feel too guiltly Sam and I went to the Y sat afternoon and burned off significant carlories so we could put them back on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
:
Hi Janet! Thanks and hope your work out went well.

when you get a sec, can you update my itinerary. Our point rental went tthrough, although I will only be doing Kidani 2 nts, it's official!
8/7 - Poly CL 3 nts
8/10 - YC CL 5 nts
8/15 - Kidani 1 br 2 nts
Sam pushes me on the workouts, so that's good! BTW, changes are made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Just sharing this from the Disneyparks Blog....so cute!

http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.co...18764LARGE.jpg
Jen, love it!! (Miss, do think its a vinylmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
24 DAYS!!!
Yay Dani!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Yeah, I'm sad about the BC, but I am excited about the possibility of staying at the AKL.
Wookie, you will love AKL....we stayed at Kidani in 2010 and we loved it... the pools are great. Nice and peaceful from the parks.

Quote:

Today was my ADR day and I worried about it for nothing. I could not get the old site to work at 6am I was in a real panic but the new site worked beautifully. I got everything I wanted!

11/03 'Ohana 5pm
11/04 Kona 8:30am
11/04 Via Napoli 6:20pm
11/05 The Wave 8am
11/05 BOG 4:50pm
11/06 Cabana @ Poly (10-2)
11/06 Rose & Crown 7:15pm
11/07 GF Cafe 8am
11/07 Kona 7:05pm
11/08 The Plaza 1:25pm

We decided not to do SOA and still deciding about the Dessert Party. I made my GF Cafe ADR for Breakfast in remembrance of Our Dear Sarah
Sheila, great ADRs Happy that you had no trouble getting BOG! and as Pas posted, don't forget a milkshake for our Sarah.

Quote:

DH and I are moving when he kids grow up..he PROMISED APs!!
Can we tag along?? Or maybe you guys will be following US!! DH saw a green corvette for sale on the weekend... sent me a text asking if we can buy it...could this be mid-life crisis after mid-life?? Rebuilt motor, '74, asking $8200 (and he serious about it!! )

Quote:

I told my Disney lovin' coworkers about BLT last night...they were both in agreement SV is perfect. What a fluke that I got 35% AP discount!!! Fri/Sat nite is rack rate... When I called CRO to change...no availability with or without a discount. She said...book it online NOW and she cancelled my Poly reservation. Meant to be.....

Honestly, I was pricing a split stay with Portofino, and BLT popped up. I saw the price and checked if it was available all 6 nights....I WAS and CHEAPER than Poly CL.....IT'S ON BABY
Pas, BLT is a fantastic RC!!! And saving money too!! Don't touch it, it's perfect!!

Quote:

I hear ya BFF..I supposed to be doing HW
Our star pupil can have a little DIS time or two... after all HW will always be there...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #2183
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
GG, yep, your GS inherited the brains from you!! looking forward to meeting up with him in Nov or Dec (or both!! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Hi from sunny south Florida I'm lurking when I can. All this "home" school stuff is taking up so much time. he seems to be getting over his cold and today was career day at school so no work for the brief hour and a half he was there. So we are getting through all his work nice and peacefully. One day at a time right now!
Hi Melissa, good to hear DS is feeling better and the work is going smoothly. I remember those career days!

Quote:

THIS GIRL RIGHT HERE!!!!

Wow!! Awesome Candace!!! It's going to be a party!! What are your dates so I can add them to the list???

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #2184
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!! I am in tears right now over another Disers post about her cat dying.... it just reminded me of how our one girl is getting older. I am worried about her when we are gone away. But my Mom has promised to take care of her, and give them both lots of love. I think I cannot function if I don't have something to worry about.

Okay, wiping my eyes...8 days to go over here!! (for you Miss!)

It still isn't sinking in yet though, I think on Sunday when we finally tell the girls it will be real! DH and I were talking last night about booking the bounceback when we are there and for what resort. DH only said one resort besides POR, Wilderness Lodge!! We do not fit in one room there....bummer. I know we said POR but who knows... we will have to see what mood strikes us!

Janet: I love that you and your DD workout together and she pushes you to do better. My eldest likes to go for walks with me in the evening when the other two are gone to bed. It is sort of 'our' time.

Wookie: No BC??? Trust me, if we fit in one room at AKL (WL too) we would stay there in a heartbeat!

Dani: You are right behind us!! Can't wait to hear about the Poly refurb. I know this is going way back but how is your tooth now???

Iheart: Your August trip sounds amazing....have I mentioned you are my hero???

Pas: BLT!!! I really can't wait to hear about it!! Sounds like a perfect fit for you guys!

Sheila: Your ADR's look amazing. Congrats on the flight!

Miss: Exciting about the AP possibility!!

Candace: I am doing a happy dance for you! You are going to have such a blast!! What a price on flights!

Melissa: You are such a good mom.

Hi to Koh, Linda, and anyone else I have missed!

Jen
Old 05-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #2185
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

jenny tooth is better, now it's my throat. I've diagnosed myself with the worst possibility of course but I am going to the dr after work.

candace fabulous!!! Is this girls only?
Old 05-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #2186
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
jenny tooth is better, now it's my throat. I've diagnosed myself with the worst possibility of course but I am going to the dr after work.

Are you kidding me??? I hope it is nothing serious!! Good call on going to the Dr's. PLenty of time for meds to kick in if you need them.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #2187
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
GG, yep, your GS inherited the brains from you!! looking forward to meeting up with him in Nov or Dec (or both!! )

Hi Melissa, good to hear DS is feeling better and the work is going smoothly. I remember those career days!

Wow!! Awesome Candace!!! It's going to be a party!! What are your dates so I can add them to the list???
Our Dates are 9/29-10/2!!!

Quote:

Yup! Girls only!!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #2188
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

THIS GIRL RIGHT HERE!!!!

That is awesome!! I would love to do a girls only WDW trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Wookie - love the Donald feathers instead of pixie dust. :-)

Yeah, I thought it was cute.

Quote:
Girls weekend was great! It was quick...we didn't go friday night as planned .. Sat AM to sunday afternoon...so just one night, but worth it. Beautiful days for a road trip. Able to see Mom, my sister and a girlfriend.

Also, went out for our favorite greasy cheeseburger with hot sauce and topped it off with chocolate custard...heaven! Just so we didn't feel too guiltly Sam and I went to the Y sat afternoon and burned off significant carlories so we could put them back on!
I was watching Glee when I first read your post. I read it as the chocolate custard being on top of the cheeseburger.

Well if we're doing food confessions, I have one that still has my tummy not normal and I ate it on Friday night. My mom used to make this meal that I used to tease her that it was Tex-Ese (kind of like Tex-Mex, but a Texas version of Chinese food). You take 2 Hillshire Farms smoked sausages cut it into bit sized peices, and cook it in a skillet. Once it's cooked you add two bag of steamer veggies with carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. I always add water crestnuts (but my mom never did). Then you put it over rice. Well I never get to eat it because the DH doesn't like it. Since the inlaws were out of town, I went to the store Friday afternoon and got the stuff to make it and the guys chicken nachos. By the time I got done cooking, it was time for us to do an operation in game. Since people were waiting on me, I dumped all of it onto some rice and sat on my bed to play the game because I didn't have time to eat. I put it in a bowl that I could just put a lid on and put in the fridge when I was done with the op. Well between pulls, or while we were handing out boss loot, I would take a bit or two. By the end of the op, I looked down and all of the sausage and veggies were gone (there was rice left). I ate 2 Hillshire Farms smoked sausages, 2 bags of broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower steamers, 1 can of water chestnuts, and a little rice. I felt like I was going to barf. My tummy felt so bloated. When I showed it to my DH he couldn't believe it. He said that my tummy hadn't felt so hard and bloated since I was pregnant. I learned my lesson to never eat while doing an operation.

Quote:
Wookie, you will love AKL....we stayed at Kidani in 2010 and we loved it... the pools are great. Nice and peaceful from the parks.
I know I will. I just can't wait to spend time taking as many pictures of two of my favorite animals (zebras and giraffes).

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 05-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #2189
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Letthewookiewin - Now you're making me think about AKL again!!! Hahaha. We visited AKL in 2009 when my cousin and her family were there at the same time and we thought it was a great resort, loved Boma, but we LOVE the Poly but for $600 less we could stay at AKL.... My only hesitation with staying at AKL is the transportation. We rely solely on WDW transportation. Taking the monorail and boat to and from MK is also great!! With us only being there 5 days/4 nights this time I'm worried about not staying somewhere more convenient. We spend most of our time at MK and Epcot....can someone convince me that AKL would be a great choice to try? I love the idea of saving the $600!!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 05-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #2190
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

jenny allergies are REALLY bad here. Doctors are saying from the hurricane. May be a combination. At least it's now and not in two weeks.

candace and does girls only mean moms only?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: