Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #2566
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawmaw040510 View Post
I think we would love the 50's but am just gonna let the magic happen and enjoy where we are put. LOL
That is the PERFECT attitude. With that, you'll be guaranteed to have a fantastic trip
Old 05-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #2567
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kad517 View Post
We just left today and the kiddie pool was still closed, I think??? I didn't see it at Petals pool or bowling pin pool.
Yes, we walked over to AoA for dinner, and it's still closed. From the look of things, it'll be a couple more weeks
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #2568
JoshP
Earning My Ears

Well gang, I've posted here a few times about my trip to pop (going on right now!). I went to check in Friday afternoon and was approached by a guy on an iPad when we were at the check in counter (About half way done through that). He was talking quietly to the front desk person (All I was thinking is, "Really? a stupid survey already?! I haven't even done anything yet?!") He asked if we are traveling alone (Just the 2 of us), we said yes, he double checked saying, "Just the two of you? Not part of any group? Don't know anyone?". Yep, just us! He then said, "We have a Little Mermaid room open, and as long as it's just the two of you, would you like it?" All I was thinking is, wait, what just happened?! Long story short, we are in building 7 in a Little Mermaid room and loving it. The decorations throughout the resort and theming is great. Very cool. I believe AoA was over 99% capacity (Right place at the right time apparently!) since I only had the choice of 2 or 3 rooms. All in all, very happy with everything!
Been to all the parks and love them all. One complaint is Test Track. First time since they re-did it and turned it into a crappy commercial. It's Disney World. RIDES! If I wanted to watch a commercial, I would turn on TV! They got rid of all the fun stuff (Hot/cold rooms, robots spraying... a lot!). All other stuff is great. Rock, Tower, Space Mt... all the same (And awesome). I've been on the Toy Story Mania before, but every time I go on it, it's still awesome.
Right now, it's not too busy! Never waited in line for more than 20 minutes (That's because we mastered the FP system, but still). All for now! Josh
Old 05-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #2569
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshP View Post
Well gang, I've posted here a few times about my trip to pop (going on right now!). I went to check in Friday afternoon and was approached by a guy on an iPad when we were at the check in counter (About half way done through that). He was talking quietly to the front desk person (All I was thinking is, "Really? a stupid survey already?! I haven't even done anything yet?!") He asked if we are traveling alone (Just the 2 of us), we said yes, he double checked saying, "Just the two of you? Not part of any group? Don't know anyone?". Yep, just us! He then said, "We have a Little Mermaid room open, and as long as it's just the two of you, would you like it?" All I was thinking is, wait, what just happened?! Long story short, we are in building 7 in a Little Mermaid room and loving it. The decorations throughout the resort and theming is great. Very cool. I believe AoA was over 99% capacity (Right place at the right time apparently!) since I only had the choice of 2 or 3 rooms. All in all, very happy with everything!
Been to all the parks and love them all. One complaint is Test Track. First time since they re-did it and turned it into a crappy commercial. It's Disney World. RIDES! If I wanted to watch a commercial, I would turn on TV! They got rid of all the fun stuff (Hot/cold rooms, robots spraying... a lot!). All other stuff is great. Rock, Tower, Space Mt... all the same (And awesome). I've been on the Toy Story Mania before, but every time I go on it, it's still awesome.
Right now, it's not too busy! Never waited in line for more than 20 minutes (That's because we mastered the FP system, but still). All for now! Josh
So you were in line to check in at Pop and they asked if you wanted to move over to AoA? While I love Pop, I'd take that offer if just for the pool area at AoA.

I agree with you about Test Track. When we "rode" it in March, I was disappointed and thought it was ruined. Bring back Bill McKim!!!!!

Old 05-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #2570
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Nice! We're here at Pop now, just the two of us, but we didn't get offered to switch. I'd have jumped at the chance! We walked over last night though to check it out and it looks fantastic! I'm also envious that their food court has Sprite Zero! Enjoy your trip :-)
Old 05-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #2571
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathere3 View Post
Nice! We're here at Pop now, just the two of us, but we didn't get offered to switch. I'd have jumped at the chance! We walked over last night though to check it out and it looks fantastic! I'm also envious that their food court has Sprite Zero! Enjoy your trip :-)
Unless something has changed, the food court soda dispensers at Pop alternate -- some have two Sprites and and some have two Sprite Zeros -- walk around and check all the machines...?

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 05-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #2572
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Taxi's?

Quick question - we are staying at the Pop for the first time on November 30th - is it fairly easy to catch a cab at the Pop?

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 05-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #2573
photos_101
Mouseketeer

We check in TOMORROW!!!

Bring on the Pixie Dust!
It is just DH and I, for our first trip ever without kids. (they are 16 and 20)
I requested 60's, ground floor close to the bridge. Can't wait to see where they put us. Like the other poster said, I will be fine wherever as long as I am at Disney.
Now, I have been to AOA little mermaid before and would take that IF offered.

Keep the weather warm and the rain away! Please and Thank You!!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #2574
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats!! As Sandi posted, as much as I love POP I would jump on getting a chance to stay at AoA...LM room too....the pool area is fabulous! Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
Quick question - we are staying at the Pop for the first time on November 30th - is it fairly easy to catch a cab at the Pop?
Yes, most times there is a cab out front (off to the side of the busing area, near the luggage services). If you know for sure you will need a cab on a certain day/time, suggest calling in advance to arrange for one. The Conceirage desk can give you the number for Yellow Cab. We did this last trip and it worked out beautifully.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #2575
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by photos_101 View Post
We check in TOMORROW!!!

Bring on the Pixie Dust!
It is just DH and I, for our first trip ever without kids. (they are 16 and 20)
I requested 60's, ground floor close to the bridge. Can't wait to see where they put us. Like the other poster said, I will be fine wherever as long as I am at Disney.
Now, I have been to AOA little mermaid before and would take that IF offered.

Keep the weather warm and the rain away! Please and Thank You!!
Here's plenty of it for you ... Love the lakeview rooms, and the 60s in particular....hope you get your requests! have fun!

p.s. hmmm suggest you look for a CM with an IPad... and make eye contact ... there might be some more magic to go around!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #2576
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much!

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 05-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #2577
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl15 View Post
Here are the entrees from new menu from according to the "My Disney Experience" App

Roasted Vegetable Cavatappi 9.19, Parmesan-Crusted Chicken 8.79, Mussels Fra Diablo 11.99, Mussels with Roasted Fennel Cream Sauce 11.99, Pepperoni Pizza Bread 9.49, Pork Shank 11.79, Pasta and Meatballs 8.49, Pasta and Sausage 8.99, Family Style Pizza 17.99, Chesse Pizza Bread 8.99, Cavatappi Pasta 6.49 Southwest Burger 9.99, Spring Roll Sub 8.99, Salmon Burger 9.99, Grilled Chicken Sandwich 8.99, Sloppy Joe 8.99, Black Bean Burger 8.29, Angus Bacon Cheeseburger 9.39, Chicken Breast Nuggets 8.69, Beer Battered Fish and Chips 7.99, Create-Your-Own Salad 10.99, Turkey Sandwich 8.99, Roasted Pork Sandwich 8.99, Tuna Salad Sandwich 8.99, Chicken and Dumplings 8.49, Margherita Flatbread 8.59, Shrimp and Goat Cheese Flatbread 9.69, Mediterrranean Flatbread 3.99, Half Sandwich & Soup 7.99, Rotisserie Chicken 9.99, Roasted Pork Loin 9.69, Roasted Vegetables and Tofu 7.59, Poppin Nachos Supreme 6.79, Everything Fried Rice 6.59, Sesame Chicken 9.99, Coconut Curry Shrimp 9.49, Pot Roast 9.99, Beef Brisket 9.99, Beef Strogonoff 8.49, Chili Cheese Hot Dog 8.99, Chili-Cheese Corn Dog 7.59
The new menu looks so good! And gives me a lot more choices (I'm a pescatarian) so that's exciting! coconut curry shrimp is what I've got my eye on

Only 141 more days!!!

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
Old 05-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #2578
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnieatepooh View Post
The new menu looks so good! And gives me a lot more choices (I'm a pescatarian) so that's exciting! coconut curry shrimp is what I've got my eye on

Only 141 more days!!!
Agreed - there are TONS of things on there for me to choose from! I'm going to have a hard time!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #2579
michellelovesthemous
DIS Veteran

Was wondering on the new menu if they are still doing the individual pizzas?? I didn't see that on the posted list and we love our pop pizza if it is gone I may have to eat salmon!!!! But seriously please tell me the pizza is still there and not changed from last year
Old 05-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #2580
spritna
Mouseketeer

question about busses

we will be at pop in a short time, my question is we have a chef mickey breakfast adr for 7:10am. that day animal kingdom has extra morning hours
(opens at 7am) does that mean busses should start running at 6am? I didnt think about getting to the breakfast when i made the adr. TIA

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: