Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #661
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves1019 View Post
For anyone looking for a GREAT medal display/hanger I HIGHLY recommend 'Allied Medal Display'! I just got mine today and it is AWESOME!!! Looking forward to hanging the "Mickey" on it in January!
Not only is the display awesome, it's the best service you'll ever get!
I do not work for them or know them, just very impressed with the product and the service.

www.medalhangers.com

Check them out on Facebook for the awesome pictures.
I've had one of theirs bookmarked and I'm going to spring for it this month. I now have 4 medals and they are starting to clutter the top of my dresser.

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://inlesleyscorner.blogspot.com/
DisneyParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #662
steves1019
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyParrothead View Post

I've had one of theirs bookmarked and I'm going to spring for it this month. I now have 4 medals and they are starting to clutter the top of my dresser.
You won't be disappointed.
steves1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #663
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Well, race week here for me. A local sprint triathlon.

Anyway, each race week I change my facebook cover photo to the below as a Disney inspired "Beast Mode" pic...anyway, thought I would share in case anyone wants to borrow it or just use it as motivation at any point.

LSUfan4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #664
steves1019
Mouseketeer

Anyone running the Broad Street run in Philly this Sunday? I will be, though I'm not properly prepared yet. My goal is to finish in injured :-)
steves1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #665
operationremie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post
Well, race week here for me. A local sprint triathlon.

Anyway, each race week I change my facebook cover photo to the below as a Disney inspired "Beast Mode" pic...anyway, thought I would share in case anyone wants to borrow it or just use it as motivation at any point.

i might have to use that when i run and put it on facebook

My Training Blog: http://ageekintraining.blogspot.com/
Total Miles in 2013: 235.84
2013 Races: 5/13 - Pineapple 5K (Greenwich, CT), 6/23 - Bluff Point Trail Run (Groton, CT), 7/14 - 5K Foam Fest (Haverhill, MA), 7/20 - Run or Dye 5K (Hartford, CT), 9/15 - Surftown 13.1 (Westerly, RI), 9/28 - Color Me Rad 5K (Providence, RI), 10/12 - Hartford Half Marathon (Hartford, CT)

operationremie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #666
Dagna
Earning My Ears

Just signed up for the marathon last night--so excited!!!! Well, not excited enough to not wait for my Disney Visa to arrive so I could get the $15 discount . Card arrived, marathon entered, all is good.

Oh, yeah. There's that training thing to do...haven't run in years. But I used to run a lot, so I'm looking forward to getting back into that.

See ya there!
Dagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #667
FloridaNative8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagna View Post
Just signed up for the marathon last night--so excited!!!! Well, not excited enough to not wait for my Disney Visa to arrive so I could get the $15 discount . Card arrived, marathon entered, all is good.

Oh, yeah. There's that training thing to do...haven't run in years. But I used to run a lot, so I'm looking forward to getting back into that.

See ya there!
How exciting!! Welcome!

WDW - Too many visits to count!
AOA - Jan 2013 CBR - Nov 2013 POR - Jan 2014 POP - Feb 2014 ASMo - Oct 2014 YC - Jan 2015
Disney Fantasy - EC, March 2013
W&D Half - 2010, 2013
Donald Half - 2013
Minnie 10K - 2014
WDW Marathon - 2014
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2014
Goofy Challenge - 2015
FloridaNative8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #668
wendy1974
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For anyone looking for a GREAT medal display/hanger I HIGHLY recommend 'Allied Medal Display'! I just got mine today and it is AWESOME!!! Looking forward to hanging the "Mickey" on it in January!
I do not work for them or know them, just very impressed with the product and the service.

www.medalhangers.com

I have bee look for a way to display my medals (other than my bed post). Thank you for the link!!!
wendy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #669
4stroke
Earning My Ears

Time for me to weigh in......
I'm going Goofy in 2014 and I'm excited, nervous, scared and a bit nuts.....but that's ok!

Today was my second Half Marathon (BMO Vancouver). My first was Donald at the 2013 WDW Half. I've never been a runner, and started running last summer only to train for Donald this year (with DW, but she had to pull out because we're expecting our first baby!). In high school, I couldn't run more than a lap on the track without huffing & puffing, and near-collapsing. Now (14 years later) I've got 2 half marathons and 3 10k's under my belt and I'm flipping addicted to this running thing.

I did way better than I thought I could today. My legs hurt, I have to take a 5-hour redeye flight home (wearing my medal & compression socks, of course!), but I'd do it again tomorrow if my body could.

Goofy, however, is another matter entirely. What have I gotten myself into???

~~~~~mad grin~~~~

4S

Apr/08: Offsite ~ Apr/09: Offsite ~ Apr/10: CR ~ Oct/10: Disney Paris Offsite ~ Apr/11: CR ~ Oct/11: CSR & POFQ (Purchased DVC ) ~ Jan/12: BLT & VWL ~ May/12: BLT & VWL ~ Oct/12: BLT & POR ~ Jan/13: SSR

Apr/08: Offsite ~ Apr/09: Offsite ~ Apr/10: CR ~ Oct/10: Disney Paris Offsite ~ Apr/11: CR ~ Oct/11: CSR & POFQ (Purchased DVC )
~ Jan/12: BLT & VWL ~ May/12: BLT & VWL ~ Oct/12: BLT & POR ~ Jan/13: SSR ~ May/13: VWL ~ Jan/14: BLT
4stroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #670
FFigawi
DIS Veteran

Quote:

www.medalhangers.com

Iron Sport Works makes great medal hangers too. The Texas Marathon Challenge in the middle of the home page is one they custom made for me. They're owned by two Disney lovers in FL, right outside Orlando. http://www.ironsportworks.com/

John
FFigawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #671
FloridaNative8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stroke View Post
Time for me to weigh in......
I'm going Goofy in 2014 and I'm excited, nervous, scared and a bit nuts.....but that's ok!

Today was my second Half Marathon (BMO Vancouver). My first was Donald at the 2013 WDW Half. I've never been a runner, and started running last summer only to train for Donald this year (with DW, but she had to pull out because we're expecting our first baby!). In high school, I couldn't run more than a lap on the track without huffing & puffing, and near-collapsing. Now (14 years later) I've got 2 half marathons and 3 10k's under my belt and I'm flipping addicted to this running thing.

I did way better than I thought I could today. My legs hurt, I have to take a 5-hour redeye flight home (wearing my medal & compression socks, of course!), but I'd do it again tomorrow if my body could.

Goofy, however, is another matter entirely. What have I gotten myself into???

~~~~~mad grin~~~~

4S

Apr/08: Offsite ~ Apr/09: Offsite ~ Apr/10: CR ~ Oct/10: Disney Paris Offsite ~ Apr/11: CR ~ Oct/11: CSR & POFQ (Purchased DVC ) ~ Jan/12: BLT & VWL ~ May/12: BLT & VWL ~ Oct/12: BLT & POR ~ Jan/13: SSR
Congrats, on both the race and baby!!

AOA - Jan 2013 CBR - Nov 2013 POR - Jan 2014 POP - Feb 2014 ASMo - Oct 2014 YC - Jan 2015
W&D Half - 2010, 2013
Donald Half - 2013
Minnie 10K - 2014
WDW Marathon - 2014
Goofy Challenge - 2015
Old 05-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #672
Dagna
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaNative8 View Post
How exciting!! Welcome!
Thanks! I'll hope to see you there.
Dagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #673
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Hi everybody! Wasn't planning on it, but somehow got talked into doing the Half in 2014! Hopefully, the IT's will control themselves and let me do both this and the 2013 W&D. I've never done this particular race before so any newbie advice would be greatly appreciated. Last year's W&D was my first Disney race and needless to say.....I'm hooked! Looking forward to meeting all my fellow WISH'ers in both November and January!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #674
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Hi everybody! Wasn't planning on it, but somehow got talked into doing the Half in 2014! Hopefully, the IT's will control themselves and let me do both this and the 2013 W&D. I've never done this particular race before so any newbie advice would be greatly appreciated. Last year's W&D was my first Disney race and needless to say.....I'm hooked! Looking forward to meeting all my fellow WISH'ers in both November and January!
You can do it...

You have one under your belt and this one will feel easier. Well, after the pain of waking at 0200.... I say pain, but honestly, no one really sleeps the night before a race.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #675
FloridaNative8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Yay!!! Glad to see you here too!

W&D Half - 2010, 2013
Donald Half - 2013
Minnie 10K - 2014
WDW Marathon - 2014
Goofy Challenge - 2015

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: