Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
Chatterbox1169
Mouseketeer

Just back from surprise trip!

Well, I've been home for an hour and a half so thought I'd give you a quick highs and lows. I don't know what's expected of a trip report so am a bit scared of it!!!!

First, my daughter (4) thought we were going camping but stopping at DLP to see if we could wave to Mickey. My other daughter (2) had no clue about iChat DLP is anyway!

Highs:
1) DLH: I am NEVER going to stay anywhere else! Location fab, staff great, fast pass daily, luxury yet felt relaxed when the girls ran around and the smell......now know what you all go on about!
2) Princess Pavilion: yes lots of queuing to get a reservation ticket but to see my 2year old meet Cinderella, her favourite, was worth everything!
3) finally going to Salon Mickey today.....it's our 3rd visit to DLP since having my shareholder card but only managed it today - oops! The girls loved sitting in 'Mickeys lounge' and using his toilet!!!
4) Dreams Show...........there are no words to describe how magical it is!
5) my brother in law proposing to his girlfriend during the dreams show!
6) Going to 3 buffet restaurants we've never been to before which were great value, delicious and perfect with children as you could pick and mix.
7) Small World - was shut last visit. My 2 year old LOVED it!!!!
8) My lucky spot in Studios: daughter was in Stitch with my eldest (youngest asleep in pushchair) and I suddenly looked and saw Minnie, Tigger and Gepetto all alone. I nipped over, met all 3, had some fab photos taken by someone who spotted them too. Then after 5 mins.....they went!
9) getting a bargain in the shop - yes a bargain at DLP! We like to get christmas decorations. There was a plaque which I saw for ¬19.99. I showed a similar one to my mum but she said it was ¬49.99 and not worth it. I thought, oh I know one that isn't and took the ¬19.99 one to the till. I don't know if it was meant to be the higher price or not t I feel like I got a bargain!
10) some CM are just so lovely and really share the disney spirit
11) character interaction. Sent lots of time with my 2 daughters and had a real giggle!

Lows:
1) some CM are so snooty! Some organise character meet and greets so well and take turns and others don't care! My 4 year old got shoved out of the way by adults to see Goofy and when I said something the CM just shrugged at me. But then took Goofy away to meet the woman she'd been chatting too!
2) Caseys: lovely food, rubbish pathetically slow service!!!! 50 mins to get served!
3) all the queue jumpers and adults who shoved my children out of the way. They were just rude!
4) playground area in Adventure Isle had a huge square of the floor lose and wobbly and children kept tripping over it - including my 2 year old. Luckily a soft surface.
5) Cafe Mickey. Have always loved it. Food still nice but menu selection reduced. Used to get daughter just childrens pasta but now a set menu for children (about ¬20) which included a starter choice that I wouldn't eat ie a salad with quails egg! Had to order an adult pizza for the 3 children to share.
6) missing my husband who didn't want to come!!!! His loss!!!!

I think that's about it. Please excuse any typos but I've just driven all the way home and had 2 glasses, maybe 3, of wine to relax before work tomorrow.

Last edited by DLPdaft; 05-06-2013 at 05:04 PM. Reason: to comply with DISboard rules
Chatterbox1169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
MPwifey
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you had a great time!! Can I ask what buffets you ate at? We are debating the half board because I know if we dont do it, we will only eat at counter service most of the trip.

I wish all the CM's could care and be as excited as the good ones.
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Brilliant list of highs there - I love surprise trips .
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #4
Chatterbox1169
Mouseketeer

We ate at:
Day 1) Plaza Gardens. Mum has always wanted to eat there but wasn't impressed. Food nice but staff were grumpy, stroppy and some parents let their children run wild and were climbing over our chairs whist some were getting food as we were in the window and 20 train was out!
Day 2) Le Grange (Tex Mex) staff great, food great, everything great!
Day 4) (cafe Mickey Day 3 so not commenting) Cafe of the Stars in Studio. More like a diner but ideal with children. Lots of choice, fresh food and nice and airy.

People recommend Agbagh Cafe but was shut for renovation.
Chatterbox1169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:37 AM   #5
cinderslg
Mouseketeer

Sounds fab, was the weather good? we go next week
Good luck with work today you must be tired
Old 05-07-2013, 03:16 AM   #6
JohnnySharp2
No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!

Sounds great, completely agree about the DLH - it's either stay there or not go for me (not meant to sound a snob!), it just takes the experience up another level.

We have had mixed feelings on Casey's, like the food, but never seems quite hot enough.

Plaza Gardens, haven't dined at but had a look around last year and wasn't that keen to be honest. What did you think of the DLH breakfast, it's easily our favourite dining experience.

Most CMs we have come across have been fine, you don't get the "yeehaw" hyperactive reaction as you do in WDW, but guess Europeans generally are not like that - that said, we have encountered snooty one's in Florida too.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #7
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Sounds like a fabulous trip

La Grange at Billy Bobs is our list for July and I was disappointed at the lack of reviews, nice to read a good one. We found that the RDS buffet was much nicer than PG in 2010.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
sky13
Mouseketeer

I love how your daughter thought you were going camping - must have been such a great surprise for her!

Disneyland 1993 1995 2012 : Tokyo Disneyland 1996 : Walt Disney World 2001 : Disneyland Paris 2007 2008 2012 2013 : Hong Kong Disneyland 2010
sky13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: