Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
Shea&Van
&Waves

ISO Photographer to Do Family Pictures...any tips? Recommendations?

Hi Disney Brides and Grooms!

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! I've been lurking on the boards here for a while and wanted to post a non-related question (kinda related tho).

We will be visiting WDW Thanksgiving through the first week of December. We would really like to have some family Christmas pictures taken over at the Wilderness Lodge in front of the tree and perhaps in the lobby somewhere.

Does anyone know if this is allowed? I thought I remember reading that anyone could take photographs at the resort, but the parks are off limits. We are not staying at WL this trip, but plan to resort hop to see all the decorations. Have you done or are you planning on doing your wedding shots at one of the resorts?

Can you recommend a reasonably priced photographer to do a few formal (sit down-like) shots and a dozen or so candids? We don't want to spend a fortune and I'm thinking maybe 30-45 minutes would be long enough to grab a few nice pics. Did any of you brides/grooms do family shots that you absolutely love?

I've seen the same few names show up on these boards and I'm not sure if the pricing is in line with what we have to spend. Furthermore, I'm worreid about getting a booking with only six months to go. Ideally, we'd do it right after breakfast when all my littles are fresh and not crabby from the parks.

Any insight you could share or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Happy planning! Thanks so much for reading and congrats once again!
Disney Trips: June 1987 - WDW Off-site, July 1993 - WDW Off-site, September 2002 - DL Off-site, March 2003 - WDW Off-site, January 2010 - WDW Villas at Wilderness Lodge, September 2011 - WDW All Star Sports and Windsor Hills
Most Recent: Nov/Dec 2013 - WDW Buena Vista Suites (one night) and Private Villa at the Emerald Island Resort (eight nights)

Shea&Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
Miniefan
DIS Veteran

Im not sure about the specifics, but Disney does this. You should google Disney Fine Art Photography, The site has two different options for family portraits, an enhanced portrait session for $350 and a mini portrait session for $150.

If I had a choice, I would pick Randy Chapman or David and Vicki Arndt.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: