Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #1456
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamesa View Post
Black where I can find information about this party ? I tried the WDW site but since they changed it I'm totally lost. Well not totally but pretty close .

Thanks!!
Unleash the Villains Friday, Sep 13, 2013
Disney's Hollywood Studios
The Disney villains are so excited about Friday the 13th, they're taking over Disney's Hollywood Studios! Join in the fun for a night of mischief and a villainous dance party that will last until the 13th hour (1 a.m.).
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #1457
Marie17
DIS Veteran

Question --

What happens if I book a reservation for free dining and once the schedule of testing for the upcoming school session comes out my child won't be able to attend and has to stay behind with grandparents?

Since it is a package deal - would I just pay for his ticket and not cash it in? Could we possibly use the child (disney adult since he is 10) credits as our own for the vacation? I don't know what happens if a member of the original reservation does not show up.

Thanks.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #1458
pxedst21
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
That's awesome! What a fun craft...my kids would like that too...can I "steal" that idea?!? Please!!
Have fun!!! My kids had fun coming up with the ideas too. Some are individual (like color your own Disney castle) and some are more group (like play a Disney board game). Anything to spread some pixie dust
Old 05-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #1459
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Sorry all, I wanted to get this out earlier, but my Dis app is not working and I apologize if this is a repeat message. As of 7:50am, the only AoA suites left available for FD is Cars and those are extremely limited. So, if you are a DV holder and have not booked, suggest doing it soon. For those waiting till Thursday hoping they will release some more rooms. Fingers crossed!

Old 05-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #1460
pxedst21
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dig311dug View Post
does anyone else get this:
Remaining Balance: We're sorry. Detail payment information is not available at this time. Please try again later.

Mine has the same thing. When I asked this morning she said it was just their systems were overloaded right now.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #1461
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Wow, Black, what a sad, bittersweet, beautiful story... I am sorry for your loss.. I think I told you but mom died 3.5 weeks ago and I miss her so much.. We took her with us on our last Disney vacation and I know this next one will be emotional for me.. I love looking at our pictures and remembering how much fun we had and I still can't believe it has been almost a month since she has been gone or since I have talked with her.
That trip is something cancer can never take away from me and my boys.
Don't worry, she will be at Disney with you....singing to you with all the colors of the wind.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #1462
Jenmia
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Sorry all, I wanted to get this out earlier, but my Dis app is not working and I apologize if this is a repeat message. As of 7:50am, the only AoA suites left available for FD is Cars and those are extremely limited. So, if you are a DV holder and have not booked, suggest doing it soon. For those waiting till Thursday hoping they will release some more rooms. Fingers crossed!
Oh no. I hope they release more on Thursday. I really wanted to keep my Lion King Suite.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #1463
dig311dug
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxedst21 View Post
Mine has the same thing. When I asked this morning she said it was just their systems were overloaded right now.
thought this might be the case.
thanks
Old 05-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #1464
pxedst21
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwiak View Post
The buses are the reason we stay at Pop. It is a great resort but the buses make it even better. Unless we can do a deluxe, we will always do Pop.
We loved Pop, but after the trip last year DH seems to have a mental block about staying there. When we talked about resorts this time he said anywhere but there LOL (Apparently there was a stomach bug going around Disney so we spent a lot of time in the room with sick kiddos)
Old 05-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #1465
pxedst21
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie17 View Post
Question --

What happens if I book a reservation for free dining and once the schedule of testing for the upcoming school session comes out my child won't be able to attend and has to stay behind with grandparents?

Since it is a package deal - would I just pay for his ticket and not cash it in? Could we possibly use the child (disney adult since he is 10) credits as our own for the vacation? I don't know what happens if a member of the original reservation does not show up.

Thanks.
First thought would be just call and cancel and get a refund for his ticket price. But, since he is an adult, I can see where it may be worth it to keep his dining. Not sure how they would know he's not there, since the dining would just be a total number they subtract from. Maybe someone else will know for sure??
Old 05-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #1466
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie17 View Post
Question --

Thanks.
You would simply call Disney and have the child taken off of the reservation and they would credit you the difference.

Last edited by TheDisney411; 05-07-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #1467
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

Ok, but don't say I didn't warn ya...
Such precious memories :-)

My last vacation with my Dad was at Disney too.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #1468
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

Ok, but don't say I didn't warn ya...

Dad and I used to go to WDW together every year. During those trips, we had many once in a lifetime experiences. One year we got to meet a Disney animator that worked directly with Walt on alot of classic films. He even drew me a sketch and signed it, which I still have framed to this day. Another trip, we found ourselves on the first bus into Animal Kingdom on the first soft opening day. We were literally the first public group into the park and it was facinating to see how things progressed from that day. We celebrated birthdays, and many other things, but mostly just enjoying the Disney magic. I truely believe, he had a large part in my blooming love for Disney.

In 1999, three months (to the day) after our Disney vacation, he was tragically killed in a helicopter crash. I then realized that, at that point, Disney was much more than a vacation...it was memories, fun times, once in a lifetime encounters, and so much more. The next few trips to Disney were bittersweet. I would find myself watching the parade on Main Street, smelling the scents from the Confectionary, hearing the music...and for a moment, could see him standing next to me. At times, I became emotional for no reason, just something flashed me back to a memory. Now I know, that whenever I'm at Disney, I feel like I'm closest to my Dad...I feel like he's there with me (he is), and I make new memories doing new things or new attractions and thinking to myself "Dad would've loved this".

So there you have it...a Father...a Son....many years of good times....and many more years cut short. But lots of memories all the same...and lots more being made each and every year. It's more than a vacation, it's a pilgrimage. It's that reason that every time I go, there are certain things I must do out of tradition...and other things I do to make new memories. And sometimes, at just the right moment, I feel him walking by my side, smiling and just saying "I'm glad we're here".

Disney World was our world and we shared many special memories there. I remember him the best way I know how...by continuing the fun that we always enjoyed together. He always taught me to enjoy life, have fun and not worry about the little things.

Here's to you Dad...I shall ALWAYS remember!!!

As I said earlier...you asked for it.

And now you know.....the rest of the story.
That was a great story! Yup, gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes. I was close to my dad too, typical daddy's little girl. The memories I have with him are ones I cherish every day. Thank you for sharing that
Old 05-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #1469
JoanneDisFan
Mouseketeer

Black, what an awesome way to be able to remember your father.

Dec 2005- AS Movies, Sept 2008- Free Dining AS Movies, Oct 2011- Coronado Springs, Sept 2013-Free Dining Caribbean Beach,
(Me) (DH) (DD14) (DS 3)
Old 05-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #1470
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxedst21 View Post

That's good to know!! We stayed at music several years ago and after 2/3 days of being crammed on buses with all 3 resorts, started driving to the parks just to avoid the buses at night. We've done Pop ever since because of it. Glad to know they do their own buses.
Thanks!!
We have definitely had good luck with the All Star buses, but we always travel in the off season. Also, they have more dedicated buses for each All Star resort than they used to. The possibility of occasionally "sharing" a bus has not deterred us from staying at the All Stars and I think Movies will always be our kids sentimental favorite :-)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: