Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #2626
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funtimesarehere View Post
If dates for sept were announced does than mean we're out of luck for august? We were hoping for late august. Is the any chance of that happening this year?
No late August free dining, but the is a public room offer coming out May 9th, too. Can be booked as room only or as a package with tickets (and a paid dining planing if you want one).
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #2627
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Hope your messages are fixed soon, we have lots to discuss.
I think it's fixed :-)
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #2628
gskywalker
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine71611 View Post
We are booked for POR Sept. 22 - 29th! Free dining AND Food and Wine Festival! Can't beat it!!!
when is the food and wine festival, we are there Sept 23-Oct 6th?
gskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #2629
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gskywalker View Post

when is the food and wine festival, we are there Sept 23-Oct 6th?
That's definitely during food and wine.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #2630
donp
Mouseketeer

I have a group of four rooms that I booked today. Got three confirmations back in the first half hour for the free dining add-on. The fourth has not come back yet. I called back and they stated that they can see it on their screen that I am signed up for that fourth room with free dining, and to expect the e-mail. That was many hours ago. I know that it can "take up to 24 hours," but is this odd that one of my rooms did not get confirmed yet when the other three did right away? Anyone else with a similar issue? I have a hard time calming down and feeling secure until I see it in print!
donp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #2631
sharkyandbones
Earning My Ears

What a great day! We had 8 nights booked for 9/17 that we applied FD to today! And were able to book direct flights out of Buffalo for under 190 a ticket with a morning departure and an evening return flight!

Congrats to all who were waiting for this!!!

Offsite 1984**POR 9/2010**ASMu 1/2012**POFQ 12/2012**POFQ 9/2013
sharkyandbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #2632
BrittNeal
Earning My Ears

Reservation Split

Free dining here we come! I was able to split our reservation.

15% room discount applied to Aug. 31-Sept.2 reservation and free dining to Sept. 2-Sept. 7! In the end we are saving $77 which they will credit back to our credit card. Whew! took about an hour on the phone but its worth it!

Just going to call back tomorrow and confirm all the changes went through. Poor cast member I called him right at the end of the day and made him jump through all these hoops but he couldn't have been nicer. That's why I LOVE disney!
BrittNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #2633
MolonLabe
DTOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgeffers1 View Post
Are there any rumors floating around out there as to free dinning late Nov to early Dec ? We are checking into CBR the Friday of Thanksgiving week and checking our Dec. 6th and hoping for free dinning.
We did a similar trip, Check in at Contemporary Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend and left 7 days later. We had FD.

Great week to be there too.

May 2011 POP for 6 days
Nov 2012 Contemporary for 7 days and MVMCP
Sept 2013 Contemporary for 8 days and MNSSHP
May 2014 cancelled due to FP+ debacle
and dozens of off site trip stays.
MolonLabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #2634
49rt67
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donp View Post
Got It!!!!!!! Disney Visa, Free Dining for September 10-17th!!
Did you received an email from Chase Disney Visa, regarding this offer? I usually get an email, but didn't receive one for this offer. I'm waiting and hoping for an October-November offer of free dinning.
11/06 Pop Century
09/04 All-Star Music
11/01 Animal Kingdom Lodge
10/99 All-Star Movie
10/97 All-Star Sports
11/95 All-Star Sports
11/94 All Star Sports
49rt67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #2635
Bete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49rt67 View Post

Did you received an email from Chase Disney Visa, regarding this offer? I usually get an email, but didn't receive one for this offer. I'm waiting and hoping for an October-November offer of free dinning.
I received an email on Monday in the afternoon. To me, that was rather late.
Bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #2636
Chabby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittNeal View Post
Free dining here we come! I was able to split our reservation.

15% room discount applied to Aug. 31-Sept.2 reservation and free dining to Sept. 2-Sept. 7! In the end we are saving $77 which they will credit back to our credit card. Whew! took about an hour on the phone but its worth it!

Just going to call back tomorrow and confirm all the changes went through. Poor cast member I called him right at the end of the day and made him jump through all these hoops but he couldn't have been nicer. That's why I LOVE disney!
Hi, those are almost my dates, we are arriving on Friday 8/30. Will you be picking your tickets early? I read here that it can be done and then upgrade them to last you entire vacation. But I also read that the call center CMs don't know it can be done, and if you ask them they'll say you can't. So I'm a bit worried.

I did the math and if I split the stay into 2 packages it would end up costing us $800 MORE. So I need to be sure I will be able to do room only 8/30 - 9/2 and then pick the tickets early and upgrade.

Any advice?
Chabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #2637
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabby View Post
Hi, those are almost my dates, we are arriving on Friday 8/30. Will you be picking your tickets early? I read here that it can be done and then upgrade them to last you entire vacation. But I also read that the call center CMs don't know it can be done, and if you ask them they'll say you can't. So I'm a bit worried.

I did the math and if I split the stay into 2 packages it would end up costing us $800 MORE. So I need to be sure I will be able to do room only 8/30 - 9/2 and then pick the tickets early and upgrade.

Any advice?
Check out the ticket sticky for info on picking them up early.

Why would you need to upgrade...couldn't you just buy the ticket amount you wanted with your package? It doesn't have to match your nights...it can be for any offered amount.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #2638
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49rt67 View Post

I've had a Disney Visa for many years and hardly ever receive emails from them about discounts and promos. I've always seen their discounts and promos on the Internet long before Chase sent the info, if they even sent the info at all.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #2639
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabby View Post

Any advice?
Why would it cost you more? It should save you money off full price rack rates to do the split stay to take advantage of the FD promo. Also, you wouldn't need to "upgrade" your tickets, you would simply be picking up your package tickets early.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #2640
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post

Check out the ticket sticky for info on picking them up early.

Why would you need to upgrade...couldn't you just buy the ticket amount you wanted with your package? It doesn't have to match your nights...it can be for any offered amount.
This is correct :-)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: