Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
The Eighth Dwarf
Mouseketeer

A few questions about renting DVC points.

Hi all , hope this is allowed in here.
Has anyone ever rented DVC points, I've had a look at it but I've got a few concerns.
Number one, is it allowed/approved by Disney.
I know how it works was just wondering if there's any chance when I got to check in they could say oh, you don't own these points. Is it permissible for DVC members to rent out points? I've worded that really badly but hopefully you get the general gist.
I've been looking at a site called David's vacation club rentals, it costs 14 dollars a point, which is probably at the high end of the scale but it does seem hassle free. Has anyone used them before? Are they reputable.
Another question, I'm looking a studio for 15 or 16 days at the Boardwalk, is it even possible to rent out that amount of points. It says its 300 points on his site, I take it I would have to rent them all from one person.
What about the Magical express, is that something we book or he does? And whose name actually goes on the reservation.
So if anyone could please give me the heads up on all this it would be really appreciated, maybe if some of you guys have done it before a mini review would be nice too.
Thank you Simon.

October 2011 Old Key west
The Eighth Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

I've moved this over to UK DVC. I don't have time to answer at the moment, but if you haven't had any responses, I should be able to chime in some time tomorrow.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake TowerJanuary 2015 ~ Four Seasons Golden Oak/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
The Eighth Dwarf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDEB View Post
I've moved this over to UK DVC. I don't have time to answer at the moment, but if you haven't had any responses, I should be able to chime in some time tomorrow.

Thank you,
Lol, as soon as I posted it i seen the UK DVC forum, thanks for moving it.

October 2011 Old Key west
The Eighth Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

DVC members are allowed to rent there points out.

Your name will go on the reservation however you have no control over it - all changes and requests have to be done by the member. The member can add ME or you can also book online.

If you only want one reservation all the points would need to come from one member. You could make 2 reservation bu you would have to check out and back in when they change and you run a small risk of actually having o move rooms.

I have no personal experience of David's so can not help you there.

July 2014 - OKWApr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #5
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

Dvcstore do $12 rentals, we contacted them today as we want points for one night but have never rented before either, am very wary incase we get there and no booking
Old 05-07-2013, 05:56 AM   #6
zavandor
DIS Veteran

David is the sponsors of the rental board on this site and has a great reputation.

Just be aware of the cancellation policy (no money back) and that you are renting a timeshare room, so you won't have daily housekeeping (but you can pay as an extra once in the resort, if you want, many don't care).
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #7
TabZ
DFTW Bride October 2014!!

I really want to rent points at AKV in November 2014 and want to get a DVC owner on my side early on as we'd love a Kilimanjaro Club room (it will be the final 2 nights of our honeymoon) and I have no idea how to do it without posting in the wrong place or getting in trouble lol!

November 2002 - DLC - offsite, April 2005 - WDW - offsite, October 2005 - DLRP - offsite, October 2008 - DLRP - offsite,
July 2011 - WDW - POR, October 2011 - DLRP - Dream Castle Hotel ENGAGED!!! November 2013 - WDW - CSR & Disney Dream

Planning our Disney Fairytale Wedding 21st October, 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2847299 Wedding PJ
TabZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #8
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Iv rented my points through davids and it was a smooth transaction no hassell. You can rent off the dis rent and trade board. Iv been lucky enough before buying to rent off two british renters who were great. Less than paying for a room through wdw. Akl is gorgeous u will love it.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #9
RWishbone
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

renting should be smooth and easy

Hi - I am an owner at the BW and rent my points whenever I can not use them. There are many options but the biggest concern for you is to make sure you feel comfortable with the transaction. I give my renters all of my home and work contact info so that they feel comfortable and also give them references to contact. Disney has no problem with the concept and when the reservation is made it will be made in your name. You also have to work out a mutually acceptable arrangement with the rentor becasue they can take a hit if you cancel at the last minute. They have to protect themselves from such a situation. Feel free to email me at rwishbone@aol.com if you have any other questions which you would like to ask. Rich

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: