Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #1411
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
You started a Love movement!!! Lol
everyone.....STORM THE CASTLE!!!!!

Oh wait...that's a different kind of movement...
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #1412
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.

Oh wait. This isn't Groundhog Day. I bet you guys would go crazy it it were.
You're crackin' me up already today.

I'm not even going for FD time, I'm going Aug 25-Sept 3, but I love this thread. Everyone is so nice, helpful, and quite funny. I know it has been said before, but it is wonderful to have people who understand ones obsession. I hope all you FDers (can I make that a word?) have a great time and eat as much food as you possibly can.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #1413
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It's still amazing to me that so many are still willing to pay rack rate for those mermaid rooms, as opposed to saving money or getting free dining on other value rooms....enough so that they still don't discount them. The demand must still be there.
Everyone wants to stay at the new resort :-)

I had the same experience as Jenseib, we lucked out and got that FD pin for last November/December, but I would NOT have paid full price to stay there ;-). We have to have 2 connecting rooms and were excited to try it out and the theming of the resort is beautiful and is like being immersed into a Disney or Pixar movie. The pools were fantastic and the food court was great. BUT the Little Mermaid rooms were way too far from the food court and bus stops - for us. It was not so bad in the morning when everyone was excited and happy to be going to the parks, but another story when everyone was exhausted and grumpy at night after being in the parks ALL day. My husband started driving our suburban to the parking lot by the bus stops and we would drive back to our LM rooms at night. I am so happy that we got to stay there, but unless they ever come up with some kind of super discount for those suites, we probably won't be going back.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #1414
2 Little Mermaids
Mouseketeer

Yeah only two more sleeps. My question is there is three families going and we all want to be in the same section of the resort. So if I call and book all three rooms do I have to put the deposit on all three or can the other two families call back to put the deposit down. It's not a big deal if I have to but the one family just wants to pay for the whole thing at once and I'm not that nice.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #1415
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Well I just got online and purchased two Halloween Party tickets. Did you guys realize the second party is Friday the 13th. So the Studios will have villains and then a Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom that night...sounds like a great way to spend the last day of our trip!!!
Is Friday the 13th the only time they'll have the villains out for the MNSSHP? We're arriving the 12th, but were planning on going to the party on Tues, 9/17. Still debating whether to go ahead and buy the tickets now or wait until we get there to take advantage of the military discount. Would save about $50-$60, but not sure it's worth the risk of having that night already sold out when we get there. Any thoughts on that one?

Disney Fan for Life
Old 05-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #1416
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Little Mermaids View Post
Yeah only two more sleeps. My question is there is three families going and we all want to be in the same section of the resort. So if I call and book all three rooms do I have to put the deposit on all three or can the other two families call back to put the deposit down. It's not a big deal if I have to but the one family just wants to pay for the whole thing at once and I'm not that nice.
When you each call, just ask for your reservation numbers to be linked so they will put your rooms together. If you made all three reservations you would have to put the deposit down for each room/reservation.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #1417
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Don't you guys start getting mushy in here. You'll force me to tell the story of me and my Dad and then everyone will be a blubbering mess.
OK, now you've got my curiosity up on this one. I have a box of tissues on my desk so I'm prepared.

Disney Fan for Life
Old 05-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #1418
JoanneDisFan
Mouseketeer

Loving the thread. DH and I talked last night. I had been feeling I was the one pushing for Disney, but last night DH said he was just as excited to be going back to Disney. We have a trip planed for Montreal in June and what ever money we have left after the trip we will add to our Disney trip to upgrade dining. Wish it was Thursday so I could book. Since LM rooms are out I'm no longer stressing about getting on the phone right at 7am EST. I'll get online or call when my toddler wakes me up.

Dec 2005- AS Movies, Sept 2008- Free Dining AS Movies, Oct 2011- Coronado Springs, Sept 2013-Free Dining Caribbean Beach,
(Me) (DH) (DD14) (DS 3)
Old 05-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #1419
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post

Is Friday the 13th the only time they'll have the villains out for the MNSSHP? We're arriving the 12th, but were planning on going to the party on Tues, 9/17. Still debating whether to go ahead and buy the tickets now or wait until we get there to take advantage of the military discount. Would save about $50-$60, but not sure it's worth the risk of having that night already sold out when we get there. Any thoughts on that one?
The villains are out at all MNSSHP. I believe, Joe was referring to a special Villains party/event at Hollywood Studios on Friday the 13th.

If MNSSHP is a priority I would probably buy the tickets now - you just never know when a party will sell out, but Friday the 13th would have a good chance of selling out.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #1420
acwaters
Mouseketeer

Dido! Reading this thread today has made me laugh about ten times already!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate princess 2 View Post
You're crackin' me up already today.

I'm not even going for FD time, I'm going Aug 25-Sept 3, but I love this thread. Everyone is so nice, helpful, and quite funny. I know it has been said before, but it is wonderful to have people who understand ones obsession. I hope all you FDers (can I make that a word?) have a great time and eat as much food as you possibly can.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #1421
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailrabbit View Post
it's probably because it's getting late, but I am laughing SO HARD!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
That's some good stuff right there!!!! Lol!!!
Quote:
What have I started!!!!
I'm here all week.

Heck, who am I kidding, I'm here for a very, very long time.

And no use blaming Joe...I've always been like this. And being giddy over getting free dining just enhances it.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:19 AM   #1422
Yeln4lks
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the replies. I guess this was my main question. IF fd does become available for my dates do you have a better chance of getting it on a limited number of rooms if you already have the room booked or a better chance if you book at the time of the announcement or are your chances about the same. This is 100% for my daughter, she loves every, any, and all things Nemo . And yes I know she will probably not remember it, but I absolutely adore the excitement she shows for Disney in general. She will almost be 3 in Nov. With that being said I was just trying to weigh my options. If we can’t get the Nemo room we could stay at the Polynesian for a little more . With a discount of course…lol thanks again !
Old 05-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #1423
2 Little Mermaids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
When you each call, just ask for your reservation numbers to be linked so they will put your rooms together. If you made all three reservations you would have to put the deposit down for each room/reservation.
Thank you. You guys are so quick. I've being following this thread but had nothing to add till now. So excited for thurs. even though it is our sixth trip it is so exciting.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #1424
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
"Someone's booking Free Dining, Lord, Kumbayah...."
Now I've got that song running through my head ... Quick, someone sing It's a Small World ... oh wait ... I'm not so sure that would be much better.

Disney Fan for Life
Old 05-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #1425
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
Now I've got that song running through my head ... Quick, someone sing It's a Small World ... oh wait ... I'm not so sure that would be much better.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: