Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #3706
SpectroMagic*o*
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbcanada View Post
We stayed in LM building 7 last week and it was 7-10 minutes to the bus and food court. We walked from Pop Century one day and didn't find it any closer. So if you don't want to upgrade to a suite you have to do the walk. This resort is meant for families so I think they should have forgotten about the LM section, since it is too far away.
Definitely didn't find the walk bad at all!! Theres so much to see as you walk to the main hall, took about 5 min for us I'd say...unless you have a slow walker in the group. We agreed Pop DEF had a further walk from the farthest building there.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #3707
SpectroMagic*o*
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMcCulloch View Post
We are booking an AOA suite this week for dec7-12 and can't decide Finding Nemo or Cars...any thoughts?
I have to say, I am a huge fan of the Nemo movie and never have been a fan of Cars...and I know the Nemo section is the most popular, but I was BLOWN away by the Cars section!!! It was amazing!!! I loved it so much I actually want to stay there next time I go!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #3708
jeanylaser
Walt Disney World Dolphin resort biggest fan

next year we will selected Cars Wing at AOA! I can't wait!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #3709
Sunlover317
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectroMagic*o* View Post

I have to say, I am a huge fan of the Nemo movie and never have been a fan of Cars...and I know the Nemo section is the most popular, but I was BLOWN away by the Cars section!!! It was amazing!!! I loved it so much I actually want to stay there next time I go!
I love the first Cars movie and I am as excited ( if not more) than my 5 yr old son, to stay in the cars section this July,
Old 05-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #3710
Jimmysmom0703
Mouseketeer

I booked LM for Aug 25/30 but when the RO discounts came out, I switched to POP Perferred and now its only saving me like $70...Is it worth it to pay the extra money and stay at AOA?? Thanks!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #3711
bella2117
Mouseketeer

My family and I are staying in the nemo suites in sept and I was looking at some reviews on another site for the hotel and I read one that made me so upset. A person left a review saying that this place is infested with bed bugs. They were "everywhere" as they put it. And they said that management was still filling rooms despite the "infestation". Now this person left no other details what so ever about what area they were staying if they contacted management...just wanted to vent about the bugs. I'm having a hard time believing the post but for my own sanity can someone just confirm that it's really not as bad as this person is saying. I mean if I were writing that I would try to make it as detailed as possible right?
Old 05-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #3712
jska482
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysmom0703 View Post
I booked LM for Aug 25/30 but when the RO discounts came out, I switched to POP Perferred and now its only saving me like $70...Is it worth it to pay the extra money and stay at AOA?? Thanks!
It was to me. I did the same thing. It was $82 to upgrade to LM from POP. I decided it was worth it, but if FD is released we will switch to POP if LM is excluded, which is likely.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:15 PM   #3713
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella2117 View Post
I'm having a hard time believing the post
As you should. Don't you think if there was an "infestation" and they were still filling rooms without taking care of it someone here on the DIS would have reported it? I've read multiple posts here of people that have just returned and there was no mention of it.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:48 AM   #3714
disneymom0811
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

As you should. Don't you think if there was an "infestation" and they were still filling rooms without taking care of it someone here on the DIS would have reported it? I've read multiple posts here of people that have just returned and there was no mention of it.
Ewww really. Oh I hope not. We are there this summer, please no- after reading the previous post, I can't stop itching now. Disney is Disney, even if there was an issue, I feel they would be on top of it. Like you said, wouldn't other Disney vacationers reported back on this already??????????
Old 05-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #3715
bella2117
Mouseketeer

Maybe the person who posted that review was angry for something that happened and that's the only way they could think to get back at Disney. It's a shame but I don't think its at all an issue at the resort. Sorry for making everyone itchy I just don't like the thought of messing with bed bugs
Old 05-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #3716
LK4Bama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
My family and I are staying in the nemo suites in sept and I was looking at some reviews on another site for the hotel and I read one that made me so upset. A person left a review saying that this place is infested with bed bugs. They were "everywhere" as they put it. And they said that management was still filling rooms despite the "infestation". Now this person left no other details what so ever about what area they were staying if they contacted management...just wanted to vent about the bugs. I'm having a hard time believing the post but for my own sanity can someone just confirm that it's really not as bad as this person is saying. I mean if I were writing that I would try to make it as detailed as possible right?
I saw this review too. This is the only review this person has ever written. I question reviews that are horrible (like this), when all the others are good, or have no history of reviews and write only one really bad review. I would take it with a grain of salt.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #3717
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
I think it was probably a troll who was hoping enough people would believe it and cancel their reservations, so they could book.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Old 05-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #3718
Lazor460
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies

I think it was probably a troll who was hoping enough people would believe it and cancel their reservations, so they could book.
btw Lol You are cracking me up saying that person is a troll my husband says that all the time and I never hear other people say that! Im a very worried person but honestly if this was a real issue i DO believe disney would take care of it and Im sure others would have def reported it! If you are really worried I believe there is spray or something you can buy. Not sure what its called tho someone told me about it tho!
2011 WDW Royal Plaza
2007 Sarasota, FL
2005 Celebrity Century Cruise
Me DH DD 9 DS 6 DD 1,
Old 05-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #3719
Lazor460
Mouseketeer

Hi new to this thread! we are staying at aoa lion king suite in sept! we were originally booked for cr but with the fd they wouldnt include it on our standard room! we were honestly staying there mainly for convenience we have (a then) 8, 5, & 8 mon old thought being connected by mr would be best but o well! we just couldnt see paying 425 +tax a nite!!! anyways we are really looking forward to aoa now :-) we were wondering though how buses were? are there long waits? thanks so much for any info!! :-)
2011 WDW Royal Plaza
2007 Sarasota, FL
2005 Celebrity Century Cruise
Me DH DD 9 DS 6 DD 1,
Old 05-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #3720
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Absolutely no reason to believe that report..at least not word for word. Could there have been a bedbug issue? Sure. All it takes is one guest to come in with bugs on their luggage. Then, the bugs multiply and become a concern to the next guests. If they report it to Disney, it will be addressed. To say that Disney doesn't do anything about bedbugs is just ridiculous!!
I have stayed at WDW over 30 times in the past 10 years...have yet to see a bedbug...or any evidence of one. I've stayed at the values....no issue whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazor460 View Post
Hi new to this thread! we are staying at aoa lion king suite in sept! we were originally booked for cr but with the fd they wouldnt include it on our standard room! we were honestly staying there mainly for convenience we have (a then) 8, 5, & 8 mon old thought being connected by mr would be best but o well! we just couldnt see paying 425 +tax a nite!!! anyways we are really looking forward to aoa now :-) we were wondering though how buses were? are there long waits? thanks so much for any info!! :-)
I have found that the buses are fine. I actually prefer them to other resorts' buses!! They are plentiful and make no other stops along the way. I stayed there last Dec and am looking forward to another stay in a month!!!
I love AoA. The theming is incredible. I loved just walking around the resort. All the different sections are incredible!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: