Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
bear_mom
DIS Veteran

Anyone know how to get a hold of the manager at Pop?

I left my anniversary band on the safe when we checked out yesterday (my fingers swell horribly when walking around the world). I talked to someone at lost and found and it hasn't been turned in and someone has already checked into the room I was in, she will keep checking, but I would prefer to talk to manager at Pop personally.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am soooo mad at myself .

Thanks,
Emily
bear_mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

You can kiss that ring goodbye for the most part. If you left something valuable behind I guarantee you the housekeeper has it now. I left a brand new $90 bottle of perfume on the bathroom counter one time when we checked out and I called the same day to ask them to get it for me and they said it was not turned in and it was not still in the room and the housekeeper claims to not know anything about it. I never saw it again.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
franluvsbubba
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 View Post
You can kiss that ring goodbye for the most part. If you left something valuable behind I guarantee you the housekeeper has it now. I left a brand new $90 bottle of perfume on the bathroom counter one time when we checked out and I called the same day to ask them to get it for me and they said it was not turned in and it was not still in the room and the housekeeper claims to not know anything about it. I never saw it again.
Yep. Same thing happened to me a few years bk at ASM. We checked out and I left my laptop under my bed. We were at DTD whn I realized it. I went bk a few hrs later and went to our room because our key cards still wkd. The room had been cleaned so I know housekeeping came, but the laptop was gone. Spoke to the mgr and no one turned it in. They spoke to housekeeping but he supposedly never saw it. I guess it got a dose of pixie dust and flew away. :-(
franluvsbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
bear_mom
DIS Veteran

YAY! They found it. I called the Pop number from the Pop thread last night and talked to someone there who passed along the message to the manager. She called and left me a message at 11 pm last night, I called back this morning and the manager (different one) said they found it and lost and found had it and would call me today to arrange getting it shipped back home.

Now I am playing phone tag with lost and found (my cell doesn't work at work due to being located next to radiation equipment at the hospital), but they have it and I just have to arrange paying for shipping insurance (if I want it).

I don't know how they arranged it, the room was/is currently occupied.

Emily
bear_mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #5
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear_mom View Post
YAY! They found it. I called the Pop number from the Pop thread last night and talked to someone there who passed along the message to the manager. She called and left me a message at 11 pm last night, I called back this morning and the manager (different one) said they found it and lost and found had it and would call me today to arrange getting it shipped back home.

Now I am playing phone tag with lost and found (my cell doesn't work at work due to being located next to radiation equipment at the hospital), but they have it and I just have to arrange paying for shipping insurance (if I want it).

I don't know how they arranged it, the room was/is currently occupied.

Emily
Great news! I'll bet housekeeping didn't look in the safe, nor did the current occupants. I don't use the safe, I never look in it.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #6
AuroraRora
Princess

That's so sad to hear people have had issues like that. I've been leaving my ring and watch in the room most days, as well as my laptop on the desk. I suppose theft can happen anywhere, I've just never thought of it being an issue at WDW
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #7
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

I am so happy for you! I have always known Pop personnel to be some of the most caring people in the whole world. I'm glad you will have your ring again! Yay!
Old 05-06-2013, 11:30 PM   #8
dansdad
DIS Veteran

That's great news! Twice now we have had personal items returned to us when we've left them behind. Both times they were sent back to us via Fed Ex and no charge to us. I love that type of service!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:36 AM   #9
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

I am so happy for you! Good to know there are honest people around. I once left a bag full of purchases on a ride, somebody returned it to lost and found

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: