Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #1321
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Whew! Finally got caught up! I am SO excited for all of you guys who got it!! Glad there are some RD for Aug folks too! I really can't wait now until Thursday! I will have to stay on top of this a little better Thurs so it won't take me over half the day to catch back up Crossing my fingers for Pop, but we would be just fine with ASMo again this year. Just SO excited and happy for everyone!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #1322
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmastaz View Post
Let's just say for giggles there are no AoA suites left when I get to book on Thursday morning (this is just disaster planning, I refuse to believe this will happen for my sanity). Are there any other resorts that have a similar room? I see All-Star Music also has a suite option, but we are planning on upgrading to the DDP and is there a mod resort that has separate sleeping areas for adults/kids? Or should I just move to two back to back rooms at different value? Again, I hope it doesn't come to this, but I like having back up plans!!
AsMu are similar to the AoA, and, I think, cheaper.
Two connecting rooms at a value are even cheaper.
POR Alligator Bayou has rooms that sleep 5, one room, one bathroom, not separate space.
Music suite or two rooms is the way to go.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #1323
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailrabbit View Post
Whew! Finally got caught up! I am SO excited for all of you guys who got it!! Glad there are some RD for Aug folks too! I really can't wait now until Thursday! I will have to stay on top of this a little better Thurs so it won't take me over half the day to catch back up Crossing my fingers for Pop, but we would be just fine with ASMo again this year. Just SO excited and happy for everyone!
Was wondering where you've been. 😊

Old 05-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #1324
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Was wondering where you've been. 😊
Ha! I had to at least PRETEND to be working today, since I probably will be off to a pitiful start Thurs!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #1325
Noerdax
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dig311dug View Post
why book through a travel agent and not directly through disney?
I never understood that since it's so easy online nowdays
2 reasons for me.

I do it to have someone to blame if anything goes wrong.

It doesn't cost me a penny more to do it with a TA and they get a commission out of it! Why not spread the wealth?
Old 05-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #1326
bigrad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrad View Post
We have 4 Adults (34,35,60,61) and 3 kids (2,4,8) going in September. I currently have 2 rooms at POR (hopefully connecting). I don't know Disney all that well... Is there a suite or different resort that may be better for my group?
Anyone.... Anyone.... Buehler? Can I use that quote since its not a disney movie? Lol!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #1327
skmastaz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post

AsMu are similar to the AoA, and, I think, cheaper.
Two connecting rooms at a value are even cheaper.
POR Alligator Bayou has rooms that sleep 5, one room, one bathroom, not separate space.
Music suite or two rooms is the way to go.
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking two rooms will be my backup. What is everyone's favorite value resort? I'm liking the looks of All star movies!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #1328
AMateus
Mouseketeer

So Happy for the September Group! Now to wait and see if it extends to October/November! fingers crossed
Old 05-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #1329
Bryna
Earning My Ears

So I am new to this site and i'm so happy to be getting all this great information. I'm planning a Disney honeymoon for September and I'm wondering if any one has heard if rooms at AKL are available for the FD discount.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #1330
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrad
We have 4 Adults (34,35,60,61) and 3 kids (2,4,8) going in September. I currently have 2 rooms at POR (hopefully connecting). I don't know Disney all that well... Is there a suite or different resort that may be better for my group?
I dont know about your budget, but if you can swing it you may have more room in 2 connecting rooms at a deluxe. Now granted, we have not stayed at a mod so I cannot speak from exp to the accommodations. But deluxe rooms will have 2 queens and a daybed. This may make sleeping arrangements easier.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #1331
lazer
Mouseketeer

Not a fan of the new Disney site. I can't see any of my package details. (We're doing waterpark+ and hoppers). I want to see dining listed (added it this am)! End rant
Old 05-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #1332
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryna View Post
So I am new to this site and i'm so happy to be getting all this great information. I'm planning a Disney honeymoon for September and I'm wondering if any one has heard if rooms at AKL are available for the FD discount.
Yes, I believe they are, but I do not know what room categories are included. If you have a Disney Visa card, you can call the Disney reservations number tomorrow or Wednesday beginning at 8:00 am eastern time (not sure how late they stay open). If not, you can call during the general public offering which begins Thursday, May 9th. Either way, the CM will be able to tell you if the resort & room type you want has the FD offer available. Good luck & congratulations on your upcoming honeymoon.

Disney Fan for Life
Old 05-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #1333
CopperWife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarrahA View Post
Speculation question for the experts - are there any trends known between discounts & dates? I'm wondering if the RO discount on the 28th will be followed directly on 29th with either FD or another RO, or if Disney usually will leave black out dates in between? Say, start a FD discount on 10/01? Just trying to gauge whether my first choice date range will be covered with a discount at all now - sept 29-oct 5. =\
You and I are in the same boat (9/28-10/5). Maybe we should fret about this together lol

me DH DD10 DD7

No ticker for now
Old 05-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #1334
cjsmama
Earning My Ears

In April I used a TA and my package ended up being like $200 cheaper than any numbers I ran myself. No clue how that happened but I didn't complain...

I am Doing it myself this time, just because I know the only discount will be FD...
Old 05-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #1335
mjmpoohfamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
We have stayed there many times and I have never had any issues with the buses :-)
Ok so we talked it over and it looks like ASMO just might be the best option for us. Now as far as rooms go we have picked out (according to the map) which room will more than likely work best for us. My question now is do I call tonight and switch my ressie to ASMO from LM to get the room I want and then call back on Thursday and add the dining or do I wait?

Thanks again for all your guidance.

Me DH DS (9)

2012: POP Century ..... 1st trip EVER!!!!!! just me and the husband 2013: All-Star Movies ...... 1st trip EVER for our son for his birthday!!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: