Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
chrystie4141
Earning My Ears

IOA 5/10 - Help

We will be at IOA on 5/10 staying onsite and then at US on 5/11 before our annual Disney trip. I know that IOA closes at 6 on that Friday due to a high school event but why is it when I look online for times of things all I see is 5/4-5/9 - 5/11 -5/15. I don't see any times for 5/10. I don't think every show (including terminator) is closed that day so what's up? Any ideas?
chrystie4141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrystie4141 View Post
We will be at IOA on 5/10 staying onsite and then at US on 5/11 before our annual Disney trip. I know that IOA closes at 6 on that Friday due to a high school event but why is it when I look online for times of things all I see is 5/4-5/9 - 5/11 -5/15. I don't see any times for 5/10. I don't think every show (including terminator) is closed that day so what's up? Any ideas?
I'm not sure why so many dates are missing. I think it is just a website error.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #3
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
May 10th is Gradventure (middle school event) so the parks will close at 6PM. Students will be allowed into the Studios starting at 4PM. I don't know why show times aren't listed for that day.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:30 AM   #4
chrystie4141
Earning My Ears

Should I worry about students coming in at 4pm? We are staying onsite and have never felt rushed since we have the express pass. We will of course do HP early and in the afternoon we plan to use a 'pass' DS (6 years old) got last year for a 'front of the line' one time deal. He rode HP 3 times last year and on the 4th time all the sudden he wasn't tall enough, well needless to say he burst out in tears (5 at the time) and one of the employees walked up and handed him a postcard and hat (for free) along with a signed card with his name on it that said next time he was there he has a one time pass to skip the line to ride ( I thought that was super nice). I still shouldn't stress would you, seeing how we do have the onsite pass?
chrystie4141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #5
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Should I worry about students coming in at 4pm? We are staying onsite and have never felt rushed since we have the express pass. We will of course do HP early and in the afternoon we plan to use a 'pass' DS (6 years old) got last year for a 'front of the line' one time deal. He rode HP 3 times last year and on the 4th time all the sudden he wasn't tall enough, well needless to say he burst out in tears (5 at the time) and one of the employees walked up and handed him a postcard and hat (for free) along with a signed card with his name on it that said next time he was there he has a one time pass to skip the line to ride ( I thought that was super nice). I still shouldn't stress would you, seeing how we do have the onsite pass?
You should be fine. The kids coming for the hard ticket event will not have access to Express until the event starts. You will notice an increase in crowd levels though so you might want to save your shopping until then so you can make a quick exit.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #6
ZooKeeper13
Earning My Wand

Just to let you know about Grad Bash, it also affects parts of City Walk. We were there the last week in April and figured after the park closed that we'd go to Churrascaria. Unfortunately nobody told us that's where they hold the kids until it's time for them to enter the park. We had to wait until 8pm to get through!

"Just the Two of Us" Trips:
Nov. 12-17, '09 US/IoA - RPR*****Sept. 17-19, '10 Hershey =~~~~~~~~~~~= Nov. 11-18, '10 US/IoA - RPR
Nov. 10-17, '11 US/IoA - RPR*****April 24 - May 1, '12 US/IoA - RPR =~~~= Nov. 7-15, '12 US/IoA - RPR
April 24-30, '13 US/IoA - RPR =~~= Nov. 12-20, '13 - RPR =~~~~~~~~~~~~~= April 29-May 7, '14 - RPR
ZooKeeper13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: