Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 06:06 AM   #16
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0quirkygirl0o View Post
Thanks for all your WONDERFUL advice. We are still deciding... I think it will depend on how on budget our wedding stays. If we keep it on track, we'll go for BWI. If we start getting carried away with the wedding, POR will win.

I thought about POFQ but... honestly... (I know this is shallow and silly) the jester guys and the giant creepy heads scare me. They totally weird me out. I can't imagine staying somewhere where those giant heads could be looking at me. It's like they are looking into your soul, and leering.

We're debating the split stay, but I'm a little worried the meal plan could get very confusing and somewhat difficult to handle. I don't want to feel tied to using my credits on one half or the other only. But, it still might work.

I talked to my fiance about doing a DVC room. I'm still a little sketchy on how they work. I also worry that during Food and Wine Festival (and with only a 6 month lead) we may be too late to book into BWI. But, if anyone has experience with renting DVC I would love the info and perspective. Maybe it might be the best bet.

Oh! A few additional notes: We won't have a car, but we are city folks and accustomed to daily bus rides. We like to hit the parks hard in the morning, then grab lunch, followed by heading back to the room to relax for a while. Then, we head back out to the parks for dinner and follow that with more park time. So, we would be spending a fair amount of time both in the rooms and in the park. That's one of the reasons I thought BWI would be so handy. We could go back and forth so easily.

Thanks again for all the help! I really appreciate it!!! And congrats to all the newly and soon to be married around here!!!
That is too funny about being creeped out by the large heads. ... But i see your point.

As far as dvc. We own, but I have never rented out our points. I very recently found the need to rent points from another member for an upcoming trip. I was very fortunate. I found him on the disboards. It is a little complicated why I used him, but basically I needed his points actually in my own dvc account, so I couldn't use some of the renters because they don't "transfer" points into other "members" accounts. I would suggest looking into the rent/transfer dvc points on the disboards. scroll down to dvc on the main thread site & you should find the dvc renting thread. Alot of people rent from some of the rental business type rentals. Many can give you references. I read about renting a lot before I actually rented. We used paypal. You can pm me any questions if you want.
Dee

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #17
EllieMD
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks for all your WONDERFUL advice. We are still deciding... I think it will depend on how on budget our wedding stays. If we keep it on track, we'll go for BWI. If we start getting carried away with the wedding, POR will win.

I thought about POFQ but... honestly... (I know this is shallow and silly) the jester guys and the giant creepy heads scare me. They totally weird me out. I can't imagine staying somewhere where those giant heads could be looking at me. It's like they are looking into your soul, and leering.
Oh, my gosh...I thought I was the only one!

FWIW, I LOVE the Boardwalk, but I've never been able to get myself to go down that scary clown slide! Haven't the imagineers ever seen a Stephen King movie?

"For the sun is warm,
and the world is a beautiful place."
EllieMD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #18
herb102211
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Beach Club on our Honeymoon. We love the Boardwalk area and the close proximity of those resorts to Epcot and HS. So in your case, my vote is for BWI! We've stayed there before, as well and loved it!

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club 11/14- AoA
Me (28) DH (29)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #19
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I talked to my fiance about doing a DVC room. I'm still a little sketchy on how they work. I also worry that during Food and Wine Festival (and with only a 6 month lead) we may be too late to book into BWI. But, if anyone has experience with renting DVC I would love the info and perspective. Maybe it might be the best bet.
We tried to book a DVC room at 7 months out, and the studios and 1-bedrooms at both Boardwalk and Beach Club were completely booked for all the dates we tried. It's tough to get a room in the Epcot area during a Festival unless you're a points owner (or renting from one) who has Boardwalk or Beach Club as their home resort and can book 11 months out.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: October 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #20
o0quirkygirl0o
just a little mischievous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Melissa View Post
We tried to book a DVC room at 7 months out, and the studios and 1-bedrooms at both Boardwalk and Beach Club were completely booked for all the dates we tried. It's tough to get a room in the Epcot area during a Festival unless you're a points owner (or renting from one) who has Boardwalk or Beach Club as their home resort and can book 11 months out.
Thanks for the info!!!
o0quirkygirl0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #21
sambycat
DIS Veteran

OMG ITS KILLING ME!!!!!! WHAT IS THE “I” IN BWI????
boardwalk Villa? no boardwalk Resort? no
THE ONLY BWI I KNOW IS THE AIRPORT!!! NOW THIS IS GOING TO MAKE ME INSANE ALL DAY LONG!!!!! AAIIIIIEEEEEEEEE

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #22
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambycat View Post
OMG ITS KILLING ME!!!!!! WHAT IS THE “I” IN BWI????
boardwalk Villa? no boardwalk Resort? no
THE ONLY BWI I KNOW IS THE AIRPORT!!! NOW THIS IS GOING TO MAKE ME INSANE ALL DAY LONG!!!!! AAIIIIIEEEEEEEEE
BOARDWALK INN

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #23
sambycat
DIS Veteran

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH THANK YOU!!!!

i was getting sweaty and light headed

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #24
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

You can't go wrong with either one---they both have their own charm.

I must say though---BWI for F&W can't be beat and it's more compact than POR. POR is a large spread-out resort. Some rooms are quite a hike from the food court and bus stops. Just depends on your bldg location.

With BWI, I like having a 1) balcony 2) ability to walk in and around the BWI/BWV in inclement weather 3)easy walk to Epcot and boat ride to DHS. Just my preference for BWI---I like POR and think it's a beautiful resort and makes the budget not feel the pinch as much. But you will give up some nice perks I feel. As long as you are aware of them and are ok, it's not a problem.

Also, I feel there is more to do for non-park entertainment around the boardwalk area like Jelly Rolls and ADH. I know we have done F&W the past 3 years and go back multiple days so we can visit each and every booth and take in all the event has to offer. Being able to walk back to your room is invaluable. But if you only plan on a day or two at F&W, a split stay would be fine too. I'm sure whatever your choice you'll have a great time

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #25
o0quirkygirl0o

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambycat View Post
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH THANK YOU!!!!

i was getting sweaty and light headed
Ha! Thanks for giving me a good laugh for the day. Abbreviations can be tricky.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #26
o0quirkygirl0o

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
You can't go wrong with either one---they both have their own charm.

I must say though---BWI for F&W can't be beat and it's more compact than POR. POR is a large spread-out resort. Some rooms are quite a hike from the food court and bus stops. Just depends on your bldg location.

With BWI, I like having a 1) balcony 2) ability to walk in and around the BWI/BWV in inclement weather 3)easy walk to Epcot and boat ride to DHS. Just my preference for BWI---I like POR and think it's a beautiful resort and makes the budget not feel the pinch as much. But you will give up some nice perks I feel. As long as you are aware of them and are ok, it's not a problem.

Also, I feel there is more to do for non-park entertainment around the boardwalk area like Jelly Rolls and ADH. I know we have done F&W the past 3 years and go back multiple days so we can visit each and every booth and take in all the event has to offer. Being able to walk back to your room is invaluable. But if you only plan on a day or two at F&W, a split stay would be fine too. I'm sure whatever your choice you'll have a great time
We decided to sacrifice a bit of the luxury and booked POR today with a king bed. It won't be quite as awesome, but it will help with the overall wedding budget.

We knew we wouldn't be spending too much time in the room and getting a king bed room would be a nice compromise between our two ideas.

Maybe next time I'll get my deluxe stay.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #27
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

You're going to have a great time at POR too its so romantic and pretty.

My resort history: BoardWalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo and Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.
bradleyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:15 AM   #28
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

You will have an awesome time at POR !!!! Maybe you can book a nice romantic evening carriage ride there

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #29
Penguin312
Earning My Ears

We did a split stay for our honeymoon (and first trip for both of us) in January. 10 nights at POR and 3 at concierge level AKL. I was actually really sad to leave POR. It's just beautiful and super romantic. The great thing about POR is that you can fax a request in. The thread on here about POR can give you great advice about sending a fax and how to word it. We booked a king bed and then requested mansion and upper level. We ended up with a gorgeous corner room at the front of one of the mansion buildings. It was more than I could have hoped for.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #30
o0quirkygirl0o

Thanks for all the support everyone! We are super excited!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: