Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #121
Vala
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry - I tried three times, but neither Concierge I spoke to seemed to understand my request of a brunch theme list. I'll try to call the restaurant hotline tomorrow when I unpacked, just came back this afternoon.

Regarding the Oriental themed brunch: It could still be Royal Brunch - the cast there seems to switch. I know of a Cinderella version and have been told there's a Beauty and the Beast one too. Maybe they now added Aladdin into the mix there. There has never been an Aladdin brunch before. Around the World sometimes had oriental costumes, but that only had Mickey, Minnie and friends. But maybe they're switching to new stuff for the summer season. We'll hopefully know more when I call. I can confirm that I met Abu in the parks Saturday, so maybe the Aladdin gang is really getting out more. Jafar and Genie were apparently out too, at least I saw their signatures in a kid's autograph book.

If Mickey, Minnie and friends appear then yes, they normally have special costumes. The only exception seem to be Chip and Dale. I was at the Neverland brunch yesterday and Mickey, Minnie and Donald were all in their pirate costumes. Chip and Dale were not.

Also the free champagne/fruit cocktail is back, at least it was offered to us yesterday (May 5).
Old 05-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #122
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vala View Post
I'm so sorry - I tried three times, but neither Concierge I spoke to seemed to understand my request of a brunch theme list. I'll try to call the restaurant hotline tomorrow when I unpacked, just came back this afternoon.

Regarding the Oriental themed brunch: It could still be Royal Brunch - the cast there seems to switch. I know of a Cinderella version and have been told there's a Beauty and the Beast one too. Maybe they now added Aladdin into the mix there. There has never been an Aladdin brunch before. Around the World sometimes had oriental costumes, but that only had Mickey, Minnie and friends. But maybe they're switching to new stuff for the summer season. We'll hopefully know more when I call. I can confirm that I met Abu in the parks Saturday, so maybe the Aladdin gang is really getting out more. Jafar and Genie were apparently out too, at least I saw their signatures in a kid's autograph book.

If Mickey, Minnie and friends appear then yes, they normally have special costumes. The only exception seem to be Chip and Dale. I was at the Neverland brunch yesterday and Mickey, Minnie and Donald were all in their pirate costumes. Chip and Dale were not.

Also the free champagne/fruit cocktail is back, at least it was offered to us yesterday (May 5).
thanks vala, i though i hadn't heard of an aladdin brunch. i did ask again to be sure but she just said oriental/middle eastern and that is usually aladdin.

if you do ring if you could ask for the 2nd june. my dd wanted to wear her rapunzel dress to the royal brunch but she does have a jasmine costume if it is aladdin. decisions decisions lol.

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #123
Vala
DIS Veteran

Yeah, I'll be asking for anything they have starting June. I think the Mother's Day brunch in May was the last one we had confirmed and I was trying to get the list up to date as much as possible.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #124
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Quote:

Long may it stay! Loved this in November - especially as I got DH's as well as my own!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:27 AM   #125
pluto13
Earning My Ears

hi, does anyone have themes for june yet? im thinknin of including a sunday maybe 16th or 23rd? tried ringing dining reservations and the lady didnt have a clue what i meant with themes. told me they dont know which characters will be there, just mickey andfriends..never princesses! thanks.
pluto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #126
Vala
DIS Veteran

Call back and try again. That's how we do it. Drop some names of the brunches from the first page, that usually helps.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #127
pluto13
Earning My Ears

for anyone who might be interested, sunday 16th is fathers day, not sure what characters this includes.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #128
pluto13
Earning My Ears

for anyone who might be interested, sunday 16t is special brunch for fathers day, not sure what characters this includes.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #129
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know the brunch theme for 28 July yet? I would really like to know the theme before I call on 30 May to make my reservations for our trip so that I do not have to decide while on the phone what to do. I am a big planner and like to think things out carefully. I know that I can call but calling from the States can be expensive even on Skype if they keep me on hold too long and then I also heard that many CM's do not even understand what you are asking when you say "brunch theme" ?

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Momís Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #130
Vala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
Does anyone know the brunch theme for 28 July yet? I would really like to know the theme before I call on 30 May to make my reservations for our trip so that I do not have to decide while on the phone what to do. I am a big planner and like to think things out carefully. I know that I can call but calling from the States can be expensive even on Skype if they keep me on hold too long and then I also heard that many CM's do not even understand what you are asking when you say "brunch theme" ?
Should be Fairy Tale. I reserved for the 21st and it'll be Rapunzel again that weekend.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #131
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

Quote:
Should be Fairy Tale. I reserved for the 21st and it'll be Rapunzel again that weekend.
you are so lucky lol my dd would have loved the rapunzel brunch

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #132
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Vala- I just want to make sure I understand you correctly- you said you reserved 21st July and that is Rapunzel? I read on post 1 of this thread that Rapunzel/Fairy tale are together- does that mean Rapunzel/fairy tale is 21st July and we'll be Royal/Princier on the 28th? Or did you mean Rapunzel/Fairy Tale is both 21st and 28th July?

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Momís Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
Old 05-28-2013, 12:55 AM   #133
Vala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
Thanks Vala- I just want to make sure I understand you correctly- you said you reserved 21st July and that is Rapunzel? I read on post 1 of this thread that Rapunzel/Fairy tale are together- does that mean Rapunzel/fairy tale is 21st July and we'll be Royal/Princier on the 28th? Or did you mean Rapunzel/Fairy Tale is both 21st and 28th July?
*headdesk* I meant Brunch Royal is on on the 28th.

Sorry for that - I was in Paris over the weekend and I think my brain is still slightly broken. Fairy Tale is Rapunzel and is on the 21st, you are correct. Brunch Royal is another princess with prince and friends and is on the 28th.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #134
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Thanks for clarifying Vala! Do you know which prince & princess are usually at royal brunch? Are they different from the ones at Auberge because we were planning to go there too. Also are Mickey Minnie & the other characters at royal brunch dressed in royal/special clothes?

Old 05-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #135
PetiteSirene
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto13 View Post
hi, does anyone have themes for june yet? im thinknin of including a sunday maybe 16th or 23rd? tried ringing dining reservations and the lady didnt have a clue what i meant with themes. told me they dont know which characters will be there, just mickey andfriends..never princesses! thanks.
We are going on the 23rd and just rang them, I almost squealed down the phone when she said it was Hawaii! Just need to get my husband to say yes to it now, I am so excited!
PetiteSirene is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: