Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
gamecock
Earning My Ears

opinions for change from WL

we (myself, dw, ddd 7 & 2) are booked at WL in a standard room 9/20 - 9/27. If free dinning is offered, as is expected, we can change to Poly or CR for basically the same amount as we are currently paying for WL. I am just seeking better informed / more experienced opinions if this is worth it, or should we stay where we are and save the money? thanks to everyone in advance.
gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
Sue M
DIS Veteran

We love WL, it's a beautiful resort and so is Poly. Both are great choices. WL with free dining would save you money. Good luck deciding.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

I like (and have stayed in) both resorts. I'd base it on which atmosphere appeals to you most and how much you want to be on the monorail. The pools are equally fun. Getting around WL is easier than getting around the Poly.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock View Post
we (myself, dw, ddd 7 & 2) are booked at WL in a standard room 9/20 - 9/27. If free dinning is offered, as is expected, we can change to Poly or CR for basically the same amount as we are currently paying for WL. I am just seeking better informed / more experienced opinions if this is worth it, or should we stay where we are and save the money? thanks to everyone in advance.
We've stayed at both and while the WL is an awesome resort, I would change to the Poly. We love the WL, but the Poly has a few advantages for us over the WL. We love the larger rooms, a daybed in every room, being on the monorail with easy access to a variety of dining options, being able to walk to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail, and having the beach for watching the fireworks.

With all of that said, we used this thinking when we first tried CL at the WL. We were booked in a standard room when a room discount came out. After crunching the numbers, I realized we could upgrade to CL for the same price that we were currently booked with at rack rate for a standard room. Adding the discount and keeping the standard room would have obviously saved us money, but I figured it was a good way to try CL, so that's what we did. Looking back on it, I have no regrets about doing that and would do it again without hesitation. Good luck deciding as I know how hard it is to pick a resort, although you really can't go wrong with either of these as they are both great places to stay.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: