Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #3511
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Yes, there is a microwave in the Marketplace. You can also request one from housekeeping when you check in. Not sure how many there are. I believe they are free but based on availability.
Great thx! Grabbing micro bowls of easy Mac for kiddos.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
Old 05-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #3512
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
There are some wonderful HD walk through videos on YouTube that were posted last month. I thought I'd share them. They got me all excited for my trip:

Beach Club:

http://youtu.be/CSIZEJ-iG7Y

Yacht Club:

http://youtu.be/Glao33F42qs

Enjoy!
Thanks for sharing these - they really give you great perspective that you can't get from photos alone!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #3513
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
There are some wonderful HD walk through videos on YouTube that were posted last month. I thought I'd share them. They got me all excited for my trip:

Beach Club:

http://youtu.be/CSIZEJ-iG7Y

Yacht Club:

http://youtu.be/Glao33F42qs

Enjoy!
Thanks for posting the links to these! The BC video felt so familiar! I'm sure, after July, the YC one will feels just as familiar. I'm such a geek....I yelled out, "There's Teena!" while watching!

Am I the only person who was picking out the windows/balconies of the rooms they've stayed in previously?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 05-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #3514
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Hi does anyone have the fax number for yatch club to fax in room requests? Also is 5 days prior to arrival a good time to do this? Thanks!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #3515
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Agree RW.....Maybe a bus loop from/to both waterparks.

I guess the problem I have with it is we go during off season a lot and I can't tell you how many trips I've made through BB and no one got off or on.....
Yes, I can see them doing this off season, but not hot months. In winter you'd never catch me at a WP, and makes sense during low attendance.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 05-06-2013, 02:48 AM   #3516
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Aunt View Post
You can price it out on the FedEx and UPS websites also.

FedEx and UPS deliver to the Yacht/Beach Club Convention Center. The convention center's office is run by an outside vendor. You have to pay them for handling when you receive a package there. The fee is based on the weight of your package. In March 2012 it was:
Up to 5 pounds: $3
5-20 pounds: $5
above 20 pounds: $10

When you're thinking about cost, it sounds like you have to factor in the cost of shipping your package back home after your trip, because I doubt you plan to leave those plush characters behind when you go home. I know people have had the hotel help them ship packages home.

Here's a money-saving idea - do you have a friend or family member with a key to your house? Keep the toys hidden until you leave. Have someone go into your house while you're gone, and set up the huge plush characters on your kids' beds, or maybe sitting on the couch holding the remote. Nobody is happy about having to go home after a Disney trip. You would be doing an In Room Celebration to make everybody feel better about going home, instead of an In Room Celebration to make everybody happy about being at Disney World.

Okay, I said it was an idea... I didn't say it was necessarily a good idea...
I love this idea Definitely think it is something worth doing to lessen the "pain" of leaving wdw! Brilliant idea
Old 05-06-2013, 02:56 AM   #3517
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Bumping this!!!

I think Robyn did this (with pixarmom's photographic help). Robyn looked at the Marketplace pictures that pixarmom took, and made note of some of the goodies for sale, then prepared a list of things for IPO to purchase on her behalf.

Maybe one or both of them could elaborate on this.

Thanks for bumping me up Dee Hoping I can pull it all off!
Totally OT but I swear I met your identical twin while picking up a friends kids from school last week!! I actually did a double take Honestly if I ever meet that woman again I will ask if I can take her photo and send it to you! You don't have any relatives living this side of the Atlantic by chance?
Old 05-06-2013, 06:27 AM   #3518
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Thanks for posting the links to these! The BC video felt so familiar! I'm sure, after July, the YC one will feels just as familiar. I'm such a geek....I yelled out, "There's Teena!" while watching!

Am I the only person who was picking out the windows/balconies of the rooms they've stayed in previously?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I was looking at the people Teena was talking with and wondering if they were DISers, too.

I was looking at the balconies thinking, will we get one like that?

Old 05-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #3519
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Sad, tried to add free dining to our BC ressie, they only offer it on laguna view or higher rooms, would have cost me $800 more to stay here over CR...so back to CR...really love CR, but was way too excited after reading about BC! Please post if anyone gets FD on garden or standard view! Good luck all!

Old 05-06-2013, 06:58 AM   #3520
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Sad, tried to add free dining to our BC ressie, they only offer it on laguna view or higher rooms, would have cost me $800 more to stay here over CR...so back to CR...really love CR, but was way too excited after reading about BC! Please post if anyone gets FD on garden or standard view! Good luck all!
Keep trying ... things change daily ... almost hourly.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:06 AM   #3521
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
First off, congrats on your weight loss goal. keep up the great work!!!

And second as Teena has suggested, keep checking. You never know when something will open up!!

Have a great time planning
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 05-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #3522
Vaninou
Earning My Ears

So excited!!!!

Finally the time has come

Leaving to Orlando on Thursday
And we'll be staying at the Beach Club from 17th until 24th

Hope to see some of you there

I will be with my DH and my DS, we'll be celebrating my bday there (19th) but also my DH and DS bdays and our wedding anniversary
Counting the hours

December 95: DW (Yacht Club)
September 98: DL (Offsite)
May 09: DL Paris (Offsite)
May 10: DW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
October 10: DL (Offsite)
May 12: DW (Beach Club Villas)
May 13: DW (Beach Club Villas)
December 2013: DL Paris (Disneyland Hotel)
May 2015 DW: Beach Club Club Level
Old 05-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #3523
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
We are staying at the yacht club again in October. Does anyone know if it's easier to get walk up breakfast reservations at the swan/dolphin. I know last trip if we did not have a breakfast reservation at either kouzzina, captain's grille or cape we wound up skipping it. I did make a couple of breakfast reservations for the week but sometimes we just want to wing it as well.
Bumping- I have never been to the Swan or Dolphin, so I don't know the answer to your question. Some who post here have stayed or visited. My guess is that you would be ok without a reservation, but really that is based on nothing other than a hunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Thx for the updates natebenma! We were unsure of our dates when we originally posted but now we know! Put us down for BCV from 10/19-10/27/13. Thanks!
Great! I have updated your dates on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Dee, you are the best.

Are you heading to the NEGKTW meet?
Unfortunately, it looks doubtful. If June is anything like April and May were for me and my family I will be lucky if my head stops spinning before my July trip!

It sounds like a great event, though, so I hope the turnout is fantastic. If anyone from this area of the country is interested in checking it out, here is the link:

Third Annual New England Give Kids the World DIS meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
Hi does anyone have the fax number for yatch club to fax in room requests? Also is 5 days prior to arrival a good time to do this? Thanks!
From everything I have heard, sending a fax to the resort is not a very effective method for getting your room requests. Best way is to make sure your request is listed on your reservation.

I always add my requests as soon as I make my reservations and then follow up (through Disney Central Reservation Office or IPO if I have a club level reservation) about 10 days before my trip.

Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Thanks for bumping me up Dee Hoping I can pull it all off!
Totally OT but I swear I met your identical twin while picking up a friends kids from school last week!! I actually did a double take Honestly if I ever meet that woman again I will ask if I can take her photo and send it to you! You don't have any relatives living this side of the Atlantic by chance?
Too funny! I am not aware of any relatives in your neck of the woods. My family background is French, by way of Canada.

It hasn't happened lately, but people used to tell me all the time that I look like someone they know. Then, one day we were boarding a plane from Orlando (cruise) to Boston and the flight attendant said "I know you!" I told her I get that all the time. Then she said "No, you live in my town" and she was right! Small World, huh?

Quote:
Bummer!

As others have said, keep checking. Hope you can plan a stay at the Beach Club, but I certainly can't fault you for going for those savings.

Thanks for letting us know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaninou View Post

I will be with my DH and my DS, we'll be celebrating my bday there (19th) but also my DH and DS bdays and our wedding anniversary
Counting the hours

Have a fantastic trip!!!

Last edited by natebenma; 05-07-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #3524
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Aunt View Post
You can price it out on the FedEx and UPS websites also.

FedEx and UPS deliver to the Yacht/Beach Club Convention Center. The convention center's office is run by an outside vendor. You have to pay them for handling when you receive a package there. The fee is based on the weight of your package. In March 2012 it was:
Up to 5 pounds: $3
5-20 pounds: $5
above 20 pounds: $10

When you're thinking about cost, it sounds like you have to factor in the cost of shipping your package back home after your trip, because I doubt you plan to leave those plush characters behind when you go home. I know people have had the hotel help them ship packages home.

Here's a money-saving idea - do you have a friend or family member with a key to your house? Keep the toys hidden until you leave. Have someone go into your house while you're gone, and set up the huge plush characters on your kids' beds, or maybe sitting on the couch holding the remote. Nobody is happy about having to go home after a Disney trip. You would be doing an In Room Celebration to make everybody feel better about going home, instead of an In Room Celebration to make everybody happy about being at Disney World.

Okay, I said it was an idea... I didn't say it was necessarily a good idea...
Thanks, that info helps a lot! I was thinking the fees were going to be much higher, but this may make it worthwhile to look into FedEx ground. You are right I do have to figure on bringing them home but I think with our food supply and diaper supply used up we will have a little more room on the trip back. Plus they will no longer need to be hidden from sight.

And very cute idea, but as I intend for these to be our only at the park souvenirs I really want to surprise them there.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #3525
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaninou View Post

Counting the hours

Great News!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: