Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 01:44 AM   #151
squirrel
DIS Veteran

Sent requests to join the FB page. I didn't see the request to join on the FB page until after I sent you a message.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #152
knabebug
DCL Fan

Hello, everyone!

My husband and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary onboard the day after SF. (We've been together 19 y). Got married in Vancouver BC. And we're doing the Panama Canal Crossing back-to-back. We love the sea days. Plus we used to live in SF.

It seems there are many newbies booked. It'll be numbers 10 & 11 on DCL for us, so on the PC cruise we should get Platinum.

If anyone has any questions, please ask!

Nobbi & Jack
knabebug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #153
BaileyFamily704
We've earned our ears, now to earn our sea legs

We are finally paid in full!!!

Now I can start thinking about cruise extras. I know someone mentioned a month or so back that someone had expressed an interest in begining the FE for our adventure, has that happened yet?
If not, would anyone be interested in working together to set one up. I have never participated in one, let alone ran one but I would love to team up with someone who has some previous experience and get something started.

Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder Since 2009
1st Cruise: Disney Wonder (5513) - California Coastal 9/9-14/2013 (FE Co-Organizer)

BaileyFamily704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #154
lmoore2004
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyFamily704 View Post
We are finally paid in full!!!

Now I can start thinking about cruise extras. I know someone mentioned a month or so back that someone had expressed an interest in begining the FE for our adventure, has that happened yet?
If not, would anyone be interested in working together to set one up. I have never participated in one, let alone ran one but I would love to team up with someone who has some previous experience and get something started.
I don't believe that anyone has started a FE for our cruise. I have never organized one but I have participated in one and would love to be involved in organizing one. It sounds like a lot of fun! I would love to be a partner and help get things rolling!
lmoore2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:17 AM   #155
BaileyFamily704

Let's do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmoore2004 View Post
I don't believe that anyone has started a FE for our cruise. I have never organized one but I have participated in one and would love to be involved in organizing one. It sounds like a lot of fun! I would love to be a partner and help get things rolling!
I am so excited to have someone working with me for this.
Email me at Baileyfamily704@xxxxx.xxx with your contact info (name, email etc.) And we can get this started.

I sent you a PM but I am not sure it worked as it isnt listed in my sent box so I think email would work better.

1st Cruise: Disney Wonder (5513) - California Coastal 9/9-14/2013 (FE Co-Organizer)

Last edited by BaileyFamily704; 05-29-2013 at 01:28 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:31 AM   #156
BaileyFamily704

Attn all cruisers!!! Our fish extender registration has officially begun!!!

Welcome to the the Fish Extender Exchange Group for the September 9, 2013 Disney Wonder California Coast Cruise!

If you'd like to join, please post the following information and be sure to subscribe to this thread to receive updates:

-- DISboard username
-- Cabin # (if you know it already)
-- Family Last Name (helps with personalizing family gifts)
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Favorite Disney character for each of the people in your cabin, if any (this helps if people make gifts specific to the people in the room)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies, etc

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example. As families join, I'll post a master list of our group. That way, you can go back to that entry at anytime to see who all is in our group. The week after our cut-off has passed, I can make a spreadsheet of all the info., organized by deck for convenience, and either post it to Google Docs or you can PM with your e-mail so I can send it to you.

For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each others extenders.

Here is a thread with some basic info about it:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or store bought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

All gifts should be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Monday September 9th and early evening on Friday, September 12th. That will give people time to still be able to pack their bags on Friday (they usually have to be outside cabin doors by 10:30 that evening) before we leave the ship on Saturday morning.

Our group will close Tuesday, July 9th (2 months prior to sail date). This allows people plenty of time to order, make, assemble, personalize, etc their gifts. Thank you!!

If we see an outstanding response from willing participants we may divide the total list into smaller groups of 20-25 cabins per group. By doing this it is less running around from stateroom to stateroom so you may enjoy your vacation and not spend the entire time running around like crazy looking for different rooms. Plus it is less gifts to make or buy and less that you have to worry about packing and traveling with.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #157
amandaroseziegler
First Family Cruise

Quote:
Welcome to the the Fish Extender Exchange Group for the September 9, 2013 Disney Wonder California Coast Cruise!

If you'd like to join, please post the following information and be sure to subscribe to this thread to receive updates:

-- DISboard username
-- Cabin # (if you know it already)
-- Family Last Name (helps with personalizing family gifts)
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Favorite Disney character for each of the people in your cabin, if any (this helps if people make gifts specific to the people in the room)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies, etc

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example. As families join, I'll post a master list of our group. That way, you can go back to that entry at anytime to see who all is in our group. The week after our cut-off has passed, I can make a spreadsheet of all the info., organized by deck for convenience, and either post it to Google Docs or you can PM with your e-mail so I can send it to you.

For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each others extenders.

Here is a thread with some basic info about it:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or store bought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

All gifts should be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Monday September 9th and early evening on Friday, September 12th. That will give people time to still be able to pack their bags on Friday (they usually have to be outside cabin doors by 10:30 that evening) before we leave the ship on Saturday morning.

Our group will close Tuesday, July 9th (2 months prior to sail date). This allows people plenty of time to order, make, assemble, personalize, etc their gifts. Thank you!!

If we see an outstanding response from willing participants we may divide the total list into smaller groups of 20-25 cabins per group. By doing this it is less running around from stateroom to stateroom so you may enjoy your vacation and not spend the entire time running around like crazy looking for different rooms. Plus it is less gifts to make or buy and less that you have to worry about packing and traveling with.
Sent a message on Facebook to sign up!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #158
Kharris702
Earning My Ears

SO Excited!!!!

Well I am so excited to have found this group! I just booked this cruise today it will be my 6th Disney cruise and my boyfriends first I just sent a request to join the facebook group and we would love to do the fish extender exchange if there is one! I am 26 and he is 30 are there any other couples sailing!!!
Kharris702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #159
Kharris702
Earning My Ears

Fish Extender Applicant

KHarris702
Harris/Gagliano
Krista (26) Donald/ Daisy Duck and Mike (30) Tigger
Allergic to Citrus
Kharris702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #160
BaileyFamily704

FE Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharris702 View Post
KHarris702
Harris/Gagliano
Krista (26) Donald/ Daisy Duck and Mike (30) Tigger
Allergic to Citrus
Thanks Krista, welcome to the group.
I have added you to the FE list.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #161
sandracox67
Earning My Ears

Smile Count us in!

Count us in on the FE - this will be my 4th Disney cruise, husband's 3rd - did our first FE on our last cruise and had a ball!

-- sandracox67
-- Cabin #7035
-- Sandra & DH Joel (no kids)
-- Sandra (Belle) Joel (Beast)

FYI, might want to cap it (or start a second group) at 15-20 rooms.
Our group (1 of 2) last year had 14 rooms and that was still 47 people.

Here's our FE and some of the loot we got last year -

sandracox67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #162
amandaroseziegler
First Family Cruise

Thats a good idea, could be a lot in one cabin
Old 05-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #163
BaileyFamily704

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandracox67 View Post
FYI, might want to cap it (or start a second group) at 15-20 rooms.
Our group (1 of 2) last year had 14 rooms and that was still 47 people.
Thanks for that info Sandra. I didn't think it would grow that rapidly, but I see your point 20 cabins x 2 per stateroom is 40 and that is not really even counting rooms with more than double occupancy.

Also, I have added your name to the list

Old 05-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #164
happy55girl
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks for that info Sandra. I didn't think it would grow that rapidly, but I see your point 20 cabins x 2 per stateroom is 40 and that is not really even counting rooms with more than double occupancy.

Also, I have added your name to the list
I'm in agreement, I'd like to see smaller cabin numbers I possible

Septmeber 2012 Wonder 6 night Repo Van - LA
September 2013 Wonder 5 night Repo Van - LA
happy55girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #165
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

This is a long shot, but I won't be sailing on the Wonder till Oct 2014, and am in room 6620. Does anyone from this cruise have any pictures of the verandah here? Or any pictures from this room at all?

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: