Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 07:56 AM   #1
Lolsmum
DIS Veteran

Boardwalk Inn lovers

I hadn't really considered this resort, and I'm not sure why.

Tell me why it should make the short list for our next trip please.
Lolsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #2
gogo
DIS Veteran

Lolsmum:

I wanted to reply to your thread because I asked myself the same question a couple of years ago. I've been to Disney many times over the years and have stayed at all the deluxe resorts except Saratoga Springs with the mods and values thrown in. But, we only decided to stay at the BWI two years ago for the first time. We liked it so much we stayed the following year (this past January).

I wondered why I never considered BWI after our wonderful first stay. We stayed standard CL both times. First of all, we loved the location. The walk or boat ride to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is great. I always felt that we were in the middle of the action with the other Epcot resorts within walking distance plus the boardwalk itself having the shops, entertainment, and restaurants literally out the front door. There always seemed to be activity but I never felt it was overly noisy or intrusive.

The first visit we had a great boardwalk/lagoon view(great location for a standard room). It was fun to sit on the balcony and people watch. The views over the lagoon were so pretty at dusk. Our second visit we had a garden view overlooking the courtyard pool. This was also a nice location and pretty quiet.

The feature pool was cute but I enjoyed the courtyard pool. It was so relaxing and pretty. It really depends on your traveling party. All the resorts are family friendly and kids would certainly enjoy BWI but it just felt more adult oriented which I liked.

I've stayed at the Poly, Yacht Club, and Beach Club club level and the BWI club level is really the only one I would do again. Unless, of course, I got a big discount. It was classy with great food and really pleasant/professional CM's.

I could go on but probably not capture everything. I think if you are considering a stay, go for it. I'm really glad we did.
gogo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I have only stayed here once, but I did LOVELOVELOVE the sheets and bedding. At the time, they had the super deluxe linens in the rooms and they were so soft. I don't know if they are still using them, but they were much better than AKL and WL
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
tmbacon
Mouseketeer

Will be watching this thread too - we've stayed at all levels of resorts at WDW, next time are contemplating between BW or BC.
Disney resorts: Animal Kingdom, Grand Floridian, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Port Orleans French Quarter (twice), Pop Century, Coronado Springs, Villas @ Wilderness Lodge, and a few off-site hotels too.
Did our FIRST Disney Cruise Spring Break 2010.

tmbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I have stayed at all of the deluxe and DVC resorts except for Poly. BWI is definitely my favorite resort. We are also an adult only group and I definitely feel like BWI is a better fit for adult only parties.

Nothing at WDW beats staying club level with a boardwalk view at BWI. Extra bonus points if that stay is during Food & Wine.

The top reason is the location. It's an easy walk to both Epcot and DHS. There are tons of restaurant choices between the 6 hotels and World Showcase that don't require using any transportation.

What sets BWI apart the other resorts in that area? The cast members are amazing here. The feature pool is not a zoo and the pool bar is great. Grabbing pizza at the pizza window and sitting on the boardwalk people watching is a lot of fun. Stopping for a quick treat to take back to your room from the bakery is fantastic. The lounge is quiet and intimate.

The only negative about this resort would be that there isn't a convenient location for refillable mugs. Since I don't use them, it's not an issue for me.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
Princess Disney Mom
DIS Veteran

This is a great resort. I've stayed here twice. I loved going out on the boardwalk at night then just up the stairs to my room.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
2006 - CR X 2/ DoubleTree WDW/ POFQ/ Music Resort
2007 - POP X 3/ Double Tree WDW
2008 - Disneyland/ BoardWalk / Off Site WDW
2009 - Offsite/Doubletree at WDW/CR/Boardwalk
2010 - Disneyland/ Doubletree WDW/HBC/ Music Resort
2011 - Hilton Bonnet Creek/ Port Orleans Riverside
2012 - Hilton Bonnet Creek
2013- Disneyland / Grand Floridian
2014 - Offsite/ Grand Floridian
Princess Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #7
Cshel85
Mouseketeer

My DH and I will have our first stay at BWI in 23 days. This is an adults only trip and we based our stay on location and just the reviews I have gotten from everybody on here about BWI..

May 1999 Swan
August 2000 Port Orleans Riverside
July 2012 Wilderness Lodge Club Level
May 2013 Boardwalk Inn
July 2014 Boardwalk Villas

Cshel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #8
bowbat
DIS Veteran

BWI is probably my favorite Disney resort (right now).

As others have said, the location is fantastic. Not just the walk/boat ride to Epcot & DHS, but also having all the other Epcot resorts in walking distance -- your dining & shopping options are unbeatable.

The atmosphere on the boardwalk is lively & fun. You really feel like you're IN Disney -- the energy of the parks is there. It's not a stressful energy at all, though. It's nice just to sit on a bench and watch the boats go by, watch kids kicking a ball around (seems there are always kids playing in the grassy area), watch the entertainment. It's great.

The rooms are really lovely. Without a doubt my favorite Disney resort rooms. They actually look & feel "deluxe." We stayed in a standard CL room and overlooked the back courtyard. It was so pretty and peaceful, and we could watch the fireworks from our balcony.

Finally, the CMs there are outstanding. Every one we encountered there was so friendly and helpful. Every. One. CL staff, housekeeping, groundskeepers, bus drivers -- they were all SO outgoing. My husband was even like, "How is it possible that every single person here is so nice? Like, they didn't manage to hire even one jerk?" HA!

In the interest of fairness, a couple of negatives. One, I found the walls to be rather thin. We could hear people walking down the hall & hear the water/shower/toilets in other rooms. We've never noticed that at other Disney resorts. And two, pretty much all the shopping & dining options are out on the boardwalk, so you do have to go outside to access them. A real bummer if the weather's bad.
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
bowbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
jl
Mouseketeer

Per a previous post re: refillable mugs. There is a new, very convenient refill station in the Boardwalk Bakery....just re-opened with mug station last week
jl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #10
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

We have stayed in the villas a few times and are staying in the Inn this July on the CL. BW is our favorite resort. We love it there. Whenever we try other resorts we always find ourselves missing the BW.

The porch, just outside the lobby on the boardwalk side, is my favorite place to sit for a while and relax. The whole resort is beautiful and peaceful. And the music they play on the boardwalk is very nice. Definitely transports you to a different time.

Location is another bonus. We like being able to pop over to Epcot whenever we feel like going without waiting for transportation. And the boat ride to HS is great.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #11
erinscreen
Mouseketeer

I love the BWI! I think that it often gets forgotten because all of the restaurants and shops are outside of the actual resort, so even if you visit those, you may not actually make it into the hotel.

I love the whimsy--the nostalgia. The rooms seem kinda fancy which is nice for Disney. Also, the location is AMAZING. Since it is also the smallest deluxe resort, there is usually very little traffic inside the actual resort.

I stayed club level last year, and the CMs are awesome, as others have mentioned. They are so accommodating and helpful and nice!

I am going to stay at the Polynesian this weekend, which I am excited about, but that is my mom's choice (we are going to celebrate her 60th birthday!), but my first choice will probably always be Boardwalk.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #12
marmar
Mouseketeer

Leaving next week for our 5th stay at BWI. We've stayed CL twice. This is now our favorite deluxe and we've stayed at them all.
We are now empty nesters, and this is an awesome place for adults. We used to stay at YC & BC a lot when we had teens with us. You can't beat SAB when you have kids. But we aren't interested in competing with the kids for the pool and don't like the noise the pool brings.

The thing we like best is the convenience to EPCOT & DHS. Next is probably the quiet atmosphere thru out the entire Inn.

The remodel several years ago made it even better. The new couch/daybeds were very comfortable.

The Club Level staff are great. My husband left his glasses on the animal kingdom bus early in the am. The CL staff went into search mode that evening and not only found them but had them delivered to our room.

The lobby is not as overwhelming as the other deluxes but other than check in, we seldom go into the main lobby. Instead we sit on the various porches and enjoy the rocking chairs.

We ate breakfast most mornings on the boardwalk after grabbing something from the bakery. We are excited to see the remodel next week.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #13
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

We started out going to Disney back in 1993. The only resort for us was the Beach CLub because the BWI was still being built. We thought we would always return to the Beach Club but we were wrong. We started staying at the BWI from the moment we were able to book and have never looked back. We try and visit 2-3x a yr and usually will stay CL unless it is not available. We love having 2 parks to visit. You can either walk or take the boat.
The boardwalk at night comes to life with nightly entertainment. If we are lucky enough to snag a BW view you can sometimes see the fireworks from the MK. If you have a garden view, you can see the fireworks from Epcot. If you stay CL you can also view the fireworks from the balcony. CM at the BWI are awesome especially up in CL. They go far and above to make sure your stay is magical. We love sitting out by the quiet pool in the afternoons. We are heading to the BWI-CL in 3 weeks.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #14
Jacqui
Mouseketeer

We just booked a room here yesterday, upgraded from POR. We are hoping all will be great especially since our kids are younger

DH DS DD
Jacqui is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: