Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
tjmw2727
Enjoys "mom and me" trips
May just have to dance!

Family suite questions - two families of 3?

We have stayed at almost all of the resorts including value but not yet in one of the suites. For our Thanksgiving trip it looks like my sister in law and her two kids may be joining us - funds are tight for them.

So - I can afford a family suite on my budget alone but I am trying to figure out the logistics. It will be me and my dd's who are 16 and 17, my sil and her ds 12 and dd 10.

It looks like the suite at the Music would be the best fit. Did I read right that there is a pull out couch and two single sleepers in addition to the queen in the master?

If I can put one of the single sleepers in the master, would it fit? This way I can share the queen with one dd and have the other on one of the single sleepers.

Then my sil can share the double pull out w my niece and my nephew can use the other single sleeper. My sil and my neice are tiny and would be ok in a double

Do any of the suites at AOA offer the two single pull outs?

With the two bathrooms I think this could work but I would love feedback from folks who have stayed in the suites!!

eta - Where are the suites located at Music ?
Thanks!!

TJ

Last edited by tjmw2727; 05-05-2013 at 03:48 PM.
tjmw2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
Tink415
DIS Veteran

Yes you have the beds right. Its not practical to move any furniture from the living room to the bedroom in ASMu family suite. There really isn't room, the doorway is not wide enough and the smallest single, the ottoman, is very heavy. I did move the ottoman kind of to the kitchen area and that was ok. Suites are located in the 1st 2 sections at Music, Calypso and Jazz. No singles at AOA. Good luck!
Tink415 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
Reddy
Scrapbooker

you could ask about a roll away bed - explain who all is going to be in the room - it would cost extra - I think $15 or $20 per night
Old 05-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmw2727 View Post
We have stayed at almost all of the resorts including value but not yet in one of the suites. For our Thanksgiving trip it looks like my sister in law and her two kids may be joining us - funds are tight for them.

So - I can afford a family suite on my budget alone but I am trying to figure out the logistics. It will be me and my dd's who are 16 and 17, my sil and her ds 12 and dd 10.

It looks like the suite at the Music would be the best fit. Did I read right that there is a pull out couch and two single sleepers in addition to the queen in the master?

If I can put one of the single sleepers in the master, would it fit? This way I can share the queen with one dd and have the other on one of the single sleepers.

Then my sil can share the double pull out w my niece and my nephew can use the other single sleeper. My sil and my neice are tiny and would be ok in a double

Do any of the suites at AOA offer the two single pull outs?

With the two bathrooms I think this could work but I would love feedback from folks who have stayed in the suites!!

eta - Where are the suites located at Music ?
Thanks!!
2 standard rooms are cheaper than a family suite and each room would have 2 double beds. You could request connecting but it would not be guaranteed.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
tjmw2727
May just have to dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
2 standard rooms are cheaper than a family suite and each room would have 2 double beds. You could request connecting but it would not be guaranteed.
Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

We really would prefer to be together as we are both single parents and the kids get along really well. Plus we will have the kitchen amenities. We have done adjoining and connecting rooms in the past and I think it would be nice to share. This way the kids can chill with a movie while SIL and I could even go for a "beverage" one night !!

Can anyone confirm that we would get an airbed or a roll away for the master bedroom - cost isn't a problem especially since they will only join us for part of the trip.

This would be even better as the kids could each have their own bed and my sil have the double?

TJ
Old 05-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
archrd
Mouseketeer

You could most likely get an air bed shipped to the resort from somewhere like Walmart. I have inquired about roll away beds with resorts in the past and it seems that they don't have them anymore.
archrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #7
tjmw2727
May just have to dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archrd View Post
You could most likely get an air bed shipped to the resort from somewhere like Walmart. I have inquired about roll away beds with resorts in the past and it seems that they don't have them anymore.
Great idea - we have one that I could probably fit into a checked suitcase ! If I end up using SWA we will just bring an airbed We recently stayed at SSR in a two bedroom and were able to get an airbed when the same family joined my sister and I but I guess better safe than sorry right?

TJ

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: