Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #16
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer

That's freakin awesome! How did you come about this and how long have you been doing this. Also, I loved your post about the sea lion encounter! I used to work with them in Mississippi . Glad to hear they are well and happy

Jodi
Old 05-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #17
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1EvilQueenfan
That's freakin awesome! How did you come about this and how long have you been doing this. Also, I loved your post about the sea lion encounter! I used to work with them in Mississippi . Glad to hear they are well and happy

Jodi
Two of their sea lions came from Mississippi after Katrina. Friends of yours?

Ordered my tail the night I saw Pirates 4 for obvious reasons. (The mermaids are coming back, I know it. When she took him to the depths, we haven't seen the end that.)

The Jamaican cruise last year was the first beach it went to, before that I would wear it in our pool than on our friends boat at the lake. Its been to Montego Bay, chankanaab cozumel, Cannonball reef and blue lagoon in Nassau, castaway cay and orange beach Alabama.
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #18
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post

Two of their sea lions came from Mississippi after Katrina. Friends of yours?

Ordered my tail the night I saw Pirates 4 for obvious reasons. (The mermaids are coming back, I know it. When she took him to the depths, we haven't seen the end that.)

The Jamaican cruise last year was the first beach it went to, before that I would wear it in our pool than on our friends boat at the lake. Its been to Montego Bay, chankanaab cozumel, Cannonball reef and blue lagoon in Nassau, castaway cay and orange beach Alabama.
They sure are . I miss them too! We are getting married on the Dream sailing Jan 19-23 and when I read your post I researched it! I would love to see them again but the Nassau day is the day of the wedding so I don't think I'll have time

I think the mermaid is so cool! Have you seen the addition of them to the POTC ride at WDW?

I'll have to research them online!
Old 05-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #19
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1EvilQueenfan

They sure are . I miss them too! We are getting married on the Dream sailing Jan 19-23 and when I read your post I researched it! I would love to see them again but the Nassau day is the day of the wedding so I don't think I'll have time

I think the mermaid is so cool! Have you seen the addition of them to the POTC ride at WDW?

I'll have to research them online!
I don't blame u for missing them, they are such sweeties! Maybe u will get back to Nassau to say hello another time! Congrats on the wedding! They are getting ready to have twins you know. Can't remember which mama it is as several of them are pregnant.

Rode POTC in late Feb. Were their mermaids then on it?? If so, I either can't recall them or missed them! And we didn't have time to add it in our four park blitz on wed Apr 10th. Hmm now I'm a lil irritated . how could I have missed mermaids...
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
Old 05-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #20
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Rode POTC in late Feb. Were their mermaids then on it?? If so, I either can't recall them or missed them! And we didn't have time to add it in our four park blitz on wed Apr 10th. Hmm now I'm a lil irritated . how could I have missed mermaids...
Yes they were there in Feb I LOVE the new mermaid addition there

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Old 05-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #21
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97

Yes they were there in Feb I LOVE the new mermaid addition there

Where in the ride sequence were they? I think I am inventing another reason to go back by the sound of it..
Old 05-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #22
Silverfox97

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:

Where in the ride sequence were they? I think I am inventing another reason to go back by the sound of it..
At the beginning after you pass thru Blackbeards fog projection; they are in the water as you pass thru the 'beaches' with the skeletons. They also added a mermaid skeleton. After this sequence, you go into the darkness down the hill.....

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Old 05-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #23
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97

At the beginning after you pass thru Blackbeards fog projection; they are in the water as you pass thru the 'beaches' with the skeletons. They also added a mermaid skeleton. After this sequence, you go into the darkness down the hill.....

Is this right after the boat drop at the cannon fire sequence near the beginning?
Old 05-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #24
Silverfox97

Quote:

Is this right after the boat drop at the cannon fire sequence near the beginning?
No. Before that. Right after you board the boat and go thru the Blackbeard hologram/fog.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #25
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Scanned in some more

Finally got some more from our Feb/Mar Nassau mermaiding. These are some of my faves. (Especially the sunny one that is 'flattering' ha!)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...95237943_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...01433850_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...38303817_n.jpg

All from sail and snorkel in Nassau. Fun times!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: