Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #736
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Guys. I thought I'd do my due diligence and pass this along. As 411 has mentioned before, they haven't done this in the past and I've not know them to do this lately either. But I thought I'd share a quote from one source that was sent to me privately. Take it for what it's worth and a grain of salt as always.

I hope we don't have to wait a few more days....it's just killing everyone.

"Joe, I've been told that lately deals have opened outside the US first, then to Disney Visa, and then to the US general public. So if it works this way, and May 9 is indeed the "rest of world" date, then the visa deal may be at the end of next week, and the general public deal May 13 or so."


Oh and Disney411, your message box is full.
sooooooo...... with this information, what are people going to do now??? still call at 7 a.m. - 6 a.m. my time?

and, I'm still going back and forth between staying at the All Star Sports which I already have had booked since January and just try to add the free dining, or try to switch to the Little Mermaid at the AOA, if that is offered. We have two rooms, not connecting rooms. But the walk from the room at the sports to the food area, and the walk from the LM rooms to the food area is much longer.... and after walking at the theme parks all day... it looks like a much longer walk. Oh the decisions......

By the way, I'm loving having this site/thread to share thoughts and get ideas from with other Disney loving people.
DebbiePMN is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #737
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbiePMN View Post

sooooooo...... with this information, what are people going to do now??? still call at 7 a.m. - 6 a.m. my time?

and, I'm still going back and forth between staying at the All Star Sports which I already have had booked since January and just try to add the free dining, or try to switch to the Little Mermaid at the AOA, if that is offered. We have two rooms, not connecting rooms. But the walk from the room at the sports to the food area, and the walk from the LM rooms to the food area is much longer.... and after walking at the theme parks all day... it looks like a much longer walk. Oh the decisions......

By the way, I'm loving having this site/thread to share thoughts and get ideas from with other Disney loving people.
Well if you remember back when I first posted the dates in the other thread, I mentioned South America and at least left open the possibility of the dates being either the same or off by a week. If however the public date would be the 13th then that would make the visa date the 9th. Stranger things have happened and again as a few of us posted from the beginning, if this took place it would be the first time they've ever done an offer to to South America that didn't include the US on the same dates.
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #738
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf
 
plutospalforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Country
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbiePMN View Post
sooooooo...... with this information, what are people going to do now??? still call at 7 a.m. - 6 a.m. my time?

and, I'm still going back and forth between staying at the All Star Sports which I already have had booked since January and just try to add the free dining, or try to switch to the Little Mermaid at the AOA, if that is offered. We have two rooms, not connecting rooms. But the walk from the room at the sports to the food area, and the walk from the LM rooms to the food area is much longer.... and after walking at the theme parks all day... it looks like a much longer walk. Oh the decisions......

By the way, I'm loving having this site/thread to share thoughts and get ideas from with other Disney loving people.
Hi! We have stayed at All-Star Sports several times and it is my favorite of the AS's. If this is important to you, it always seems less crowded there and the seating area at the food court is much larger and more comfortable-more booth seating. Good luck! I know the agony of those decisions.
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(10) DD(5) DS(2) DPuppy

plutospalforever is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #739
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Hi! We have stayed at All-Star Sports several times and it is my favorite of the AS's. If this is important to you, it always seems less crowded there and the seating area at the food court is much larger and more comfortable-more booth seating. Good luck! I know the agony of those decisions.
Thanks. We've stayed at all three All-Star hotels. And yes, we really like them too. But the new AOA and the themes look soooo fun! Thanks for your support!!
DebbiePMN is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #740
Meghoya
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 15

Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Well if you remember back when I first posted the dates in the other thread, I mentioned South America and at least left open the possibility of the dates being either the same or off by a week. If however the public date would be the 13th then that would make the visa date the 9th. Stranger things have happened and again as a few of us posted from the beginning, if this took place it would be the first time they've ever done an offer to to South America that didn't include the US on the same dates.

Thanks for keeping us informed. At least I won't panic if I call tomorrow and they say no, but I'm really not looking forward to a week of stress and being on hold hoping it's the right day to call. I really hope 411 was right and the DV dates get leaked the night before, so tonight!

Everyone please keep us posted here if you call in the morning! I plan to try (unless more info comes out saying not to bother).
Meghoya is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #741
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghoya View Post

Thanks for keeping us informed. At least I won't panic if I call tomorrow and they say no, but I'm really not looking forward to a week of stress and being on hold hoping it's the right day to call. I really hope 411 was right and the DV dates get leaked the night before, so tonight!

Everyone please keep us posted here if you call in the morning! I plan to try (unless more info comes out saying not to bother).
Well I'd be cutting everyone short if I didn't at least keep that possibility open. May 9 could've been the visa offer all along. Again not likely but if it happened it would prove my point that nobody should ever say 100% and even the best sources can be off by a few days.
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #742
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf
 
plutospalforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Country
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbiePMN View Post
Thanks. We've stayed at all three All-Star hotels. And yes, we really like them too. But the new AOA and the themes look soooo fun! Thanks for your support!!
I know. I am guilty. We are staying at AoA FN. I surrendered to the cuteness!!
But I would not change my room until FD comes out and then when you call, see if LM room is available for FD.
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(10) DD(5) DS(2) DPuppy

plutospalforever is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #743
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
I know. I am guilty. We are staying at AoA FN. I surrendered to the cuteness!!
But I would not change my room until FD comes out and then when you call, see if LM room is available for FD.
Thanks for the note. Oh for sure!! I won't change until the FD comes out... And I will be fine if LM isn't available and we stay at All Star Sports!! Enjoy!!
DebbiePMN is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #744
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post

Totally agree with you both, but I must admit I fell for the cuteness; but only this once! I debated back and forth for weeks between two connecting rooms at Pop or AoA suites. I am a coupon cutting-budget planning mom and I really struggled with paying all that extra for the cute factor. In the end I went with my heart ONLY because we had extra funds in the Disney budget...have not been in 2 years! (I know it is killing me!). But I am thinking that once the newness of AoA wears off, it won't be as popular. I know the next time we go, we will be getting to connecting rooms at a Value! Really, my kids don't care where we stay as long as we are seeing the Mouse; I guess it was more mom.
If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy ;-)
TheDisney411 is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #745
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post

If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy ;-)
So true!!
Kat016 is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #746
2lovebugs
Earning My Ears
 
2lovebugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 65

New at this!

I am so excited about our first Disney World trip! I am very new to all of this and just wanted to make sure that I understand what I am doing.... We have reservations for 4 at the AOA in the LM room for Sept. 12th to 18th with the QS dining plan. I have already paid in full for everything. On May 9th should I call Disney for the free dining offer? Also, is the AOA included this year in the FD b/c I thought I read that it was. If not that is okay we are just excited about going! Thank you!
__________________



Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Me AJT(akaDaddy) LJ6 CG4
2lovebugs is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #747
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Guys. I thought I'd do my due diligence and pass this along. As 411 has mentioned before, they haven't done this in the past and I've not know them to do this lately either. But I thought I'd share a quote from one source that was sent to me privately. Take it for what it's worth and a grain of salt as always.

I hope we don't have to wait a few more days....it's just killing everyone.

"Joe, I've been told that lately deals have opened outside the US first, then to Disney Visa, and then to the US general public. So if it works this way, and May 9 is indeed the "rest of world" date, then the visa deal may be at the end of next week, and the general public deal May 13 or so."

Oh and Disney411, your message box is full.
Well, anything is possible with Disney discounts, but I mentioned a few times early on in the "other" thread that the DV FD date could be May 9 and the GP offer would be a few days after that, but our other "source" around here insisted that was the GP DV date. I still haven't heard anything about any special South American offers - they can simply book their FD reservations through the US site. At this point I'm still thinking the DV FD offer will be tomorrow and GP FD offer will be May 9, but worst case scenario would be DV FD offer May 9 and GP DV offer May 12. And, just as a side note, in 2010, there was a Free Dining offer that went straight out for the general public and had no Disney Visa offer - there's a very slim chance of that happening again, but it did happen that one time.
TheDisney411 is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #748
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

Oh and Disney411, your message box is full.
I know! I can't get the messages to delete. I deleted a bunch of old messages last night and this morning they are still there (?). And on my phone it won't even give me the option of deleting the old messages. Will try again later :-)
TheDisney411 is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #749
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas
 
babydoll65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,276

My mom was thinking of getting the disney visa but when she checked into it she said that there was an annual fee of fifty dollars. But I was sure there was no annual free when I got mine. Also we have already booked our trip so I want to make sure that if they do offer fd in November I could just put 200 dollars on my visa not necessarily the actual deposit in order to take addvantage of the early fd offer for the visa holders?
__________________

77,79,88 OS89,92 FW96 ASM05 OS07,09,11 POP13 POFQ/POR2015 POP
DAD(50), MOM(49) ,SON(17)
babydoll65 is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #750
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lovebugs View Post
I am so excited about our first Disney World trip! I am very new to all of this and just wanted to make sure that I understand what I am doing.... We have reservations for 4 at the AOA in the LM room for Sept. 12th to 18th with the QS dining plan. I have already paid in full for everything. On May 9th should I call Disney for the free dining offer? Also, is the AOA included this year in the FD b/c I thought I read that it was. If not that is okay we are just excited about going! Thank you!
You will need to call Disney reservations and have them apply the FD discount to your existing reservation, they will NOT credit your account automatically. Since you have paid on full, they will give you a credit on your credit card, but it can take up to 2 billing cycles, or 2 months to receive the refund.

Since the Little Mermaid rooms opened last year, they have been blacked out of virtually all discounts. It has been shared on this board that they MAY include some of those LM rooms on the upcoming FD promo. I'm still skeptical of that info, but if they are included they would have to be VERY limited. Having an existing reservation for a specific room or resort will not guarantee you a FD discount on that room, as each resort will only be allotted so many FD rooms per promo. It's always best to have a back up resort or room category when applying a FD discount to an existing reservation or booking a new FD reservation. Even if you change resort or room categories or even dates, they will not cancel your reservation and you do not have to rebook and your reservation number stays the same.
TheDisney411 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: