Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #16
ariellover84
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for this thread! Originally I was hoping to get a magic band for my trip this month but that's not gonna happen, lol. I am getting a FL resident weekday select annual pass and going back in December for a few days. Hope everything is up and running then so I can try it all out.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #17
DVCBELLE
Princess at Heart

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

The more I hear about FP+ the less I want to use it...3 fastpasses a day is laughable!

We are DVC members and I plan our vacations carefully but the thought of planning 60 days out what time we will want to ride a certain ride is not my idea of fun. Who knows what will actually be going on at that time when we get there. I have a 1, 9 and 11 year old and I have no idea how the 1 year old will react to things. Part of vacation is being able to go with the flow and not be stuck on a timetable that is just stressing everyone out. It seems to me we might end up waiting in lines rather than enjoying the parks...I see my yearly vacations being spent elsewhere in the future if all these rumors are true.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 01:32 AM   #18
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

Thanks for this...it should prove very useful as we sort through the developments in the testing phase.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #19
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for all the gracious comments; just hoping that this can help cut down on the number of "what FP+?" threads.
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
Old 05-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #20
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
Thanks everyone for all the gracious comments; just hoping that this can help cut down on the number of "what FP+?" threads.
I wouldn't bet on it. Having a ticket sticky doesn't seem to have cut down on the number of "can I buy extra days instead of buying a park hopper?" threads.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #21
buckysinnTheHouse
Earning My Ears

When I Made this post about the FP+ this comes right from a mouth that's really working on them. Now is everything going to work out the way they are saying now who knows.. they want you to use there app to plan your day he is saying there will be FP+ available every day and those people who don't come and use there FP those will go back into inventory for use by other people. As far as the machines they will be gone not right away but they will go away.. Myself being a DVC member do not like all this planning but until this starts I will wait and see how it goes.. Getting all upset now really just gives you a ulcer...One last thing the latest roll out is now late July early Aug..If I find out more I will Post here ..And thanks Andy for this Thread....
Old 05-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #22
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckysinnTheHouse View Post
When I Made this post about the FP+ this comes right from a mouth that's really working on them. Now is everything going to work out the way they are saying now who knows.. they want you to use there app to plan your day he is saying there will be FP+ available every day and those people who don't come and use there FP those will go back into inventory for use by other people. As far as the machines they will be gone not right away but they will go away.. Myself being a DVC member do not like all this planning but until this starts I will wait and see how it goes.. Getting all upset now really just gives you a ulcer...One last thing the latest roll out is now late July early Aug..If I find out more I will Post here ..And thanks Andy for this Thread....
The app does NOT work even close to how they intend! People in the parks now and very recently deem it useless!

I am hoping and praying late July early Aug turns into anything but as I am feeling an ulcer brewing......
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 05-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #23
csmommy
DIS Veteran
Believes that every time you hear or see the word Disney a Tag Fairy gets their wings

Quote:
Oh great, that is when we will be there - 7/28-8/6. As a DVC member I am not excited for this at all, I find it stressful!

2013 ~ 7/28-8/6 split BCV & VWL
2012 ~ 5/24 - 5/28 BWV DS 17th
2011 ~ 8/9-8/17 AKVJH & BLT
2010 ~ 8/7-14 WWOPP
2009 ~ 8/13-22 split AKVK & BCV
2007 ~ split OKW & BW
2005 ~ split AKLJH & Swan
2000 ~ POFQ
1992 ~ POFQ ~ no kids yet
1990 ~ off site
Old 05-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #24
Rosanne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am hoping they will not start it at all. However, if they must do the FP+ I hope they won't start until after August 16th so my trip with my sisters and my family won't be affected. I had considered a June trip instead to try to go before FP+ is rolled out (I even have a room booked) but my sisters wouldn't be able to go then. Having to pre-plan what rides we would want in advance will be next to impossible as we are all coming in on slightly different days and we would have to know which child would ride which ride with which auntie, etc...
Old 05-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #25
bcrook
DIS Veteran

If Disney did start to roll this out in late July - it would take months before it trickled down to all customers.

Initially there will be a time when both FP systems would be working at the same time without much difference from the current model. Most people wouldn't even notice the difference.

One wrinkle that could cause some concern for people right away on the slow roll out - would be the new [FP+ only] opportunities.

So let's say that I am relieved that I don't have to mess with FP+, and I can tour like I am accustomed to doing. The rub is going to come with those with FP+ getting in ahead of me on things like Enchanted Tales with Belle, Jedi Academy, Possibly Fantasmic (if they move away from paper tickets in the current test to only FP+), QS lunches, or even Pirates of the Caribbean (I don't know maybe that would be an issue).

The bigger issue would be when the number of people on FP+ increases past an even balance and they start grabbing the headliner rides days in advance, and the regular FP only has limited options. I would think that would be several months after the roll out.

This is all based on the assumption that the apps will work. Which right now, the entire software package drives me crazy (my disney experience, DVC home page, and the ipad all have different information for my upcoming trip).

Even though the FP+ option will be a beautiful thing for some people, it will cause some irritation for people who are looking forward to their trips, have spent lots of money, and will run into new problems not expected.

I think it is best to be prepared for all possibilities.

But nothing really matters until those magicbands are released and that website is working.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
Old 05-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #26
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
If Disney did start to roll this out in late July - it would take months before it trickled down to all customers.

Initially there will be a time when both FP systems would be working at the same time without much difference from the current model. Most people wouldn't even notice the difference.

One wrinkle that could cause some concern for people right away on the slow roll out - would be the new [FP+ only] opportunities.

So let's say that I am relieved that I don't have to mess with FP+, and I can tour like I am accustomed to doing. The rub is going to come with those with FP+ getting in ahead of me on things like Enchanted Tales with Belle, Jedi Academy, Possibly Fantasmic (if they move away from paper tickets in the current test to only FP+), QS lunches, or even Pirates of the Caribbean (I don't know maybe that would be an issue).

The bigger issue would be when the number of people on FP+ increases past an even balance and they start grabbing the headliner rides days in advance, and the regular FP only has limited options. I would think that would be several months after the roll out.

This is all based on the assumption that the apps will work. Which right now, the entire software package drives me crazy (my disney experience, DVC home page, and the ipad all have different information for my upcoming trip).

Even though the FP+ option will be a beautiful thing for some people, it will cause some irritation for people who are looking forward to their trips, have spent lots of money, and will run into new problems not expected.

I think it is best to be prepared for all possibilities.

But nothing really matters until those magicbands are released and that website
is working.
Exactly.

I remember The ToA stated that anyone with a Package will be FP+ exclusive but now I can't find that verbiage to save my soul.

Also, FP+ "button" is nowhere to be found on my iPhone/iPad app, not even under the hidden areas....
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 05-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #27
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

Great job, I havn't been on much lately and this is the perfect summary.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #28
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Thanks Andy!!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 05-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #29
disbound09
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Thanks for Updates. I feel up to speed as much as one can be. Don't think I will like this but really don't have any choice. We usually hit 6+ per day and sometimes in different parks. Looks like a soon to be fond memory of "remember when" at Disney for us. We visit in June so our last trip with FP runner.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #30
agavegirl1
DIS Veteran

Thank You! Thank You! This is a very informative and concise post. The links were especially helpful. A lot of wait and see for me for 2014 but it makes questions like "is (insert attraction) worth it or should I skip" a little easier to answer.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: