Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #586
DisneyParent
2013 Disney College Program Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerMouse View Post
My dashboard says "No Longer in Consideration" but I didn't get an email and the last notification notice on my dashboard is that I'm still pending........
My Daughter got her Arrival date as May 20th and the email to complete the preboard documents which are all done.

Now the Dashboard has a link in the communications titled WDWCP Food Service QSR H/H which says: The job posting you are looking for has expired or the position has already been filled. If you are interested in one of our other opportunities, please visit our career site.

Is this normal after you are locked in or should she call and checkup on this?
DisneyParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #587
AliSW
\

So I heard some people are being switched to arrive Sept 9. If I asked them to switch from my date to that would I be able to?
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #588
Lyanne and Stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyParent View Post

My Daughter got her Arrival date as May 20th and the email to complete the preboard documents which are all done.

Now the Dashboard has a link in the communications titled WDWCP Food Service QSR H/H which says: The job posting you are looking for has expired or the position has already been filled. If you are interested in one of our other opportunities, please visit our career site.

That's normal.
I believe that means they've already placed her somewhere.

Lyanne and Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #589
SierraRose
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliSW View Post
So I heard some people are being switched to arrive Sept 9. If I asked them to switch from my date to that would I be able to?
One of my roommates got her date changed

I know if Disney goes and changes my date I'd get right on the phone and complain. My family's vacation is scheduled around my arrival date!(spend 5 days in Florida with family and last day is my check in day) and we already got our hotels booked! Plane tickets are also non refundable!!
SierraRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #590
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Congratulations to all of those that accepted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerMouse View Post
My dashboard says "No Longer in Consideration" but I didn't get an email and the last notification notice on my dashboard is that I'm still pending........
There's the error with the system that it doesn't send an email out, especially with the close of applications. Don't give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyParent View Post

The reason why the posting has "expired" as you are seeing is because applications for the College Program close, and the posting is removed from the database. So in the meantime the dashboard system is requesting the position listings that have been applied for, and it's essentially being rejected.

All in all, nothing to worry about as she's still in the same status. It's perfectly normal as applications closed.

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #591
DisneyParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe View Post

The reason why the posting has "expired" as you are seeing is because applications for the College Program close, and the posting is removed from the database. So in the meantime the dashboard system is requesting the position listings that have been applied for, and it's essentially being rejected.

All in all, nothing to worry about as she's still in the same status. It's perfectly normal as applications closed.

Have a Magical Day!
Thanks for the reassurance - with reservations booked at Disney and a nonrefundable Airline ticket for Mom meeting us there we were a little concerned.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #592
DisneyParent

Daughter got the DORMS access email and completed all of that. Have the Housing Boarding Pass and the other 3 support documents all printed for check-in.

Is there any more steps after this before we show up on the 20th so we know what to expect next?
Old 05-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #593
corpcomp
The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D

Sorry to ask a stupid question but does anyone do internships in the Imagineering or computer science departments at WDW? Or are they all more parks (merchandise, custodial) oriented? DS is going to Georgia Tech next year and has been to WDW at least 20 times. He has talked to many interns about the program but only those meeting the guests. He did meet a great girl from Cornell flipping burgers at Beaches and Cream who was very helpful and actually really enjoyed working there.

1980-2000 - too many to count
March 01 Poly, March 02, 03 Coronado Springs
March 04 Caribbean Beaches, March 05, 06 Coronado Springs
July 06, April 07, April 08 BCV, June 08 BWV & Yacht Club, Feb 09 BWV, Halloween 09 SSR & BWV, April 10, July 10 BCV & VWL, Aug 11 BWV, Aug 12 BCV, April 13 BCV, NYE 13 BLT & BCV
corpcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #594
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpcomp View Post
Sorry to ask a stupid question but does anyone do internships in the Imagineering or computer science departments at WDW? Or are they all more parks (merchandise, custodial) oriented? DS is going to Georgia Tech next year and has been to WDW at least 20 times. He has talked to many interns about the program but only those meeting the guests. He did meet a great girl from Cornell flipping burgers at Beaches and Cream who was very helpful and actually really enjoyed working there.
At the freshman/sophomore level, you're mostly limited to the College program which is the merch/custodial/attractions roles that you mentioned. However, at the junior/senior/graduate levels the Professional Internships start to become available to him like IT positions, engineering positions, finance, marketing, managerial etc... Most of the professional internships require the student to be at least junior level before applying.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #595
corpcomp
The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg229 View Post
At the freshman/sophomore level, you're mostly limited to the College program which is the merch/custodial/attractions roles that you mentioned. However, at the junior/senior/graduate levels the Professional Internships start to become available to him like IT positions, engineering positions, finance, marketing, managerial etc... Most of the professional internships require the student to be at least junior level before applying.
Great! Thank you for the information. Makes sense. And what is the WBI everyone seems to mention? Some type of phone interview?

1980-2000 - too many to count
March 01 Poly, March 02, 03 Coronado Springs
March 04 Caribbean Beaches, March 05, 06 Coronado Springs
July 06, April 07, April 08 BCV, June 08 BWV & Yacht Club, Feb 09 BWV, Halloween 09 SSR & BWV, April 10, July 10 BCV & VWL, Aug 11 BWV, Aug 12 BCV, April 13 BCV, NYE 13 BLT & BCV

Last edited by corpcomp; 05-09-2013 at 05:04 PM.
corpcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #596
touchthesky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpcomp View Post
Great! Thank you for the information. Makes sense. And what is the WBI everyone seems to mention? Some type of phone interview?
Its short for Web Based Interview. Its actually the screening interview that needs to be completed prior to the phone interview. I don't actually remember much of what was asked, so if anyone else wants to fill in there, feel free.

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind
touchthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #597
wdwfanboy32
Earning My Ears

One of my friends is saying he got a form in his email about consenting to a drug test and he has to hand it in when he checks in on Monday. Anyone know what kind of test it is? Like, is it a pee test or a hair test or a blood test?
wdwfanboy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #598
littlelionsam
Earning My Ears

i have a question - should i be receiving e-mails from disney? i was accepted all the way back in february & i'm getting a little concerned that i haven't gotten anything besides my acceptance & confirmation of accepting the offer
littlelionsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #599
PirateSnowmen
Bazinga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelionsam View Post
i have a question - should i be receiving e-mails from disney? i was accepted all the way back in february & i'm getting a little concerned that i haven't gotten anything besides my acceptance & confirmation of accepting the offer
I'm pretty sure that's normal. I was accepted at the beginning of March and I've only gotten the same emails as you. I believe you start to get more emails as you get closer to your arrival date.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #600
Shelly
Doesn't know that anyone can be tagged, you just have to be in the right place at the right time......wherever that is!

Ok. I need the personnel number and the pernr number and leader name.
Where do i find this info.
I have what I believe is the pernr # but not the rest.
My daughter is at wdw started last week but they need her doctors medical accomodation forms turned in and she has no idea what her personnel number is or her leader name. She has only trained 2 days, and now is off for 2 days.
Any suggestions?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: