Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #16
sndral
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
What is the closest resort to Animal Kingdom Jambo that sleeps 5? We are traveling in a party of 2 groups. One is staying DVC AK Jambo. The other is a party of 3 adults, that each want their own beds, but would like to share a room. Doesn't matter what type of beds.
Thanks for any help.

Dee
Quote:
Thanks. I was hoping to stay with a studio, due to the additional point value.

Thanks. Yeah, the AKL no availability for our 3 nights in August. One of my adult sons just decided to join us. So, the other 2 were hoping they could just get a room big enough for all 3 of them.
Do I have this right - 4 of you are staying @ AKL in a studio and your 3 adult sons are joining you and you want to get them a nearby room and they don't want to share a bed.
Why not just get a standard room @ AKL for them and have one of them bring an air mattress since they are under the 4 person room limit - they'll fit and they can take turns w/ who sleeps on the air mattress.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #17
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
2 rooms in a value or POR - it has 2 queen beds and murphy bed.
I am going to have them look into POR. They have a room booked now at POFQ. Not sure why they chose that over POR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelyn View Post
Guess the standard size value rooms are not large enough for a rollaway? Another option I haven't seen mentioned is the Dolphin. We have a family of 5 and they do allow a rollaway in their double rooms that also have 2 double beds. When I was pricing the discounted (AAA rate) with a POR room that sleeps 5 (rack rate) I believe the Dolphin came out cheaper. This is even with their resort fee. But the Dolphin does not have Magical Express or the Dining plan.
They will need Magical Express. They are arriving several hours before us. The dining plan isn't really an issue, unless they come out with free dining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Do I have this right - 4 of you are staying @ AKL in a studio and your 3 adult sons are joining you and you want to get them a nearby room and they don't want to share a bed.
Why not just get a standard room @ AKL for them and have one of them bring an air mattress since they are under the 4 person room limit - they'll fit and they can take turns w/ who sleeps on the air mattress.
Yes, you have it.. (one is DDBF, but all the same. ). AKL has no availibility for our dates. They have a room at POFQ right now, I think I might do just what you say. I am not sure how well the air mattress will travel, so we may just buy one at the Walmart there.

Thanks everyone!

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #18
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am going to have them look into POR. They have a room booked now at POFQ. Not sure why they chose that over POR.

They will need Magical Express. They are arriving several hours before us. The dining plan isn't really an issue, unless they come out with free dining.

Yes, you have it.. (one is DDBF, but all the same. ). AKL has no availibility for our dates. They have a room at POFQ right now, I think I might do just what you say. I am not sure how well the air mattress will travel, so we may just buy one at the Walmart there.

Thanks everyone!
The Murphy bed at POR is small - I don't know the exact measurements, but I believe it is about 5' long and about the width of a crib mattress. There is no way an adult male could sleep on it.

Also, if they're going to do a moderate, have you checked for availability at Coronado? It is so much closer to AKL than POFQ and has theming that would be much more appealing to young men.

SmallWorld71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:34 AM   #19
Deesknee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallWorld71 View Post
The Murphy bed at POR is small - I don't know the exact measurements, but I believe it is about 5' long and about the width of a crib mattress. There is no way an adult male could sleep on it.

Also, if they're going to do a moderate, have you checked for availability at Coronado? It is so much closer to AKL than POFQ and has theming that would be much more appealing to young men.
Thank you for the suggestion of Coronado Springs. I didn't realize it was that much closer to AKL. I finally found a somewhat useful map on line & realized how close CS is to AKL. I had every intention of booking a Jr. Suite At CS when I called.

On my PTR I mentioned I was looking for a room with 3 beds. One of the woman responded with a photo of the bed at POR. YIKES! It does seriously look not much bigger if at all than a crib mattress. I am thankful I didn't book that room. My son is not tall, but he would be too tall for that "bed".

Thanks again.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #20
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I should probably google for a map of the area, but I am SO bad with maps.

Can anyone tell me which is closer, POFQ or AoA to AKV Jambo?
AoA is slightly closer (about 4.5 miles versus 6.5 miles).. In terms of mileage, All Stars and then Coronado Springs are the closest to AKL.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #21
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion of Coronado Springs. I didn't realize it was that much closer to AKL. I finally found a somewhat useful map on line & realized how close CS is to AKL. I had every intention of booking a Jr. Suite At CS when I called.

On my PTR I mentioned I was looking for a room with 3 beds. One of the woman responded with a photo of the bed at POR. YIKES! It does seriously look not much bigger if at all than a crib mattress. I am thankful I didn't book that room. My son is not tall, but he would be too tall for that "bed".

Thanks again.
The Junior Suites are pretty pricey. What about two rooms at one of the All Stars?

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #22
Deesknee

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
AoA is slightly closer (about 4.5 miles versus 6.5 miles).. In terms of mileage, All Stars and then Coronado Springs are the closest to AKL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post
The Junior Suites are pretty pricey. What about two rooms at one of the All Stars?

Thank you both. I ended up booking them at Coronado Springs with a rollaway.
That seems to work out best for what they were looking for.

Thanks again to everyone for all the help!

Old 05-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #23
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you both. I ended up booking them at Coronado Springs with a rollaway.
That seems to work out best for what they were looking for.

Thanks again to everyone for all the help!
Enjoy your trip!

SmallWorld71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #24
Deesknee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallWorld71 View Post
Enjoy your trip!

Thank you! I'm sure we will.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #25
greengeen
Mouseketeer

Rollaways are not guaranteed. Better to bring an airbed.
greengeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #26
Deesknee

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeen View Post
Rollaways are not guaranteed. Better to bring an airbed.
If we don't get a rollaway, we figure we can drive down to Walmart & pick up a cheap airbed. Hate to pack one if we don't need it.

Thanks for the tip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: