Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #3451
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Good news (hopefully) for us bus riders. Sounds like they are hearing the feedback about all AK buses going through BB!

Link:
New bus route to Blizzard Beach testing later this month
That is good news about the bus route change. I always thought is was completely insane to have the AK bus stop at Blizzard Beach at 8:30am when absolutely no one on the bus wanted to go to BB at that hour.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 05-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #3452
RWathen
MomandDDluvMickey

Quote:
Good news (hopefully) for us bus riders. Sounds like they are hearing the feedback about all AK buses going through BB!

Link:
I like this, except when I'm going to Blizzard Beach!!! Are there just not enough people to have a BB dedicated bus from the resorts?

On another note, can someone tell me the benefits of staying CL other than the lounge? While the idea of free snacks/food is nice, there's no way my daughter and I could eat $700 worth of food in the lounge over 6 days. That would be the price difference to go CL. The rooms are the same and it's pretty easy to arrange dining etc. on-line, so I was wondering what draws so many people to Concierge Level. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #3453
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWathen View Post

I like this, except when I'm going to Blizzard Beach!!! Are there just not enough people to have a BB dedicated bus from the resorts?

On another note, can someone tell me the benefits of staying CL other than the lounge? While the idea of free snacks/food is nice, there's no way my daughter and I could eat $700 worth of food in the lounge over 6 days. That would be the price difference to go CL. The rooms are the same and it's pretty easy to arrange dining etc. on-line, so I was wondering what draws so many people to Concierge Level. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!
I haven't stayed CL yet, but have been non-CL. We leave in 6 days. I'll be interested to compare. So far, I can say that I LOVE being able to contact IPO for things/questions. We want certain ADR's that didn't seem to have availability elsewhere? IPO found us a reservation. We wanted the Dessert Party ADR on Mothers Day for Wishes but the reservations weren't open yet? When they became open IPO contacted us and gave DH time options (and he didn't get right back to them but the times available were the same). Albatross Cruise? IPO arranged it. Golf? IPO. ADR's reconfirmed two weeks before? IPO. I've never felt better. Now if there is a problem I can stroll to the desk and talk to someone who isn't dealing with 500 other guests. (And over the years there has been a few times we've had to deal with a WDW front desk!) I'm looking forward to this! We aren't demanding, and very respectful, so I think it'll be a great experience. That's why we are staying CL.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #3454
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWathen View Post

Thanks!
For us at least, it averaged $100 a day, and for 5 people, that's $20 a person per day. Between spending money on breakfast, spending money in the parks on food, drinks (alcohol drinks too), we figured that its not exactly breaking even, but it's far more convenient than waiting in lines in the marketplace or boardwalk bakery in the am, CS in the afternoon, etc. IPO also made our ADRs, assisting with making our trip easier. So for our family, it's worth spending extra, but you have to decide if it'll be something you want to invest in.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #3455
RWathen
MomandDDluvMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
I haven't stayed CL yet, but have been non-CL. We leave in 6 days. I'll be interested to compare. So far, I can say that I LOVE being able to contact IPO for things/questions. We want certain ADR's that didn't seem to have availability elsewhere? IPO found us a reservation. We wanted the Dessert Party ADR on Mothers Day for Wishes but the reservations weren't open yet? When they became open IPO contacted us and gave DH time options (and he didn't get right back to them but the times available were the same). Albatross Cruise? IPO arranged it. Golf? IPO. ADR's reconfirmed two weeks before? IPO. I've never felt better. Now if there is a problem I can stroll to the desk and talk to someone who isn't dealing with 500 other guests. (And over the years there has been a few times we've had to deal with a WDW front desk!) I'm looking forward to this! We aren't demanding, and very respectful, so I think it'll be a great experience. That's why we are staying CL.
Thank you for your response! That does seem like a nice perk.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #3456
RWathen
MomandDDluvMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydee6 View Post
For us at least, it averaged $100 a day, and for 5 people, that's $20 a person per day. Between spending money on breakfast, spending money in the parks on food, drinks (alcohol drinks too), we figured that its not exactly breaking even, but it's far more convenient than waiting in lines in the marketplace or boardwalk bakery in the am, CS in the afternoon, etc. IPO also made our ADRs, assisting with making our trip easier. So for our family, it's worth spending extra, but you have to decide if it'll be something you want to invest in.
Thank you. I can definitely see how it would beneficial for a larger family. With just the two of us, it doesn't make as much sense. Especially since I can't drink alcohol and my daughter is not a huge eater/snacker. I would love to get a free upgrade, but I don't think I can justify the expense for just the two of us.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #3457
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

We 'might' be staying here in September, have had to change our ressie 7 times!! We finally all agreed we'd spend the xtra for a deluxe but ALWAYS the Contemporary Garden View/STandard has been the cheapest of all Deluxe for five people...when checking tonight I realized Beach club Garden View was actually cheaper than CR by $120...every bit helps..we have never stayed here so that is kind of exciting...just a question on the day bed, is it as long as the one at CR? My son is 6'3 and will be sleeping on it, on the cruise ships he did just fine on their day beds...thanks! Now, I need to go through and see what I need to learn about BC!

Old 05-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #3458
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

We 'might' be staying here in September, have had to change our ressie 7 times!! We finally all agreed we'd spend the xtra for a deluxe but ALWAYS the Contemporary Garden View/STandard has been the cheapest of all Deluxe for five people...when checking tonight I realized Beach club Garden View was actually cheaper than CR by $120...every bit helps..we have never stayed here so that is kind of exciting...just a question on the day bed, is it as long as the one at CR? My son is 6'3 and will be sleeping on it, on the cruise ships he did just fine on their day beds...thanks! Now, I need to go through and see what I need to learn about BC!

Old 05-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #3459
2010_Bride
DIS Veteran

DH and I will be staying at the BC for the first time in October

We have a garden view room and will request a King bed. Anything else we should request? It's only DH and I so the distance to walk to things doesn't really matter. I've read here to request Epcot view for the fireworks, but are there gardenview rooms/king bed that face this direction?

Old 05-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #3460
disney777
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Link:
I agree with what someone said, good news if you're NOT going to BB. I'm not looking forward to being all grungy from the BB and waiting with a bunch of people to go to AK, so I can then get in line to wait for another bus and backtrack to my resort. But, oh well. They are doing the test and I'm sure they will find out if it works out or not. Just glad it's not being tested when I'm there. I'm waiting to see how this works out.
9/1990 offsite, 10/1999 ASMu, 10/2001 ASMo. 9/2003 ASMo, 9/2004 Pop, 1/2005 Pop/AKL, 9/2005 Pop, 1/2006 Pop/ POFQ, 9/2006 POFQ 10/2006 CSR, 1/2007 Pop,9/2007 WL/BWV, 1/2008 POFQ, 8/2008 POP/CR, 1/2009 POFQ, 9/2009 Saratoga Springs, 1/2010 POFQ, 8/2010 POP/BCV, 1/2011 POR/POFQ, 8/2011 POP/BCV, 1/2012 POFQ, 8/2012 AKL/AKL CL, 1/2013 POFQ, 8/2013 YC, 1/2014 POP/POFQ, 8/2014 GF
Old 05-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #3461
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_Bride View Post
DH and I will be staying at the BC for the first time in October

We have a garden view room and will request a King bed. Anything else we should request? It's only DH and I so the distance to walk to things doesn't really matter. I've read here to request Epcot view for the fireworks, but are there gardenview rooms/king bed that face this direction?
Just an FYI, there are VERY FEW king bed garden view rooms at the BC. Just want you to know that so you are not disappointed if you don't get one. October the Y&B is usually full due to the F&W Festival so the chance of a king bed GV being vacated on the day you check-in is slim. Since it is your only request, you should get it if one is being checked out of on your check-in day and since it is just you and your DH. But if one isn't available, you'll probably get two queens.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #3462
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
@ MickeyT-

I'll be watching to see how quickly Jiminy moves towards Mickey to give him a hug on your DL ticker!!!

Just in case you haven't noticed, Hedwig is halfway to Hogwarts and I am just about a couple of months from home!!!

This is what I miss most by viewing the Dis on iPads - no tickers or emoticons. Hope they change that in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney777 View Post

I agree with what someone said, good news if you're NOT going to BB. I'm not looking forward to being all grungy from the BB and waiting with a bunch of people to go to AK, so I can then get in line to wait for another bus and backtrack to my resort. But, oh well. They are doing the test and I'm sure they will find out if it works out or not. Just glad it's not being tested when I'm there. I'm waiting to see how this works out.
I wonder why they don't just drop off at AK first and then BB?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 05-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #3463
Tarheel girl 1975
Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney777 View Post

I agree. Good thing we were already planning to drive to Blizzard Beach.
Previous Trips: 1990 Disneyland Hotel, 1991 Magic Music Days, 1996 Magic Music Days, Oct 2008 POP, May 2009 Poly, Sept. 2009 BWI, January 2011 CBR, Sept/Oct 2012 POR, Sept/Oct 2013 Beach Club Upcoming Trips: Sept/Oct 2014 POFQ and YC
Old 05-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #3464
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7
I just wanted to let you all know how great BC IPO is.

I didn't even know they had opened up the Fireworks Dessert Party for July today. When I came home from work there was an email from BC IPO they they got the 3rd of July for us. It was for seven and that wasn't even a problem.

Can't wait - Teena we are so excited that you are Lauren are joining us!
Woo hoo! Awesome news! I am just now seeing that July is open for booking a Wishes dessert party. Hopefully I can still get one!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 05-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #3465
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Aunt View Post
I might be too late (you might have already mailed your package). If not, you can go to usps.com. Hover your mouse over SHIP A PACKAGE and click on CALCULATE A PRICE. I know you asked about time, not cost, but if you enter the information about your package, it will show you the different shipping options and when your package should arrive for each of those options.

That won't help with figuring out how long it will take to get from Disney's centralized post office delivery location to your resort (I have no idea about that one) but it's a starting point.

Here's the link: http://postcalc.usps.com/
Thanks for the link. According to their calculations though its going to cost a fortune to send this package down so I may need to figure out something else. I purchased 3 huge plush characters and bought some smaller toys to do an in room celebration for the kids but I wasn't thinking about the fact they charge big bucks for an oversized box even though its light. The van is going to be so packed already I'm not sure how I could take them with us now.

Definitely going to need to figure it out soon though.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: