Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 01:23 AM   #166
dsnycrzy
W/4 kids who has time for anything else but planning our next WDW trip!

I am speechless!!!! I have a teenage son & daughter as well as a 10 yr old daughter. When doing an agreement I was asked to list their names and ages. One would hope one of the reasons would be for gaming titles. My son is completely addicted to his PS3 so at the very least he would have brought his 1 game & microphone etc. But would have expected other titles there if it was advertised. As for the grill, I just looked as well & it is STILL in the pictures!!! I always check out the living quarters before I head to the local Walmart for groceries so I would NOT have brought back good for the grill. This owner & her attitude was all sorts of wrong & I would have wanted some money back! Her & Kathryn007 can split it since its not a big deal to her either.☺
97-99-HOJO MGE ***00-POR/CRUISE***01-05-HOJO MGE ***06-NICK &HOJO MGE***07-POP/NICK/HOJO MGE *** 08-SUITES @OLD TOWN***09-POP/CBR ***10- NO TRIP &11-No Trip- BABY ON THE WAY 12- CBR/PORFQ/POP/SUITES @OLD TOWN***13-RPR/CBR &VACATION HOME***14-CBB/ASMu/AoA

dsnycrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:01 AM   #167
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensen

Freedom of speech does not preclude you from being sued for libel. If you post something online that you have no proof of, then you could be held liable for false statements.

So far, the only thing she's told us about that can be proven is that there was no grill. If she has photographs of bugs, nail clippings and hair, then she can be comfortable posting those. If not, then tread lightly...

If I were this renter, I'd drop this and move on.
Actually, the bugs and bathroom problems are the only thing she doesn't have proof of. She has emails from the owner stating that they knew the games were stolen and did not bother to tell her that before her stay.
LikeSeriously is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #168
connorlevismom

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeSeriously View Post
Actually, the bugs and bathroom problems are the only thing she doesn't have proof of. She has emails from the owner stating that they knew the games were stolen and did not bother to tell her that before her stay.
- and the emails telling me they got rid of the grill with no plans to replace it.

- and the emails telling me she removed ALL advertising of the grill (clearly not).

-and the email telling me she was going to sue me if I wrote a negative review.

I kept everything and have no plans on getting rid of them. I don't trust this owner and would not put it past her to try and come after me at some point.
connorlevismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #169
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

And the crazy posts on this thread.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #170
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

I just found your thread today. I can't believe this, I can't imagine what you guys went through there while on your vacation. It's a shame really, because a lot of people like myself base where I'm going to stay off of different reviews and pictures that are on line. I hate when people put old dated pictures on their sites to get you there and when you do it's a completely different story.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #171
fitmom3
Lori

I had a bad experience at WH with a management company a couple of years ago. It makes me upset when I hear about this. We all pay money and deserve a nice holiday with customer service. This makes me not want to fork out money for a vacation. I did have a good experience the first time renting from Dave Robisnon. He was highly recommended on this board. I will only go with recommended owners.

To the posters that think the OP should have asked about the video games and grill. That is just nonsense! Why should you have to ask when it is listed on the site? Does this mean you have to ask if there is a king size bed, pool etc????? If the items are NOT included they should not be listed! That is 100% false advertising. OP I am 100% on your side!

First Trip with kids - Windsor Hills Feb 2011, Windsor Hills March break 2012, Aviana March break 2013
fitmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #172
momofEAP
Earning My Ears

I, too went to the ad and noticed that the grill and game systems were still there. BUT, when you click on them they both have notes. The grill said something to the effect that one will be rented for you. The systems say that you will need to provide the games. (I think that is what it said.) At least it seems that she has changed those. I never would have thought that it would be necessary to make sure that the mc would be available on week-ends! That just totally creeps me out! YUCK!
momofEAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #173
hoff41
We love us some cruisin'

Bumping again
July 2013 WDW - Marriott's Harbour Lake: DD First Trip to WDW
Jan 2016 Disney Fantasy - Western Caribbean: 2nd DD First Cruise
hoff41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #174
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

I do believe a bump is in order

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:07 PM   #175
choppee
Mouseketeer

wowzers! this thread is incredible! i rent from folks all the time and have always had great results. can you please let me know specifically the one to avoid in wh? thanks....
choppee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:13 PM   #176
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppee View Post
wowzers! this thread is incredible! i rent from folks all the time and have always had great results. can you please let me know specifically the one to avoid in wh? thanks....
Read the whole thread. The OP mentions the name along the way.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #177
jaykorf001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ametista View Post
I have been thinking a lot about this thread because it bothers me. Now, I can see being disappointed by the Playstation not having games, but honestly, I can't imagine that it would be possible to keep them from being stolen. My own son did not take very good care of games on disks, so how would vacationing kids treat them? That goes for the system remotes too ($50/each every time to replace?). The barbecue, well, they should quit advertising it.

But what gets me is this: I have been to many, many resorts and hotels where some great advertised feature wasn't working. For instance, we went to Cozumel and the hot tubs weren't heated/were broken. One trip to Orlando the water slide at our resort was broken. At another one the pool heat wasn't working. One place advertised three bedrooms but the third was barely larger than a closet and you couldn't even get the door all the way open because the bed was in the way. At one resort the spa/shower setup was like a death trap because the shower sprayed water all over the tile floor no matter what you did.

My point is, you will find a complaint at EVERY place you stay, but do you demand to be compensated or want your money back for it? Or is it maybe easier to just go after a private property owner and threaten to leave bad feedback and destroy their small business? I just don't think the fact that games and a barbecue were missing warrant this thread.

And if the barbecue HAD been there, who do you think would have cleaned it? I doubt anybody would, which is probably why it ended up in the trash. Unless they could find guests willing to pay an extra $20 cleaning fee for the barbecue?
I've read this entire thread (great stuff!) and several people have indicated they've rented at WH and games where always included. So this seems to be fairly common practice. It's the management company's responsibility to ensure all the games et al are present or charge the previous renter and replace them.

A grill would be a requirement if I were renting a home and I guarantee I would complain if it was missing.

But I think the OP's point is more how the owner handled these issues -- this far overshadowed the issues in and of themselves. I'm not sure what kind of refund I'd have asked for, if any, but I'd have brought these things to the owner's attention and would have been upset with how she handled the matters.
jaykorf001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #178
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

BUMP. I am curious how this property is listed on Trip Advisor and what the homeaway house listing number is. I would like to go read the reviews others have posted on this property.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #179
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

It's easy enough to find if you google it- and sure, there are lots of positive reviews but they are almost all entered by the homeowner so you aren't getting a balanced picture. There are so many other good homeowners in WH there's no reason to risk it.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #180
sersee05
DIS Veteran

Was looking through to research reputable management companies and came across this thread...

omg. best. thread. ever.