Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #1111
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaidPixie View Post
Bear in mind that in 2012 we had free dining for a large chunk of the year, not just Fall. I don't think we'll see any free dining for later than September. They have cut way back this year and have been filling rooms just fine with the room and ticket discounts, which for the deluxe resorts is a better discount anyway.
I agree, especially since it was not offered the last 2 weeks of August. Just because they had it last year doesn't mean they will this year. They had free dining 1/8 to 3/29 in 2012, this year it was the stay/play/dine from 2/18 to 3/23. I predict it will be more like the stay/play/dine for the rest of the fall or room discounts. There's a lot going on October to December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
I'm really looking for a room discount, not free dining. Any guess on to a room discount for the week of 11-9-13 to 11-16-13? Right now I have 15% off from AAA but would looooove a bigger discount. I'm fine with what I have but anything extra is icing on the cake!
I don't think you will see anything the for the 9th or 10th. That's Veteran's Day weekend, there's a lot going on. The end of the Food & Wine Festival, there's a half marathon, end of Jersey week.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #1112
Tifley
Earning My Ears

I got a quote from a TA a couple of weeks back and she just sent me this!!

"I just wanted to circle back to see if you're still interested in a Disney trip in September. A new discount for that time frame will be released on Thursday and though we don't know for sure what it will be, there are some very credible rumors that it will be free dining. (Which I did not believe we will see this year, but this source has a strong track record of being right, so let's hope its true!)

If you're still interested let me know and I would be happy to provide you with a new quote on the 9th when the offer comes out."

Seems like it is concrete evidence!!!!! FREE DINING! Even though I trust black, 411 & Danny...that email was like the last 1% doubt I had is gone!!!

** Jan 2011 - POR (DH, DD16, DS13, DD10, DD3 & me!) **
** Jan 2012 - POR (DH, DS14, DD11, DD4 & me!) **
** Sept 2013 - POR (DH, DD19, DS16, DD13, DD6, DM, DF, & me!) **
** Sept 2014 - ASMu (DM, DF, DS, DN4, DD20, DSIL31, DD7 & me!) **
Tifley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #1113
Elisa
momtwo2

Can someone help me. My original dates were going to be Aug 24th - Sept 1st and I had no hope of getting Free Dining Now I'm reading somewhere on page 6-7 that others have gotten Free Dining their whole trip when they checked in during the last couple of days of FD. IF I extend my vacation to include Sept 2nd and then check out Sept 3rd, would I still be eligible??????????? Please Please tell me it's so!!!! Doh! I re-read the page and it says you must Check-In during the free dining dates, not just have it start during your trip. Darn! I sure hope they change their minds and have it include the end of August!!!! What conferences are going on during that time?
'06 Sept Pop ( Big surprise for kids )
'07 Sept ASMu ( Free Dining AGAIN )
'10 Aug CBR Free Dining ( Kids 1st time at a Mod) and Universal Studios
'13 Aug CBR ( to capture the last of my children's youth as they're growing too fast!!!!)

Last edited by Elisa; 05-03-2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Answered my own question
Elisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #1114
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
Can someone help me. My original dates were going to be Aug 24th - Sept 1st and I had no hope of getting Free Dining Now I'm reading somewhere on page 6-7 that others have gotten Free Dining their whole trip when they checked in during the last couple of days of FD. IF I extend my vacation to include Sept 2nd and then check out Sept 3rd, would I still be eligible??????????? Please Please tell me it's so!!!!
No, only if they check in during the actual free dining dates. So you have to check in on the 2nd or later.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #1115
trixiemuffin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
Can someone help me. My original dates were going to be Aug 24th - Sept 1st and I had no hope of getting Free Dining Now I'm reading somewhere on page 6-7 that others have gotten Free Dining their whole trip when they checked in during the last couple of days of FD. IF I extend my vacation to include Sept 2nd and then check out Sept 3rd, would I still be eligible??????????? Please Please tell me it's so!!!!
Your check-in date must be during the FD promotion in order to get FD for your whole trip, so you would have to check in between Sep 2-25

trixiemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #1116
MommySueto4
Earning My Ears

I am booked through AAA on a MYW package from Sep 2 - 10, and I am a Disney Visa holder, can I call at 7am on May 6 to add the free dining or do I have to wait until AAA opens at 9am and have my agent do it for me? Also, do I need to call Visa to get the pin number??
MommySueto4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #1117
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommySueto4 View Post
I am booked through AAA on a MYW package from Sep 2 - 10, and I am a Disney Visa holder, can I call at 7am on May 6 to add the free dining or do I have to wait until AAA opens at 9am and have my agent do it for me? Also, do I need to call Visa to get the pin number??
AAA will have to do it.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #1118
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would assume that since you booked through AAA, that they own the reservation and that they would therefore need to call to add free dining. As far as I know there's no pin number, you just provide your Visa card number.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #1119
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We booked through AAA in 2010. I waited outside of the office for them to open, the day free dining came out. I was so nervous that everything would sell out. LOL I learned since then that really it doesn't sell out quite as quickly as some think it will. But make sure to have some backups just in case the specific resort or category you are looking for is sold out. That is more likely to happen than it selling out all together by 9AM. Good luck!!!!
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #1120
acwaters
Earning My Ears

I just got a AAA traveler flyer in the mail today, to late to call AAA, saying that May is AAA memeber appreciation month. The ad says AAA members receive extra travel savings during this month does anyone know if it worth booking through AAA on monday at 9am or if i should just book myself through Disney? The ad doesn't really say what the discount is? Thanks
acwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #1121
Sleepyshopper
Earning My Ears

Quick question..... My family (visa card holders) have already booked at POR and my parents ( non card holders) have also already booked at POR. Seperate ressies. Would I be able to change both of our ressies to free dining on the 6 th if I put them both on my visa??

Sept. 2008 POP
Sept. 2012 POP
Sept. 2013 POR
Me , DH , DS16 , DD11, and DD3
Sleepyshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #1122
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Don't know what the special is, but when we booked ours in 2010 we received a $75 gift card along with FD. I didn't think we could get both, but our agent said it was a AAA exclusive offer, so it did not count as stacking discounts. I would not go through AAA again though, because ours has a way of going through travel agents like crazy. I had to deal with a different agent every time I had a question. That makes things very complicated, because you have to explain everything to each agent. I don't know that all AAA are like that though.

Plus you have no control of your reservation, if you go through an agent. All changes must be made by them.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #1123
acwaters
Earning My Ears

Thank you. Yes, i really don't want to have to deal with an agent, it just complicates everything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Don't know what the special is, but when we booked ours in 2010 we received a $75 gift card along with FD. I didn't think we could get both, but our agent said it was a AAA exclusive offer, so it did not count as stacking discounts. I would not go through AAA again though, because ours has a way of going through travel agents like crazy. I had to deal with a different agent every time I had a question. That makes things very complicated, because you have to explain everything to each agent. I don't know that all AAA are like that though.

Plus you have no control of your reservation, if you go through an agent. All changes must be made by them.
acwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #1124
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyshopper View Post
Quick question..... My family (visa card holders) have already booked at POR and my parents ( non card holders) have also already booked at POR. Seperate ressies. Would I be able to change both of our ressies to free dining on the 6 th if I put them both on my visa??
As long as it is less than 3 rooms, you should be ok to do that. Unless something has changed. Don't know what they do about the separate ressies, but I have made ressies for others before.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #1125
Mckymousefn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5

As long as it is less than 3 rooms, you should be ok to do that. Unless something has changed. Don't know what they do about the separate ressies, but I have made ressies for others before.
From what understand... You can do it on the lotted day for your ressie since you have DV... But since they are a separate ressie and don't have DV, they would have to wait till its open for general public. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Mckymousefn is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: