Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #16
disneybound08
Mouseketeer

After spending an amazing morning at Magic Kingdom we headed back to our resort for a mid afternoon break. I had forgot that as we were walking out of the park the parade had just started so we grabbed some popcorn and cotton candy and stayed to watch most of it. Here's a few pics.

Cameron had been dying to go for a swim in the pool. We got changed, filled up the mugs and headed down to the pool. Cameron was so excited to swim and more importantly to slide down that serpent tongue. He loved it! Cameron takes swimming lessons every summer but still isn't a big fan of going underwater. It was the perfect slide for a rookie swimmer. It's entry into the water is quite calm so it was just right for him.

He went at least a dozen times in a row. We also swam around the main pool to the other water features. After swimming we headed back to the room to shower and change. Cameron has super sensitive skin so he has to shower off all those pool chemicals right away or he'll develop a nasty rash. We then relaxed in the room and watched a bit of Stacey. I think Cameron likes watching Must Do Disney even more than me, he refuses to watch any other channel. Our plan was to head back to the Magic Kingdom for the evening to watch Wishes. We had to decide if we should eat at the resort or the park. Cameron wanted more beignets so we settled for the resort. Cameron got the kids spaghetti. I can't remember what Gerry and I ordered except that I got beignets for my dessert to share with Cameron. Everything was good and messy as you can see.

After that we headed to the bus stop to return to the Magic Kingdom. Again our bus stopped at all the Riverside bus stops. I believe this was because we weren't travelling at a peak time. Once arriving we headed to the Haunted Mansion. This would be Cameron's first ride. On our last trip my step daughter didn't want to ride so Cameron and I stayed with her. After about a 15 minute wait we entered the stretching room. I thought Cameron might get a bit freaked out but he was fine. I really love this ride. We all shared a doom buggy and off we went. Unfortunately our ride got stuck! We were stuck right beside the coffin/funeral scene. So the coffin lid kept lifting up on one side of us and the doors knocking/shaking/rattling on the other side. Cameron was fine though and was quoting the technical difficulty line that came over the speakers for the rest of evening. After our ride we headed towards Adventureland hoping to ride the Jungle Cruise. The wait was pretty long though so we took a tour of the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.

Then we caught the Tiki Room show because it was just about to start. I'm glad they returned to the original show, I didn't like the one with Iago very much. After this we walked towards Casey's to grab a spot for the parade. A very nice family invited Cameron to grab a seat on the curb with them.

After the parade we headed to grab a spot over by the Crystal Palace for Celebrate the Magic. It was so incredible! I loved the show, especially the lanterns scene from Tangled. I tried to take some pictures, but I couldn't figure out the proper camera setting. So I won't post many pics from this night.

Unfortunately we couldn't stay in our spot for Wishes so we had to move further down towards Adventureland. It wasn't a great view, but I didn't want to be stuck in the crowds on Main Street. Oh well, we still enjoyed the fireworks and they were nice and early for Cameron. After the fireworks we headed out of the park, cutting through the shops to avoid some of the crowds. We caught the bus back to the French Quarter and got ourselves off to bed quickly because we were off to Epcot the next morning.

Continued in next post.

Last edited by disneybound08; 05-05-2013 at 05:20 PM.
disneybound08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: