Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #31
Dan29racing
Earning My Ears

Last Day... Report Complete!!!

When we picked up the boys last night they continued their habit of one being asleep and one awake, WIDE awake. But after some playtime Austin slept and of course they managed to sleep through the night till past 7am although Jackson crashed with grandma. Breakfast was at 8 in Animators Palate... You could tell the servers and kitchen staff were off thier game and thinking of the next cruise, but over all it was ok. Disembarkation was not too bad, we had to stand in line in the atrium for about 10 mins not moving, which had me worried, but once the line moved it was zip zop done! Then the fun started with the shuttle from Elegance Transportation(Im pretty sure that was the name, Ill figure it out and update). The van was scheduled for 9:45, which came and went. Then at 10 the driver said he was almost there, then about 15 mins later we got the call that the van broke down and it would be over an hour. We remembered that there was a taxi stand at the exit to the terminal so we checked it out. The sign said $25 per person to airport and they wouldn't charge for the boys so we thought great, and quickly said goodbye to the group! They even managed to get 3 adults, 2 babies in car carriers, 7 pieces of luggage and 4 carry on bags, and one giant stroller into a Dodge Caravan! I wish I had a picture! However when we got to the airport the bill was $114, to which the driver replied that the $25 was for a 4 adult minimum... They didn't say anything about that when we got loaded up... Really erked me off but what can you do?!?!?! Did curbside check, WONDERFUL! and another $5 dollar tip and it was time to fly home!

Austin's last late night on the Fantasy!

Here is what we had to look forward to when we returned to Omaha... We had two weeks to pack everything up and then move into our new house after we got back!!! So technically, along with our DVC purchase which was finalized about the same time, we moved into our two new homes in the same week!!!

So there's my report... I hope you enjoyed it and sorry for the delay on the last part, it has been very crazy here for the last month... We LOVED the Fantasy and are so excited for the new Magic referb that we moved a 5 day from the Wonder to the Magic in December of next year!!! Anyway, feel free to ask any questions as the point of the report was to let people know that traveling with young ones, even twins, isn't as terrifying as it may seem!

Old 05-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #32
mrp4352
DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing!!! I enjoyed your report!

Disney Dream Maiden Voyage trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post40042393
May 21, 2012 Yukon Ho! Wonder cruise report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2937171
mrp4352 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #33
erogers
Earning My Ears

After sending messages when I did the TR on our December cruise with a 9-month-old, I remembered you guys were cruising in March and am glad I found your TR! Looks like you had a great time. The boys are adorable, and congrats on your new house (and DVC)! :-)

04/93, 03/95, 02/97, 03/99, 03/01, 05/07: Dixie Landings/POR
05/97, Grad Nite: All-Star Sports
12/12: DCL, Fantasy
erogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #34
Dan29racing
Earning My Ears

Thanks erogers and thank you for all your help before the cruise! It really helped make the trip much easier for us :-)
Old 05-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #35
ChrisParker
Mouseketeer

Great trip report! Really enjoyed it.

Follow us to the Fantasy Pre-Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099534
ChrisParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #36
Dan29racing
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone Oh and BTW not only are the boys crawling now, they are walking!!!! :-0

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: