Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you most look forward to doing on the Fantasy?
Riding the Aquaduck 79 25.65%
Dining in Palo and/or Remy 92 29.87%
Relaxing in the Rainforest Room 30 9.74%
Solving a Midship Detective Agency crime 20 6.49%
Shopping on shore and/or on ship 10 3.25%
Sailing with Mickey and Minnie 77 25.00%
Voters: 308. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #376
jstkpswimming
Earning My Ears

I'll be on the Panama Canal cruise with you! We are sooooo excited!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #377
Princess Samantha
Earning My Ears

great pictures
Princess Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #378
debbieb04
Earning My Ears

Thank you for a great trip report. The pictures were amazing. My husband and I will be on the Fantasy May 2014 and your report was very helpful. I think we will get a cabana and see if someone will share it with us to help with the cost. Thanks again.
debbieb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #379
SKEEWEE 96
Earning My Ears

Great tr

I just spent the better part of today reading and enjoying your postings and pictures. It really helped me alot. I am taking my 2 DGDs March 2014. I think I am as excited as they are. I booked in February and by the tie I booked the only concierge suites were 3 on deck 11. We will be in 11010. You made planning so much easier.

I would love the Cabana but not sure if I want to spend that much for me and 2 little girls age 9 and 10 who would rather spend their time in the water.

Anyway, you have given me plenty to think about and I thank you so much!
SKEEWEE 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #380
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstkpswimming View Post
I'll be on the Panama Canal cruise with you! We are sooooo excited!
Oh, I'm sorry I didn't read this before. I hope you had a wonderful time. Perhaps we met and didn't know it! This trip was a little more difficult because the vacation happened to fall in a difficult time for our family with my mother loosing both a sister and a brother-in-law just a few weeks before this cruise, so it was hard for us to relax, but the Panama was an incredible experience. I'll do a photo trip report soon!
jegsnakkernorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #381
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Samantha View Post
great pictures
thanks! I have about 4,500 photos from the 14 day Panama Canal and 3 days in Disneyland Resort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieb04 View Post
Thank you for a great trip report. The pictures were amazing. My husband and I will be on the Fantasy May 2014 and your report was very helpful. I think we will get a cabana and see if someone will share it with us to help with the cost. Thanks again.
You'll enjoy the cabana and the cruise next May! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKEEWEE 96 View Post
I just spent the better part of today reading and enjoying your postings and pictures. It really helped me alot. I am taking my 2 DGDs March 2014. I think I am as excited as they are. I booked in February and by the tie I booked the only concierge suites were 3 on deck 11. We will be in 11010. You made planning so much easier.

I would love the Cabana but not sure if I want to spend that much for me and 2 little girls age 9 and 10 who would rather spend their time in the water.

Anyway, you have given me plenty to think about and I thank you so much!
I really think DCL should give me some discount for all the concierge I help them book! You're family will enjoy it and I'm glad I was able to help in your planning.

The cabanas are really helpful if you have a need for shade - my parents definitely live in the cabana. When my sister and I do a cruise in December just the two of us on the Magic, we'll skip the cabana since we will be out in the water most of the time and can save the $.

Thanks for your feedback!
Old 06-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #382
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day

well after reading your trip report I went and booked a cat v cabin12516 for our cruise in Nov.2014. Ok now I want a cabana as well! So I guess I too will be up waiting to book one as soon as Iam able to.Im really excited about this, I had been trying to deciede on cruise date and what cabin, was pretty much hooked on a 4b and had thought about doing just a 4 night even though we have only done 7 night cruises so far. your trip report made my day since Ive been able to finally agree on dates and cat. Your mom and dads vow renewal pics are beautiful, what a great way to celebrate! Thanks so much for doing this report I really enjoyed reading all about your trip! and loved all the pictures!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #383
Livvys
Mouseketeer

Thanks for a wonderful report! I couldn't stop reading-- you have such a fun and entertaining way of writing and I loved all the pics!!! I'm sooo excited now for our sept trip on the Fantasy in concierge!! Woot woot!
Thanks again---- a fellow Naples girl
Livvys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #384
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundfordisney View Post
well after reading your trip report I went and booked a cat v cabin12516 for our cruise in Nov.2014. Ok now I want a cabana as well! So I guess I too will be up waiting to book one as soon as Iam able to.Im really excited about this, I had been trying to deciede on cruise date and what cabin, was pretty much hooked on a 4b and had thought about doing just a 4 night even though we have only done 7 night cruises so far. your trip report made my day since Ive been able to finally agree on dates and cat. Your mom and dads vow renewal pics are beautiful, what a great way to celebrate! Thanks so much for doing this report I really enjoyed reading all about your trip! and loved all the pictures!
DSis (Speedo) and I agree that we loved the Cat V and we like the starboard side - it's fun to watch us leave Port Canaveral, etc. from our verandah. Congrats on your booking and good luck on getting the cabana.
We just got back from the Panama Canal cruise on the Wonder and had cabana #6. DSis and I decided we liked the cabana #5 a little better - there is a little palm tree in front of #6 that blocks the view, but provides privacy. It's minor and any cabana will be great, but our #1 pick in the future will be #5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvys View Post
Thanks for a wonderful report! I couldn't stop reading-- you have such a fun and entertaining way of writing and I loved all the pics!!! I'm sooo excited now for our sept trip on the Fantasy in concierge!! Woot woot!
Thanks again---- a fellow Naples girl
Thanks so much! I am working on our trip report for the Panama Canal cruise now. If you are bored... And have a great trip in Sept - a good time to get away!
Old 06-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #385
speedo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegsnakkernorsk View Post
We just got back from the Panama Canal cruise on the Wonder and had cabana #6. DSis and I decided we liked the cabana #5 a little better - there is a little palm tree in front of #6 that blocks the view, but provides privacy. It's minor and any cabana will be great, but our #1 pick in the future will be #5.
DSis is totally trying to fool everyone. It is just the opposite. We like #6 better than #5 for the view. That being said, the palm tree they have planted does make #5 more secluded. But I like to see the ship so if we do a cabana again (very likely in the future) we will try for #6.
speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #386
alagille
Mouseketeer

Quote:

In the afternoon the tide went out and parts of the cabana family beach area didn't have much water infront of them - the water is going further and further out. We didn't experience much difference at #6, but the end of the row of cabanas had a massive beach by the late afternoon.

Sis thought #5 -7 were the best - close to the bathroom, lunch buffet, ice cream and views of the ship. I couldn't come up with a complaint about #6, but I haven't experienced any of the others.
Love, love, love your novel! I feel like I'm already on the 12th deck! 113 days to go until my eastern fantasy cruise. I was only left with cabana #9 so I grabbed it. What happens to the beach, access to the water closer to the public part, near #9? Are the bathrooms still close? My ds4 is CONSTANTLY going to the bathroom!

Are life preservers available at the cabana?

Are the golf carts there first thing in the morning to take you out there quickly?

Also, the bicycles. Are there bikes with training wheels?
alagille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #387
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alagille View Post
Love, love, love your novel! I feel like I'm already on the 12th deck! 113 days to go until my eastern fantasy cruise. I was only left with cabana #9 so I grabbed it. What happens to the beach, access to the water closer to the public part, near #9? Are the bathrooms still close? My ds4 is CONSTANTLY going to the bathroom!

Are life preservers available at the cabana?

Are the golf carts there first thing in the morning to take you out there quickly?

Also, the bicycles. Are there bikes with training wheels?
Thanks for posting. I'm not sure I can answer all your questions fully. I know there was a thread on the cabanas that I found once on DIS that had a lot of information and photos.

This last cruise, the Panama Canal, we were at number 5. It looked like further down (numbers going up) the water receded in the afternoon with the tide and there was little puddles of water but you would have to walk further to get to the water - closer to the family beach, but not that bad really.

The bathrooms are near the food service area and not too far but further than at say cabana #1.

I'm not sure about life preservers. You might have to ask on the cabanas thread or ask the concierge when you get to the cabana. The tubes and floats are on the sand by the water and sand toys are in the cabana.

I'm not sure about the availability of golf carts in the morning. I have always either walked or taken the tram to the family beach stop (think this was the second stop) and then walked to the cabana. We have taken golf carts back to the tram at the end of the day when they want to get us out. Maybe there are golf carts if you are first off the ship, get off the ship a little later when it's less busy, or if you ask for assistance.

As for bikes with training wheels. I'm also not sure. I bet someone knows for sure. I feel like they do.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #388
vmb123
Disney Mom

Quote:

There was enough seating for all of us though I don't have photos of the couches and other chairs. Yes, there are a few things I didn't take photos of.

Soon these floats and rafts will be put to use...
SEEING THESE MAKES ME VERY HAPPY WE HAVE CABANA 6 FOR SEPTEMBER!!! THANKS FOR POSTING PICTURES!!!!
vmb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #389
Calfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmb123 View Post

SEEING THESE MAKES ME VERY HAPPY WE HAVE CABANA 6 FOR SEPTEMBER!!! THANKS FOR POSTING PICTURES!!!!
We had cabana #6 in April. It was awesome!

MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on
Calfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #390
amityisland
Mouseketeer

Loved your photos!
amityisland is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: