Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #691
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinyPrincess View Post
Yea I think we may be okay

I'm so excited, but I don't even know where to begin! Or If there is anything I need to do hahahah
Congratulations!

Well, my dress arrived and it doesn't look hideous so I'm onto a winner. As previously discussed, I'm not a girly girl so dresses were never going to be the 'OMG it's the one' thing!

Great price from Ebay and I'm really chuffed that it's a little big which means my healthier eating habits are working

Regarding the ceremony, we have over 40 but luckily, we're on the Magic this August so we're going to speak to the onboard co-ord to hear their views on locations. Mick and I are not keen on being married in the atrium where all and sundry can gawp at us (or throw things at us!!). I guess you could be in the middle of the ceremony when a group of children come running past having fun and being noisy .. not what I want in the middle of trying to stand in heels and remember what I'm saying!!
I'm thinking we may be able to use the nightclub instead .. it's plenty big enough and I'm not bothered about posh chairs with an aisle runner, just the lounge chairs will be fine. We'll see what the co-ord says anyway.

We now have confirmation that Micks youngest daughter will be joining us along with her partner and their 2 children (will be 8 and 5). It'll be their first ever Disney experience so we're very much looking forward to seeing their faces when they get onboard. We've decided to take them up to WDW afterwards for 5 nights as we can use our DVC points .. it's only a cheap flight from San Juan up to MCO and it seems a pity to have them on your side of the Atlantic and not get them to experience the parks a little!!

So we'll now have almost 3 weeks for the wedding and honeymoon ... 2 week WBTA and 5 nights at OKW.

Joa
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Faroe Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #692
lescal79
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone,

I was married last week on the Dream. If any are interested in reading my experience, here is my PJ, http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2931000

I'm only on Day 1, I'm patiently waiting for pictures from my photographer so I can move on to Day 2.

Unfortunately, not everything went as I had planned ... minor things, but still things that upset me enough that required feedback to Disney. (Already submitted) Please note that I have decided not to share everything that went wrong, but some things that I feel that may benefit one with their planning. We did have positive experiences as well. I hope you will all take it as information and nothing to offset your planning. Everyone goes through different events and/or emotions during their planning and wedding experience. I hope you will head over and take a look ...

Best,
Lesley

Disneyland Hotel - 2007; Animal Kingdom Lodge 2010; DCL Dream 2011; Wilderness Lodge Oct 2011; Port Orleans Royal Guest Rooms 2012; Contemporary Apr 2013; DCL Dream April 2013 (wedding); DCL Magic Feb 2014

lescal79 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 01:57 AM   #693
Evi
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear things did not go as planned. I look forward to reading your planning journal.

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:56 AM   #694
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Quote:
Originally Posted by lescal79 View Post
Hi everyone,

I was married last week on the Dream. If any are interested in reading my experience, here is my PJ, http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2931000

I'm only on Day 1, I'm patiently waiting for pictures from my photographer so I can move on to Day 2.

Unfortunately, not everything went as I had planned ... minor things, but still things that upset me enough that required feedback to Disney. (Already submitted) Please note that I have decided not to share everything that went wrong, but some things that I feel that may benefit one with their planning. We did have positive experiences as well. I hope you will all take it as information and nothing to offset your planning. Everyone goes through different events and/or emotions during their planning and wedding experience. I hope you will head over and take a look ...

Best,
Lesley
So sorry for you Lesley. Hope you still managed to have a good day despite the minor things that went wrong.
Would be very interested to hear about the whole experience and look at the photos.
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Faroe Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #695
bsusanmb
DIS Veteran

Got engaged on 5/1/13 and getting married on 6/1/13 on Magic in Mediterranean

At our age, you can't waste time!!! We are both in early 60's and met after having known each other in elementary school...50 years later we reunited and fell in love. So, why wait to plan a wedding? Let DCL do it!!! The only thing I have to worry about is what am I going to wear??? UGH. Well, bought a dress on clearance from David's on line that is tea length and short sleeves, not low cut or anything, and if that doesn't work, I am going to wear white pants and a sparkly pink and white top! I need to be comfy! So excited. The wedding planner was very sweet when she heard my story. It is just the two of us...so no one to please, no one to complain or criticize...just us! So so so excited. Going to be on deck 7 aft in the Mediterranean. The only thing I am not thrilled about is having a civil ceremony at home before we get on the ship. Kind of takes some of the thrill away, but oh well. I am going to be a Disney bride!!!

bsusanmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #696
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsusanmb View Post
At our age, you can't waste time!!! We are both in early 60's and met after having known each other in elementary school...50 years later we reunited and fell in love. So, why wait to plan a wedding? Let DCL do it!!! The only thing I have to worry about is what am I going to wear??? UGH. Well, bought a dress on clearance from David's on line that is tea length and short sleeves, not low cut or anything, and if that doesn't work, I am going to wear white pants and a sparkly pink and white top! I need to be comfy! So excited. The wedding planner was very sweet when she heard my story. It is just the two of us...so no one to please, no one to complain or criticize...just us! So so so excited. Going to be on deck 7 aft in the Mediterranean. The only thing I am not thrilled about is having a civil ceremony at home before we get on the ship. Kind of takes some of the thrill away, but oh well. I am going to be a Disney bride!!!

To being comfy

Hope your trip in a few weeks is awsome.

Chrissy
chris31997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #697
bsusanmb
DIS Veteran

Before I start buying Disney wedding items...

What does Disney Cruise Line weddings give to the bride and groom? I am thinking of the bride and groom ears and wine glasses and glass slipper and cake knife and so on and so on..what should I count on buying and do they have anything on the ship to puchase?

bsusanmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #698
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

They give the bride & groom the cake knife but no ears, etc.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #699
cruisn2castaway
Mouseketeer

We finally hit our 90 day this past Tuesday. We submitted in our planning guide to Meredith yesterday and have our phone call scheduled. The bridal shop also called yesterday and my dress is in. It feels like it is getting so close now.

Our 90 day mark was also the day we had to put our bunny Gabby to sleep so it was a terrible day here. Not sure what to do with our bunny Sam while we go on our trip now since he is the only bunny now and I feel like he shouldn't really be alone. Normally I have a friend that stops over every day to let them out to play but I feel like he needs to be in someone's house so he has more activity around him. I'm sure we'll get it figured out before then... Sorry for the ramblings.
cruisn2castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #700
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

The next 90 days will go fast, enjoy!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #701
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisn2castaway View Post
We finally hit our 90 day this past Tuesday. We submitted in our planning guide to Meredith yesterday and have our phone call scheduled. The bridal shop also called yesterday and my dress is in. It feels like it is getting so close now.

Our 90 day mark was also the day we had to put our bunny Gabby to sleep so it was a terrible day here. Not sure what to do with our bunny Sam while we go on our trip now since he is the only bunny now and I feel like he shouldn't really be alone. Normally I have a friend that stops over every day to let them out to play but I feel like he needs to be in someone's house so he has more activity around him. I'm sure we'll get it figured out before then... Sorry for the ramblings.
So sorry to hear about your bunny! I have one too (if you check my PJ, I think there's a few pictures of her in there) and I always have separation anxiety when I leave her alone! Yeah, I have people who will feed her when we're away, but nobody who will let her out to roam. I do wonder about getting her a bunny friend, but I also worry that since she's 2 years old and used to being an "only" child that she won't adapt well... I hope everything goes well for you!!!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #702
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsusanmb View Post
How sweet!
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #703
cruisn2castaway
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post
So sorry to hear about your bunny! I have one too (if you check my PJ, I think there's a few pictures of her in there) and I always have separation anxiety when I leave her alone! Yeah, I have people who will feed her when we're away, but nobody who will let her out to roam. I do wonder about getting her a bunny friend, but I also worry that since she's 2 years old and used to being an "only" child that she won't adapt well... I hope everything goes well for you!!!

We got Sam 3 months before gabby joined us. there was some jealousy for the first day but then they became best friends, never leaving each others side. Gabby would have been 10 next Monday and Sam is 10 1/2. I'm sure if you decided your bunny would love a friend. I found your picture of your bunny, she is such a cutie! I loved your planning journal, so many great ideas!
cruisn2castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:35 AM   #704
Fifitrixabellee
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone,
I've just finished reading all 47 pages and Jillian's pj it's only taken 2 days. Phew!
We are getting married in the Med Aug 14 and I've already started planning.
Your tips, advice and experiences have been really helpful, especially knowing that I'm not the only one have the same kind of issues, such as important people not booking yet!
Jillian I just loved reading about your wedding I'm a crafting addict too
I just wanted to say hi for now and I'm sure I will be asking lots of questions along the way. I have started blogging my planning on Tumblr but not sure if I'm allowed to put a link on here?

Fi
Fifitrixabellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #705
GrimGrinningVal
Disney Hotel Snob

Has anyone requested a ceremony site on Serenity Beach or near the cabanas? Just wondering if there are others options.....

GrimGrinningVal is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: