Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #481
SEASONK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurihart View Post
We are going on our first ever WDW trip Oct 14-19. Here's the details and I'd love to hear some feed back. No one else seems to want to talk about it quite as much as I do!

Leaving Sunday October 13 from the Jackson, MS area. We are driving and plan to drive about 8 hours before stopping for the night at a cheap hotel. Any suggestions on this??? We haven't booked that yet. Trying to find a Holiday Inn Express.
Welcome! I also recommend the Lake City area. Plenty of hotels and restaurants to chose from. Gainesville is also a good place to stop several hotels and restaurants right off the interstate. I am from North Louisiana and we never make it past Tallahassee, so I haven't ever stayed in either town.
WL ~ Dec 2010
CBR ~ Oct 2012
SEASONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #482
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Well, we have changed our dates AGAIN!!!!!!! Sept 17-October 5.

I need to start a date changers thread.... Kinda like the resort changers thread!
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #483
nedac
Mouseketeer

Lake City is our favorite stop over town... we have stayed at the Fairfield inn, holiday inn and now, we always stay at the Cabot Lodge. It has the best rates, excellent reviews and free breakfast. Check it out.
April 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
October 2011 - All Star Music
October 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2009 - All Star Movies
November 2008 - POP Century
October 2007-POP Century
November 2006 - All-Star Movies
May 2000 - Off-site
July 1997 - Off-site
Old 04-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #484
maurihart
Mouseketeer

Awesome! Lake city looks perfect. About 2 hours from WDW and there's a holiday inn express with indoor pool. Kids will love that and DH has priority club points. Thanks!!

ME! 38 DH 43

DS (13) DD (10) DS (6)
maurihart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #485
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Made my long list of 2 ADR's this morning

Arrival day we'll be shopping offsite then checking in to POFQ where we'll grab a boat to DTD and eat dinner at EoS. Then maybe catch a bus to the POLY to watch Wishes from the beach or Epcot via BC to watch Illuminations.

Day 1- Breakfast at the resort CS or a snack in room, then head to DHS. We have an ADR for the Fantasmic Dining Package at the Hollywood Brown Derby late afternoon so we'll probably take a break mid day and hang at the resort then head back eat catch a few more rides/shows then go to Fantasmic.

Day 2- Breakfast in room (bagel/kbar/coffee) then Morning at MK. Around 11-12 switch to Epcot to do F&W for lunch/dinner while touring WS and riding Soaring and Test Track in Future world. PM we'll either hang at resort or DTD or hit anything we missed at MK

Day 3- Breakfast in room then Morning at AK to catch Festival of the Lion King, maybe one or two other attractions then switch to F&W for Lunch Dinner. PM will probably be DTD shopping.

Departure Day we have an Early ADR at Boma for breakfast then we'll be heading to the airport.

Short trip but the only park my mom has not done is DHS and she didn't really do WS in Epcot so that's the only things besides F&W that are must do's. Everything else is play by ear.

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:27 PM   #486
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedac View Post
Lake City is our favorite stop over town... we have stayed at the Fairfield inn, holiday inn and now, we always stay at the Cabot Lodge. It has the best rates, excellent reviews and free breakfast. Check it out.
Ooooh! Thanks! We randomly picked that town as a good stopping place for our drive, without knowing anything about the hotels or area. Thanks for the recommendations!
2007 - Polynesian
2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - Polynesian
Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #487
jska482
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielafave View Post

Check easywdw .com. They have everything broken down by day including hours, parades, events, etc. I have found it very helpful for our planning.m
Thank you so much! I will definitely be using that
jska482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #488
jska482
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbobunny View Post

Yes, on MNSSHP nights only those with tickets can watch the parade and fireworks from inside the park. There is a party for 10/4 so you will have to leave MK by 7pm. You can go to the TTC or Poly to view the fireworks from there. It is the party fireworks called Hallowishes which started at 9:30 last year.

10/5 You should be good to go since there is no party.

The good news is 10/4 should have very low crowds since it's a party night. Great time to tour MK.
Good to know! This is one of the many planning tips I'm saving Its getting a bit out of control!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #489
arubia
Earning My Ears

Thank you fizbobunny for answering my question!😀
arubia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #490
BelleLulu
Earning My Ears

Hi All,

We are making our second trip to WDW October 22-29 staying at POFQ.

Our first trip was the first part of November last year and loved it so we are coming back. Looking forward to MNSSHP and F&W.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #491
Gabisgramma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinsdad View Post
I'm doing a Dad/Daughter solo trip (yes my DIS name is colinsdad, but that was before we had kiddo #2!). I've done 4 solo trips with Colin, so now its time to have some Disney time with my DD5.

We're doing a split stay at Art of Animation and Swan from October 14th to the 21st.

October is the best time to go to Disney IMO. We will be doing the MNSSHP, and Epcot FWF. Can't wait!!!
That sounds like so much fun! I would have given anything to have that experience with my dad and being Daddy's little princess for a whole trip. I wish you and your daughter many magical moments! She will treasure that forever! And just like I always told my husband when our girls were growing up (and now about our granddaughter) the way you treat her models for her how she should expect boys/men to treat her later on in her life. Have fun! And it is good to hear October is a good month to go. It will be our first trip ever.
Gabisgramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #492
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Hey, everyone! I have started the official MNSSHP guest list thread. If you would like to be included, here is the link...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post48267017
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #493
jska482
Mouseketeer

For all you planners put there like me, I've been using the app Evernote to keep track and categorize the tips from disboards. So far, I love it and its free! You can just copy posts you see directly to the app and title it as you choose. I'm hoping this will help keep track of the great info I've gathered over the last couple months...and until Oct!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #494
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Wonder what happened to our hostess/coordinator for this thread? The list of disers going in October hasn't been updated in quite some time.

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #495
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

We just changed our dates tonight so now we are going October 16- 20 and staying at our favorite AKL.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: