Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
ZEEV
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11

Smile Postponing ticket activation

Hello Everyone,

I plan a 3 weeks long Orlando vacation next year and want to do a "split stay"
Between Art of animation resort and POR resort.

I arrive at the end of september 2014 and stay 8 nights at each hotel but I want to start using the MYW 10 day tickets on my second week so they will be valid until the end my vacation.

I entered the data on disney official website and discovered it's a lot cheaper adding park tickets with a value resort than adding them to a moderate resort.

However, I'm afraid my tickets will be activated immediately upon arriving to my first hotel and so I will not be able to use them after 14 days.

Assuming I go first time to a Disney park after a week, when will be my activation date?

Upon arriving to first resort or upon visiting my first Disney park?
ZEEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 47,518

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEEV View Post
Hello Everyone,

I plan a 3 weeks long Orlando vacation next year and want to do a "split stay"
Between Art of animation resort and POR resort.

I arrive at the end of september 2014 and stay 8 nights at each hotel but I want to start using the MYW 10 day tickets on my second week so they will be valid until the end my vacation.

I entered the data on disney official website and discovered it's a lot cheaper adding park tickets with a value resort than adding them to a moderate resort.

However, I'm afraid my tickets will be activated immediately upon arriving to my first hotel and so I will not be able to use them after 14 days.

Assuming I go first time to a Disney park after a week, when will be my activation date?

Upon arriving to first resort or upon visiting my first Disney park?
Ticket prices are the same no matter which resort you are staying at. You must not have entered them the same or there's a room promo at one and not the other that is making the room cheaper.
__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
cleophus12
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,133

It is my understanding that the tickets are not activated until their first use. So the countdown will not begin until you actually use the ticket for the first time. Isn't that right?
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
cruise cruise cruise
Either way we will have FUN!
All my info comes only from what I have learned on this board
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,321

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleophus12 View Post
It is my understanding that the tickets are not activated until their first use. So the countdown will not begin until you actually use the ticket for the first time. Isn't that right?
yes, this is correct.
cruise cruise cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #5
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,044

MYW tickets are not activated until the first day you enter a park and then are good for 14 days at which time any unused days will expire.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
ZEEV
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
Ticket prices are the same no matter which resort you are staying at. You must not have entered them the same or there's a room promo at one and not the other that is making the room cheaper.
=====================

Thanks I rechecked my numbers and you are absolutly right!

Total: 4339$

So i guess I'll add tickets to the Moderate Hotel.

I guess i can change my mind if i want to as long as my vacation hasn't started yet.

Last edited by ZEEV; 05-04-2013 at 12:42 PM.
ZEEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 8,219

How are you getting prices for September 2014? The Disney website only lets you book through December 2013. And besides, there's no way that 8 nights at POR in a Royal room garden view costs the same as 8 nights in AoA.

Last edited by siskaren; 05-04-2013 at 12:55 PM.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #8
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren
How are you getting prices for September 2014? The Disney website only lets you book through December 2013. And besides, there's no way that 8 nights at POR in a Royal room garden view costs the same as 8 nights in AoA.
Nevermind, I need to read the whole thread before replying.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #9
ZEEV
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
How are you getting prices for September 2014? The Disney website only lets you book through December 2013. And besides, there's no way that 8 nights at POR in a Royal room garden view costs the same as 8 nights in AoA.
========================

I have to estimate from 2013 rates to 2014(Yes,I know prices may go up but I need to have a feel of the numbers).

As I wrote above I made an error in my POR calculations(I guess too much calculations time at disney website got me a little confused, the price for this resort is twice the price for the value resort).

I plan making my reservations as soon as september 2013 (Is it possible reserving disney rooms year ahead or am I too early?)
ZEEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
danceintherain
DIS Veteran
 
danceintherain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,101

Is there any specific reason why you want to have your tickets attached to your room reservation?
If you're not doing the dining plan, then you can buy your tickets separately. If you order them from a ticket broker, such as Undercover Tourist ( would wait until a few months before your trip, in case a discount through Disney is offered that requires ticket purchase) you could save some money. Otherwise, they cost the same at the gates as they do as part of a package (unless there's a specific discount).

As for booking...room only reservations can be booked up to 499 days in advance (or something like that). Packages for the following year can only be booked after the rack rate for that year is released. This usually happens in August, but I think it was earlier last year?
You should be able to book either in September of this year.
In general, you should stick with one or the other, because switching between the two requires cancellation and a new confirmation#.
__________________
~*Becca*~
Well Begun is Half Done...When Plans Go Awry: April 2013 Trip Report
Me (27) DH (27) DS (3) DD (born Feb 2014)
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #11
ZEEV
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Is there any specific reason why you want to have your tickets attached to your room reservation?
If you're not doing the dining plan, then you can buy your tickets separately. If you order them from a ticket broker, such as Undercover Tourist ( would wait until a few months before your trip, in case a discount through Disney is offered that requires ticket purchase) you could save some money. Otherwise, they cost the same at the gates as they do as part of a package (unless there's a specific discount).

As for booking...room only reservations can be booked up to 499 days in advance (or something like that). Packages for the following year can only be booked after the rack rate for that year is released. This usually happens in August, but I think it was earlier last year?
You should be able to book either in September of this year.
In general, you should stick with one or the other, because switching between the two requires cancellation and a new confirmation#.
========================
Only reason I prefer booking directly from Disney is because I don't get the chance of travelling too often to wdw and want to be as sure as possible that I get what I ordered.

My last visit in orlando was back in 2006 everything organized by a travel agent.

Stayed off site and felt I did not make good use of Disney utilities but it was OK for first two weeks long visit.

This time I emphasize a lot more on Disney atmosphere and feel it will be more convenient making all my reservations through Disney
ZEEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
split stay



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.