Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #16
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

been told it is very comfortable.

there is a skybridge that connects 5th floor BLT to 4th floor Cr - so even easier than the wings at the CR or building at the Polyn.

BLT is even closer to the MK. All of their views can (not will) have a view of the MK (really tomorrowland) - most have views one of the lakes- bay lake or seven seas.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #17
TX Momof2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
been told it is very comfortable.

there is a skybridge that connects 5th floor BLT to 4th floor Cr - so even easier than the wings at the CR or building at the Polyn.

BLT is even closer to the MK. All of their views can (not will) have a view of the MK (really tomorrowland) - most have views one of the lakes- bay lake or seven seas.
Thanks spiceycat for the info. I'm really thinking a 1br might be the way to go. We'd have more space and 2 bathrooms!

TX Momof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #18
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Momof2 View Post
Thank you mickeynut1, cfw213 and babydoll65.
You're welcome .

Quote:
Thanks for the update! Would the room be too crowded with 5? 3 adults and 2 kids??? Also, what bldg should I request?
Everyone has their own opinion, but I think the Poly rooms are very spacious. We are a family of 4, but after staying there with 4 people, I wouldn't have any trouble having 5 in a room. We haven't stayed at the CR, but the rooms at the Poly and CR are about the same size, with all rooms having a daybed .

Quote:
We've only stayed at the AKL, so the thought of staying at the Poly or CR is so exciting!
The rooms at the Poly are much larger than at AKL .

Quote:
Ok, now I'm thinking about 1br BLT, CR Tower room, or Poly CL. The only thing that concerns me is the Sleeper Chair in the 1BR....I'm not sure who'd sleep there and how comfortable it is? With Poly CL, we'd all have somewhere to go to eat/relax near the room. Also, the Poly looks SO BEAUTIFUL!
Having no experience with BLT and the sleeper chair I can't comment on that, but I do agree about CL and having some place else to go. We are trying CL at the Poly for the first time in December, but we have tried other CLs and we love having the lounge for the reason you stated. It is very nice to have some place to go to relax other than in the room or other parts of the resort. I think trying Poly CL is a good idea. The Poly is a beautiful resort and I have read great reviews of CL recently. And from what I understand, the view from the lounge is amazing .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #19
TX Momof2
Mouseketeer

Mickeynut1, thank you so much for the Club Level advice. We've never tried Club Level and I think it might solve my dilemma. I truly think Poly rooms would be big enough...the kids will be 5 & 10 on the trip, so they don't take up much space. Please let me know how it goes in December!

Old 05-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #20
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Does she even want to share a room? Whenever we travel with my mom or inlaws, they always book their own room (unless we do a 2br DVC). It is so nice to not be on top of one another.

We stayed in a 2br at Kidani, I slept on the fold out couch, DS7 (big kid) slept comfortably on the fold out chair. I would say it wasn't as comfortable as one of the actual beds, but not bad. I just didn't like having to make my bed every night/morning.

Have fun!

I love WL, always feels like home. Kidnai was great, but I would want a car to drive park to park. BLT always wows me, and is where we're staying in Dec.

I suggest sticking with either a monorail/MK resort, OR Yacht/Beach club. The kids would be over the moon with the pool, and give MIL some down time. If she gets an ECV, it also is built in strolling/exploring time for her with the Boardwalk/Epcot.

Have fun! We love traveling with family...and great memories for the kiddos.
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #21
jhryb
DIS Veteran

I would recommend renting a 1 bedroom Villa that can accomodate 5 people (try renting points on the DVC renting site). This gives you and your husband your privacy. If you MIL is okay sleeping in a single pull-out then they really are not too bad. The kids could sleep in the double pull out sofa. I also recommend Bay Lake Towers. This is my favourite DVC location.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #22
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Mickeynut1, thank you so much for the Club Level advice. We've never tried Club Level and I think it might solve my dilemma. I truly think Poly rooms would be big enough...the kids will be 5 & 10 on the trip, so they don't take up much space. Please let me know how it goes in December!
I still might recommend the CR CL. The rooms are the same size as the ones at the Poly, everything is in one building and on one level, whereas the lounge might not be on the same floor as your room at the Poly. Also, I'm pretty sure it's slightly cheaper than the Poly. The nice thing about the CR is that your mother won't have as many stairs to navigate as she would at the CR. Everything is in one building and an elevator ride away. At the Poly things are more spread out and you have to go up and down w/in the GCH and your building more to get anywhere.
chasgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #23
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

If you still want to stay at WL, you can get a Deluxe Room - CL. They sleep up to 6 and offer 2 queen beds and a queen size sleeper sofa.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #24
baler31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasgoose View Post
I still might recommend the CR CL. The rooms are the same size as the ones at the Poly, everything is in one building and on one level, whereas the lounge might not be on the same floor as your room at the Poly. Also, I'm pretty sure it's slightly cheaper than the Poly. The nice thing about the CR is that your mother won't have as many stairs to navigate as she would at the CR. Everything is in one building and an elevator ride away. At the Poly things are more spread out and you have to go up and down w/in the GCH and your building more to get anywhere.
This. The Poly can be more difficult to navigate for someone with mobility issues, especially if they are not using a scooter. You can request a room on the same floor as the lounge but those rooms do not have balconies and it would not be guaranteed. While the Poly is beautiful we prefer the service of the CL CM's at CR over Poly.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #25
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will definitely report back on our Poly CL stay in December . You would have plenty of room at the Poly since your kids are little. Good luck making a decision as I know how difficult it is choosing a resort as there are so many great options.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #26
txnana
Mouseketeer

Please do consider getting a scooter for her!!

It absolutely changed my trips to WDW. I can now travel along with my grandsons at their pace and see them enjoy everything without being in pain or a burden to anyone. She won't want to miss any of that joy of a first trip child!!

All Star Movies for a Grand Gathering, August 6-12, 2008

Art of Animation Little Mermaid Room, 14 days of Food and Wine Festival Fun with free dining, Sept 25-October 9, 2012

txnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:38 AM   #27
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the update! Would the room be too crowded with 5? 3 adults and 2 kids??? Also, what bldg should I request?

I know that you are planning CL so this may not apply to your family, but when we stayed at the Poly, we requested one of the original buildings. The rooms were larger. We had also requested a balcony but since we could not get our connecting rooms and a balcony, we got patio rooms. Best thing that we did not want! The patio was like an extra room, sheltered by beautiful plantings and so was a lovely place to relax.

If your MIL wants to relax, the quiet pools are well, quiet. We had a very short walk, just stepped off our patio and strolled a few feet to the pool. Our BLDG was Tokelau.

I am not sure how much walking your MIL will be able to manage, but if she can manage some, the Poly is awesome.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #28
TX Momof2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txnana View Post
It absolutely changed my trips to WDW. I can now travel along with my grandsons at their pace and see them enjoy everything without being in pain or a burden to anyone. She won't want to miss any of that joy of a first trip child!!
TXNana, thank you so much for the advice on the scooter. I'm definately going to ask her about it. Or, maybe, I'll just have to force her to use on some days!!! haha! I truly hope she can come with us. I don't think she's ever been to DW and I think she'd love it!

Are you in TX?

Old 05-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #29
TX Momof2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
I know that you are planning CL so this may not apply to your family, but when we stayed at the Poly, we requested one of the original buildings. The rooms were larger. We had also requested a balcony but since we could not get our connecting rooms and a balcony, we got patio rooms. Best thing that we did not want! The patio was like an extra room, sheltered by beautiful plantings and so was a lovely place to relax.

If your MIL wants to relax, the quiet pools are well, quiet. We had a very short walk, just stepped off our patio and strolled a few feet to the pool. Our BLDG was Tokelau.

I am not sure how much walking your MIL will be able to manage, but if she can manage some, the Poly is awesome.
I'm so glad to hear you liked Poly and Tokelau...we're not set on CL, just thinking about all the many options!!!

Old 05-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #30
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so glad to hear you liked Poly and Tokelau...we're not set on CL, just thinking about all the many options!!!
I don't know if it is the best option for your family, but I sure do know how convenient it was for mine. The grounds are sprawling but if your MIL wanted to hang back for the day, it is a relaxing respite that qualifies as a "vacation". We spent time at night on the beach with my DGD while the rest of the family hoped on the monorail. She was able to play in the sand while watching the little water parade. I read during the afternoon. We also used the boats for transportation as well.

We liked the Captain Cook's CS meals as well. Nice quick hot breakfast before heading out, and a good value at lunchtime if we were at teh resort.

Now any monorail resort has this convenience, but it really is a hop on the monorail to enjoy another resort. Th GF is lovely and the lobby has cozy chairs to sit and relax in. If your MIl is like me, sometimes a simple ride and then relax and enjoy people watching is an option to pass some time.

I also agree that MIL should think about an ECV, at least in Epcot and AK.
Those parks are huge and it would be a shame if she chose to stay behind rather than become exhausted.

Bonus for monorail resorts, If you and DH want to head out after teh kids are settled, maybe MIL will be willing to stay with them. I know I shooed my DD and DSIL out as often as tehy would agree! LOL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: