Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
racinjason71
Earning My Ears

Late check-in (days later)

Does anyone know the resort policy if you do not arrive at your specified date but arrive a couple days later? We are would like to take advantage of the Free dining this fall which is rumored to have a last arrival date of Sept 25th. We have planned to arrive Sept 27th. We would rather pay for two extra nights and receive free dining than pay for it out of pocket. For our entire stay.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!
racinjason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinjason71 View Post
Does anyone know the resort policy if you do not arrive at your specified date but arrive a couple days later? We are would like to take advantage of the Free dining this fall which is rumored to have a last arrival date of Sept 25th. We have planned to arrive Sept 27th. We would rather pay for two extra nights and receive free dining than pay for it out of pocket. For our entire stay.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

I do believe that your reservation is cancelled in full if you don't show up on check-in day.

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

What is the reason that you can not arrive on the 25th?
I think the PP is correct, if you do not check-in on the 25th, your reservations will be canceled & you will probably be charged a fee.
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
2012bella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
racinjason71
Earning My Ears

It's a simple matter of being unable to get off of work.

Thank you both for your answers and help!
racinjason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Your ressie will be cancelled and you will be billed the full amount.

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinjason71 View Post

I can understand that problem, sorry not much help.
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
2012bella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #7
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Is it really more economical to pay for two additional nights you won't use than to pay OOP either for meals or DDP? I can't do the math right now but it seems like it wouldn't provide THAT much of a savings.

Where do you live? If you or a relative could get there to check in on that day, that's all you'd need. Even if you don't come back until the 27th.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #8
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

It will be cancelled & you will be charged. This happened to someone in our group several years ago. They didn't show up on check-in day & they came to ask us if we knew what was going on (ressies were linked). We assumed our friends had called to make other arrangements, resort assumed they were no-shows, and friends assumed they'd just hold the ressie til they got there. Lots of mis-communications between us & friends but in the end their room was given away the day after check-in, and they did receive a bill for it.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #9
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinjason71

Unfortunately, it is not. If one books the room just to take advantage of a discount, especially free dining, and they do not show up, it is a violation of Disney policy.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #10
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post

Where do you live? If you or a relative could get there to check in on that day, that's all you'd need. Even if you don't come back until the 27th.
That wouldn't work either as the relative would have to be on the reservation in order to complete the check in.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #11
disnut8
DIS Veteran

To the OP - for "free" dining, you have to pay the full rate for the room for the entire time. Discounts haven't come out yet but you might to start looking at your numbers and see what the free dining could cost you. I've never paid rack rate for any Disney resort at any time of the year. Look at the general discounts out there now and see if that savings might be better than free dining. Also, look at the food you will be getting and the time you will spend eating versus in the parks. Free dining sounds great but look at the details and see if it works out for you. Plus, all this is just rumors right now - nothing has been announced yet.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #12
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
That wouldn't work either as the relative would have to be on the reservation in order to complete the check in.
Right... that's what I was getting at although I didn't express it. I was thinking like spouse or adult child, depending on who they were traveling with. If someone on the reservation could check them in that day, they'd be safe even if they didn't sleep there.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: