Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
DznyPrnces
Mouseketeer

CR possibly stupid question

We are staying at the Contemporary in 10 days! I just did online check in and now when I pull up my reservation on the MDE app it shows we are in the garden wing. Does it have elevators? I've never stayed there before. I have stayed at POR several times and I know some of those buildings don't have elevators. We will have a double stroller, so it matters to us. Thanks!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

yes it does

they are in the front (closest to CR)

the wing is only 3 floors

then you go to the lobby in the Tower to those elevators - go to the 4th floor - then you need to find the elevators to the monorail - this can be a problem - it was designed for hc guests - not the strollers - so it is much easier and quicker to take the escalator.

there is only one elevator (to the monorail) and it is small.

if you are going to the MK - it is easier to just walk over.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
marybogue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyPrnces View Post
We are staying at the Contemporary in 10 days! I just did online check in and now when I pull up my reservation on the MDE app it shows we are in the garden wing. Does it have elevators? I've never stayed there before. I have stayed at POR several times and I know some of those buildings don't have elevators. We will have a double stroller, so it matters to us. Thanks!
I just wanted to say

We leave in 9 days, and are also staying in the garden wing. Can't wait!

80's & 90's - Poly and Grand Floridian
October 2002 - Bay Hill
May 2013 - The Contemporary
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Old Key West
marybogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #4
1mama2three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We stayed at the Contemporary in the Garden Wing in January 2013. We stayed on the ground floor, and we also used a double stroller. The waits for the elevators up to the monorail were pretty minimal (3-5 minutes to get from the ground up to the monorail platform). It was very busy for January, so I'm not sure if it was a fluke or not. We usually left about 30-45 minutes before park opening. I heard people mention that it was harder coming down from the tower to the monorail than it was going to the monorail from the garden wing area. During the mornings we often just walked to the Magic Kingdom because it was so peaceful and the kids loved looking at the sights as we approached. In the afternoon, we'd take the monorail back to the resort (when everyone was tuckered out). We LOVED our stay there, and I hope we get to visit at least once more before our family of 6 has outgrown the resort (which is when child #4 turns 3).
Sept/Oct 2004...our honeymoon @ POP!, Disneyland off-site: July 2005, POP: Jan/Feb 2010, POP: Jan/Feb 2011, WBC/POP: May/June 2012WBC/CR GW: Jan. 2013, AKV/BLT: Jan. 2014, POR: July 2014, VGF/Old Key West: Nov/Dec 2014
1mama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #5
DznyPrnces
Mouseketeer

Great, thanks! One less thing to worry about.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:39 AM   #6
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mama2three View Post
We LOVED our stay there, and I hope we get to visit at least once more before our family of 6 has outgrown the resort (which is when child #4 turns 3).
you could always try BLT - the 1-bedroom would work for your family - you could rent from a DVC member or broker.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can also request a first floor room so at least one trip in an elevator might be avoided. Not sure the ages of your kids but you could take them out of the stroller, fold it up and use the escalator to get to the monorail (although I totally agree with the walking part to get to the Magic Kingdom). If you take the monorail TO the Magic Kingdom, you will have to make stops at the TTC, the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian - much easier to simple walk. Coming back, you would be the first stop on the monorail.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: