Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
VAB2013
Earning My Ears

Important time sensitive kids club question

We are leaving Sunday for our first cruise. I registered my son awhile ago for the kids club. I can't remember the password I put in to pick him up. I logged in tonight to change the password and it will not let me access that section. Is that normal for access to be cut off two days before the cruise? If so, how do I change the password to something else? Thank you for any help you can provide.
VAB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
We are leaving Sunday for our first cruise. I registered my son awhile ago for the kids club. I can't remember the password I put in to pick him up. I logged in tonight to change the password and it will not let me access that section. Is that normal for access to be cut off two days before the cruise? If so, how do I change the password to something else? Thank you for any help you can provide.
Yes, any changes to reservations must be done earlier than 3 days prior to cruise start. You'll have to go to the kids club onboard and make the change.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
VAB2013
Earning My Ears

That's funny because it let me update my credit card just now but not the password for my son. Where do I go to update the password on board? Do I just do it the first time I drop him off at the kids club? Will the cast members look at me funny and think it's weird that the parent can't remember the password she put in???
Old 05-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Will the cast members look at me funny and think it's weird that the parent can't remember the password she put in???
No. I would bet that it happens ALL the time.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's funny because it let me update my credit card just now but not the password for my son. Where do I go to update the password on board? Do I just do it the first time I drop him off at the kids club? Will the cast members look at me funny and think it's weird that the parent can't remember the password she put in???
They will look at you funny and not allow you to check your child back out if you check him in without changing it to something you know before he goes in. I stood at the desk outside the nursery for close to ten minutes on our first cruise trying to remember the password I had entered months earlier. The CM waited very patiently, but it was clear there was no way she was going to release a child without the correct password or eventual intervention from a higher authority level. Same thing happens at the clubs.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #6
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAB2013
On my first cruise I forgot the password I had entered months before too...and I stood there and stood there. Finally the CM gave ne a tiny hint by saying "its something you might do with your children" and I remembered (on that particular cruise it was the name of a boardgame I had selected for my password).

Had I not guessed it right away i'm sure they would've had to get someone higher up. They never prompted me to simply change my password. Maybe if I asked prior to dropping the kids off then it would've been easier, but I dropped them without realizing I had forgotten it

DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
mom2aidanNpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #7
MCO mama
Mouseketeer

On boarding day at the port, there will be a line to get kids club bracelets. Get in this line & the person will ask you if you remember the password you previously selected. I am sure they can change it for you at that point if you don't remember.
MCO mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #8
VAB2013
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone. The first time I drop him off I will ask to change it before I leave him at the club.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:52 PM   #9
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
They will look at you funny ...
They really looked at you funny? That's weird. I saw people each time we picked up DS trying to figure out their password, and each time the CMs were perfectly nice and kind. They needed the password, and gave hints to the one person I was close enough to listen to, and they were strict about it (strict when they were giving hints? is that really strict?), but they had a protocol and procedure for it, which means it's not a rare occurrence.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:55 PM   #10
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post

They really looked at you funny? That's weird
I was trying to BE funny. Clearly did not work.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:59 PM   #11
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

If you forget your password for you children, will DCL not release them to you? Will they keep them, comfort them, and feed them for the duration, if I fail to recall the password? Should I tip them if they keep them for the duration and feed them. We will eat dinner with them occasionally. Or should I leave them there for dinner. My tips cover them I've heard. We have plans at the adult only restaurants. Where can I leave my kids all night?

Last edited by Bear3412; 05-04-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:30 AM   #12
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Did I get you? Wasn't that PP funny? I was just jiving you guys. Sorry couldn't resist again.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:37 AM   #13
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412 View Post
If you forget your password for you children, will DCL not release them to you? Will they keep them, comfort them, and feed them for the duration, if I fail to recall the password? Should I tip them if they keep them for the duration and feed them. We will eat dinner with them occasionally. Or should I leave them there for dinner. My tips cover them I've heard. We have plans at the adult only restaurants. Where can I leave my kids all night?
Actually this made me laugh. With my 1st I was reluctant to leave her in the nursery even for an hour. Now I have 2 and if I forget my password (which I have, now that you guys have brought it up), I might overnight them. "Good night guys, let me know how they were in the morning. The baby likes a diaper change at 4:30 am, she's a heavy wetter."

OP--the one time I forgot they gave me a big fat hint.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:07 AM   #14
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
They really looked at you funny? That's weird. I saw people each time we picked up DS trying to figure out their password, and each time the CMs were perfectly nice and kind. They needed the password, and gave hints to the one person I was close enough to listen to, and they were strict about it (strict when they were giving hints? is that really strict?), but they had a protocol and procedure for it, which means it's not a rare occurrence.
Even many things online like bank accounts have security questions if you've forgotten your password. Perhaps rather than hints, DCL should have a couple of security questions you answer so that if you forget the password they can ask one or both of those to verify identity.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #15
Jareds_mommy
DIS Veteran

LOL we forgot our password 2 weeks ago, when you take them to get the bracelet tell them you forgot, and you can change it right then and there.

Jareds_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: