Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #166
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

A very wise friend advocates drinking while sick, "Must create a hostile environment for the pathogens!"

Jill in CO
Old 04-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #167
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Great update! Glad to see your lovely bride killing off the virus
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #168
Brixton
From the world's best Eco-Village all the way to the Wonder

Thanks for coming back to the canal, DZ! We have mixology 2 days in a row next month; we'll have to prepare for the onslaught. At least we have Sea Days to recover

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #169
DisneyZell
Likes Adventures on the High Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
A very wise friend advocates drinking while sick, "Must create a hostile environment for the pathogens!"

Jill in CO
I love that! Not sure she would have gone for it the day before, but it definitely worked that day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
Great update! Glad to see your lovely bride killing off the virus
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixton View Post
Thanks for coming back to the canal, DZ! We have mixology 2 days in a row next month; we'll have to prepare for the onslaught. At least we have Sea Days to recover
You will really enjoy it. and be hammered. but that's what cruises are for, right? your not driving so en joy yourself!

thanks for the kind comments everyone!

DZ
DisneyZell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #170
MelSpees
Mouseketeer

Smile

I've been enjoying this. DH and I are going on the EBPC this September. Looking forward to our first DCL cruise!

DW Author DH Retired USN Officer and Teacher 1st time DCL Cruisers
MelSpees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #171
dededisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelSpees View Post
I've been enjoying this. DH and I are going on the EBPC this September. Looking forward to our first DCL cruise!
You will have a great time...and if you are lucky, DH might finish this TR in time for your cruise
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:23 AM   #172
MelSpees
Mouseketeer

It looks like you guys have such a great time. I wish we could travel with friends like you. Have fun on your next adventure.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #173
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Hi Drew and Deanna! Susan and I enjoyed meeting and cruising with you and are also enjoying reliving it through your TR. Perhaps we'll see you again on another cruise.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #174
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Nice to see you back. Somehow I wasn't updated that you had not fallen off the edge of the earth.
OOOooohhh mixology class looks just like something for me.
We shall see what they offer in December.

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #175
davidls
DIS Veteran

Been following your trip report Drew. You are doing a fantastic job. DW and I are booked for the East Bound Panama Canal crossing for 2014..........a ways off!!! We were wondering if you and your wife did any of the behind the scenes tours? Like the bridge tour, the galley tour, or the entertainment tour? And do you know how you sign up for one or all of these tours?

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #176
dededisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Been following your trip report Drew. You are doing a fantastic job. DW and I are booked for the East Bound Panama Canal crossing for 2014..........a ways off!!! We were wondering if you and your wife did any of the behind the scenes tours? Like the bridge tour, the galley tour, or the entertainment tour? And do you know how you sign up for one or all of these tours?
We did not do any of those tours on this cruise, but we have done them on previous Disney cruises. They don't offer a bridge tour anymore...DH and DS did it years ago when they were still offered, but you can't do them now. We have done the galley tour and I did an entertainment tour which we enjoyed. You sign up at guest services and they will tell you which tours are offered during your cruise and when. I would go to check them out as soon as you board as once they fill up, you are out of luck. Hope that helps.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #177
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dededisney View Post
We did not do any of those tours on this cruise, but we have done them on previous Disney cruises. They don't offer a bridge tour anymore...DH and DS did it years ago when they were still offered, but you can't do them now. We have done the galley tour and I did an entertainment tour which we enjoyed. You sign up at guest services and they will tell you which tours are offered during your cruise and when. I would go to check them out as soon as you board as once they fill up, you are out of luck. Hope that helps.
Thanks Deanna, this was a big help. I appreciate you letting me know how to go about signing up.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #178
MelSpees
Mouseketeer

I appreciate it also. Our trip is this September.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #179
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

We're back from our Royal Caribbean TransAtlantic cruise, and had a spectacular time. I know we talked to a lot of people while we were on the EBPC and said that we would be doing the Disney TA, but it didn't work out due to some work conflicts. Our cruise was great, and the weather in London once we got there was just incredible. It was over 80 degrees F. and sunny every day! Once I get those pictures organized, I'll post a link here for anyone who might be interested. I plan on writing a comparison of the two experiences, but that may take a little while. Today is my first day back at work, and while I was only gone three weeks, my desk looks like I was gone for three years!

Beth
Old 05-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #180
dededisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952 View Post
We're back from our Royal Caribbean TransAtlantic cruise, and had a spectacular time. I know we talked to a lot of people while we were on the EBPC and said that we would be doing the Disney TA, but it didn't work out due to some work conflicts. Our cruise was great, and the weather in London once we got there was just incredible. It was over 80 degrees F. and sunny every day! Once I get those pictures organized, I'll post a link here for anyone who might be interested. I plan on writing a comparison of the two experiences, but that may take a little while. Today is my first day back at work, and while I was only gone three weeks, my desk looks like I was gone for three years!

Beth
I would love to hear about your cruise and see pictures. We want to take a Royal Caribbean cruise sometime...just don't know when it will happen! Glad to hear you had a great time and the weather was good for you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: