Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #2506
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kad517 View Post
They now have 2 different specials every night. They have rotisserie chicken tonight and I'm not sure of the other special. They also changed the kids nuggets to be real chicken, those are good
Thanks so much for the info! We'll be arriving tomorrow in our bright, matching tie dye Mickey head shirts ! WOHOOOOO!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #2507
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFoley View Post
Love this thread!! Can't wait for October for our first stay here!!
to the DIS and the POP Century FAQ thread!! Stick around, plenty of great info and fun to be found here.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #2508
Hielostar
The Red Comet of Zeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Hielostar, sorry that the food has just been so-so (can't wait to get to POP and try it out myself ) We tradionally do not eat a lot of meals at POP... breakfasts mostly (and we love the chocolate croissants!), and snacks in the evening (we are more park people and eat our CS out). Will be interesting to read what other POPers think...(and we do have several POPers heading out this month and next).
Yeah, I think we are going to have out CS out at the parks for lunch before leaving to head back to POP for our afternoon break and do evening snacks, as we have a few snacks in the room from our "International Drive Convenience Store Run" (We have a car for this trip since we'll be over at the Dark Side for a couple of days too). I'm definitely enjoying lounging by the Hippy Dippy pool (the sun actually stayed out for most of the day - only really started raining in the evening) and already have had a refreshing Banana Cabana over at Petals! :D
Old 05-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #2509
momtob&t
Earning My Ears

We have been here since Tuesday. It was quiet but has definitely gotten busier since lunch time yesterday but as mentioned, most of them are cheerleading people. We were resort hopping today on a Hidden Mickey hunt so it didnt' affect us too much. We didn't even notice the menu change although I did get a peek and saw chicken and dumplings which I hadn't noticed before. Thought it was strange but didn't look at any of the other stations to notice the changes.

I've been rather disappointed with the room service. I think our room was lighly vacuumed and the tub washed but that's it. :-( Still tooth paste by the sink and a couple of other things I noticed weren't touched.

On a positive note, the sun was out for most of the day which was GREAT! The past few days have definitely not been the greatest! Looking at the forcast for the next 3 of our trip has me hopeful that I MIGHT get a bit of colour to go home with.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #2510
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hielostar View Post
Yeah, I think we are going to have out CS out at the parks for lunch before leaving to head back to POP for our afternoon break and do evening snacks, as we have a few snacks in the room from our "International Drive Convenience Store Run" (We have a car for this trip since we'll be over at the Dark Side for a couple of days too). I'm definitely enjoying lounging by the Hippy Dippy pool (the sun actually stayed out for most of the day - only really started raining in the evening) and already have had a refreshing Banana Cabana over at Petals! :D
Sounds like a good plan... so many great CS places to choose in Disney. We did a Disney/Dark side trip a few years back.... loved the WWoHP...in a perfect world we would have Harry in HS.

Enjoy the trip to the Dark side but make sure to come back!!

from some sun and spirts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtob&t View Post
We have been here since Tuesday. It was quiet but has definitely gotten busier since lunch time yesterday but as mentioned, most of them are cheerleading people. We were resort hopping today on a Hidden Mickey hunt so it didnt' affect us too much. We didn't even notice the menu change although I did get a peek and saw chicken and dumplings which I hadn't noticed before. Thought it was strange but didn't look at any of the other stations to notice the changes.

I've been rather disappointed with the room service. I think our room was lighly vacuumed and the tub washed but that's it. :-( Still tooth paste by the sink and a couple of other things I noticed weren't touched.

On a positive note, the sun was out for most of the day which was GREAT! The past few days have definitely not been the greatest! Looking at the forcast for the next 3 of our trip has me hopeful that I MIGHT get a bit of colour to go home with.
momtob&t, your hidden mickey hunt sounds like fun! Hoping the sun sticks around for you and all the other POPers currently there or soon to be arriving.

Suggest you call housekeeping and explain your concerns (or go to the front desk in AM) so it can be addressed while you are there.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #2511
tlpbupu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFoley View Post
Love this thread!! Can't wait for October for our first stay here!!

Us too! When are you going?

Off site: 1991, 2001
ASMo; 2003, 2010
Pop: 2013

Old 05-03-2013, 10:49 PM   #2512
Timsierramist
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hielostar, sorry that the food has just been so-so (can't wait to get to POP and try it out myself ) We tradionally do not eat a lot of meals at POP... breakfasts mostly (and we love the chocolate croissants!), and snacks in the evening (we are more park people and eat our CS out). Will be interesting to read what other POPers think...(and we do have several POPers heading out this month and next).
I'm a Disneyland vet headed to WDW for the 1st time. It's always been a financial thing, not a "I don't want to go" thing for me.

Anyways, my standards are pretty low, but i'll be checking-in in about 36 hours and I'll see how the meals taste. I plan to only eat breakfast at POP, but if the crowds get as intense and annoying as it sounds, maybe i'll just head to the parks to eat. I'd rather spend as much time in the parks enjoying the attractions and scenery. Since i'm only planning on eating counter service, the food will be there so that I have the energy to keep moving, lol.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:37 PM   #2513
AuroraRora
Princess

This is my 3rd day and I've been out at the parks so much that I've yet to get to the food court or get a refillable mug - tonight I remembered Pop is famous for the tie-dye cheesecake and I've yet to get any!

There's definitely a big kids group here, in the lobby they have a separate check-in area with signs all over the place saying its for Varsity Competition check-in.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
Old 05-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #2514
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timsierramist View Post
Anyways, my standards are pretty low, but i'll be checking-in in about 36 hours and I'll see how the meals taste. I plan to only eat breakfast at POP, but if the crowds get as intense and annoying as it sounds, maybe i'll just head to the parks to eat. I'd rather spend as much time in the parks enjoying the attractions and scenery. Since i'm only planning on eating counter service, the food will be there so that I have the energy to keep moving, lol.
I think you will be happy with the food at Pop. If you eat, or go get, breakfast between 6 and 8, you should find it will be a nicer, quieter experience. Approaching 8am and after is when Everything Pop gets much busier for breakfast.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 05-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #2515
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Does anyone know if the store at POP sells coffee cream? Not creamer, but actual cream? I know they sell milk, so if they also sell cream I'm set and don't have to do a grocery run.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #2516
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
Does anyone know if the store at POP sells coffee cream? Not creamer, but actual cream? I know they sell milk, so if they also sell cream I'm set and don't have to do a grocery run.
Unless selections have changed, I am pretty sure cream is not sold. This easywdw photo report has details of the fridge cases and at that time I cannot spot any cream.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 05-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #2517
figment5
Earning My Ears

My DD 10 and DD 8 are looking forward to their PoP! waffles soon. The end of May will not get here fast enough! We have been watching a Disney movie every night since we hit 30 days out!

Me DH DD(18) DD(10) DD(8)
Old 05-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #2518
DianaPrince
Mouseketeer

Weve stayed at Pop a few times over the years. I never asked but they used to have a frozen coke machine near soda machines few years ago. anyone know why or when exactly they took it out? My boys loved it!

Me DH DS 9 DS 5 DD 2 DD 4 months
Old 05-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #2519
seadd67
DIS Veteran

The food court at POP Is super good!,ok IMO(I admit i see everything through the Mouses sunglasses,sorry) i have not eaten anything there that I would say was,i would not try again. We get off to such a early start we hardly ever notice the crowds In the food court. It seems after 7am the folks start to build up in the food court, we have not eaten there for Breakfast that much but will try it more this trip, any food suggestions?. I am trying to convert my self to a CS person, its not going so well. I am thinking of doing a CS lunch with a TS dinner.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #2520
shoes99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
If you are visiting a resort that has a DVC property attached, they will have half n half in their refrigerator section.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: