Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #1216
1mama2three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MET270 View Post
Has anyone stayed in a garden view room recently? My DW and I will be staying at CR in a garden view room Aug 1-8, and I'm a little worried. There are several poor reviews in trip advisor from recent visitors regarding cleanliness of the rooms.
We stayed at CR in a garden view room at the end of January for 5 nights. I loved the room & the view and I didn't have any issue with the room not being cleaned. It was always cleaned (& vacuumed) by the time we returned to the room. I know the kids tracked sand in from the beach a couple of times, and it was always gone by the next day. We REALLY enjoyed our stay there!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #1217
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
California Grill Chef Shares Some New Dishes for Restaurant’s Fall Debut at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.

I also have a link to Chef Brian's CG Tweets/photos on the first page. The hyperlink above also includes some rehab details.
Thank you so much for these links! I bookmarked the twitter page, it will be fun to follow through the summer and into the fall.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #1218
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

I tried to switch our reservation this month from the Poly to CR, but all that was available was TPV CL and it would be about $400 more to switch. Looks like we will have to wait for October to stay here.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #1219
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mama2three View Post
We stayed at CR in a garden view room at the end of January for 5 nights. I loved the room & the view and I didn't have any issue with the room not being cleaned. It was always cleaned (& vacuumed) by the time we returned to the room. I know the kids tracked sand in from the beach a couple of times, and it was always gone by the next day. We REALLY enjoyed our stay there!
Do you mean garden wing room? We are considering this for our next trip in 2014.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #1220
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoreds View Post

Does it need to be folded? I recall there were several places for our jogging stroller to fit, opened...like just inside the door (since you aren't opened up to a 2br) or inside the master, on the wall with the drawers/TV. There is a closet that houses the highchairs/PNP, so if folded and tucked away is needed, you could put it in there.
Thank you for the info! No, it does not need to be folded. I just want it to be out of the way and not "visual clutter."

Have a Holly Jolly Disney! A Dec 2013 PTR

Family Trips:

Disneyland 2005 (Candy Cane Inn)
Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Solo Trips: impossible to quantify...I've lived in both Orlando and Southern California!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #1221
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
This may sound silly but is there enough room in a closet (not in the master bedroom) to store a folded up jogging stroller?
I think it depends on what side of the C you are located. We were inside the C and our "closet" with the washer and dryer was plenty big for a stroller to be stored. We kept our luggage in there along with our big wheeled cooler that we hauled in the car.

The master bedroom closet was tiny.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #1222
1mama2three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Do you mean garden wing room? We are considering this for our next trip in 2014.
Yes, that's what I meant...garden wing/garden view at CR. Thanks for catching that.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #1223
CoolPool
DIS Veteran

Ok I've started to get a little concerned with the "waiting for elevators" references in the tower. How bad is it really? I do have a child that does not enjoy elevators but I can usually jolly him along. Would like some recent honest experiences, please. I am so looking forward to CR but I'm starting to second guess due to the elevators. If it makes any difference at all, we are staying Atrium level but I do not know if those floors have separate elevators. Thanks so much...looking for reassurance.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:22 PM   #1224
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolPool View Post
Ok I've started to get a little concerned with the "waiting for elevators" references in the tower. How bad is it really? I do have a child that does not enjoy elevators but I can usually jolly him along. Would like some recent honest experiences, please. I am so looking forward to CR but I'm starting to second guess due to the elevators. If it makes any difference at all, we are staying Atrium level but I do not know if those floors have separate elevators. Thanks so much...looking for reassurance.
We stayed at the Contemporary last year for the first time, & I was worried about this as well. And it wasn't a problem at all!

Out of our 10 days, there was only 1 time we had to wait. We waited on our floor w/ some people who were there for a convention for about 10 minutes for an elevator - it was about 6ish. That night, there were a lot of "extra" people there for a convention.

And there was one time when we were trying to go up to our room, & there was a huge crowd of people in the lobby. So we had to wait for a 3rd elevator. It was about 7ish.

I had been worried about after the fireworks, when everyone was trying to get back to their rooms at the same time, but it wasn't a problem at all.

We were actually pleasantly surprised by the elevator service. Granted, it's a bigger resort, so the elevators took longer getting from the top floor down to the bottom. When we stayed at the WL, the elevators were faster, but it's a smaller resort.

There aren't separate elevators for the Atrium level (I don't think) - you just slide your room card to access the Atrium level, if I remember correctly.

Anyway, we loved the Contemporary & are staying there again this year!

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 12 years) (DS, 4 years)
Old 05-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #1225
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31 View Post
We stayed at the Contemporary last year for the first time, & I was worried about this as well. And it wasn't a problem at all!

Out of our 10 days, there was only 1 time we had to wait. We waited on our floor w/ some people who were there for a convention for about 10 minutes for an elevator - it was about 6ish. That night, there were a lot of "extra" people there for a convention.

And there was one time when we were trying to go up to our room, & there was a huge crowd of people in the lobby. So we had to wait for a 3rd elevator. It was about 7ish.

I had been worried about after the fireworks, when everyone was trying to get back to their rooms at the same time, but it wasn't a problem at all.

We were actually pleasantly surprised by the elevator service. Granted, it's a bigger resort, so the elevators took longer getting from the top floor down to the bottom. When we stayed at the WL, the elevators were faster, but it's a smaller resort.

There aren't separate elevators for the Atrium level (I don't think) - you just slide your room card to access the Atrium level, if I remember correctly.

Anyway, we loved the Contemporary & are staying there again this year!
We haven't been since December 2010, but we have stayed in the CR tower from 7th through 12th floor 6 or 7 times in the past 10 years and have had very similar experiences as what Wendy31 describes. No real issues while we have visited.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:55 AM   #1226
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

We just got back and I seriously don't understand all the grumbling about the CR elevators. The waiting times were no worse than any other elevators I've been on. However, I will say that we were on the 10th floor and there were more than a few times that we pushed the button to go down and it would light up but then the light would go off. I don't understand it, but we learned to really keep an eye on the lights and make sure they stayed lit.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #1227
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, that's what I meant...garden wing/garden view at CR. Thanks for catching that.
No problem
We are thinking of booking here too for next trip. we loved the poly but want to try a new resort and the walking to mk is a huge perk!!

We are thinking of booking garden wing and then if any discounts upgrading to the tower.

when are u going??
Old 05-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #1228
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Hi everyone, we leave for four nights in a Bay Lake Tower one-bedroom tomorrow! Let me know if anyone has any questions or needs anything tracked down while I'm there.
Have a great vacation, Missy! Those BLT villas are fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MET270 View Post
Has anyone stayed in a garden view room recently? My DW and I will be staying at CR in a garden view room Aug 1-8, and I'm a little worried. There are several poor reviews in trip advisor from recent visitors regarding cleanliness of the rooms.
UGH, those Tripadvisor reviews can get your head spinning. I read them, too and have worried about negative reviews. One thing I find that helps "ground me" after reading them, is I also read reviews for resorts I've stayed at that I know I love and would keep returning to. This gives me a better perspective on the reviews and reminds me not to take every review as seriously.

Some housekeepers are better than others and some resorts are in better shape. The GW is currently undergoing the same soft rehab that the Tower had, so that will done before your visit and should make you feel better. I think you'll really like the GW and CR.

I haven't stayed in the GW recently, but hopefully someone else will post and allay your fears. Always remember, too that if something in your room isn't right, try to bring it to the attention of management. Look the room over before your unpack (at any resort) and if it's not acceptable, walk (don't call the call center) back to the front desk and discuss switching rooms or fixing the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
This may sound silly but is there enough room in a closet (not in the master bedroom) to store a folded up jogging stroller?
As was already posted, there is tons of room to leave the stroller intact and out of the way in the one bedroom. In front of this closet, which is right next to the entry door, is a bit of an alcove where the connecting door is and a wall (with the laundry behind it) and it would be perfect for a stroller (we stored our suitcases there). But, if you want it in the entry closet, here is what it looks like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
LOL!!!! DH doesn't even like driving to Fort Lauderdale for dinner But a fall weekend trip just to get our Disney fix may be needed.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Yep, having to get on 95 either here in NoVA or Boca is no fun with all the traffic. A Fall trip sounds perfect!
Old 05-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #1229
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Thank you so much for these links! I bookmarked the twitter page, it will be fun to follow through the summer and into the fall.
You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I tried to switch our reservation this month from the Poly to CR, but all that was available was TPV CL and it would be about $400 more to switch. Looks like we will have to wait for October to stay here.
...Or maybe you could keep calling for a BLV CL room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
I think it depends on what side of the C you are located. We were inside the C and our "closet" with the washer and dryer was plenty big for a stroller to be stored. We kept our luggage in there along with our big wheeled cooler that we hauled in the car.

The master bedroom closet was tiny.
Yep, The MBR closet has that safe in the middle of the floor which takes away room:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolPool View Post
They've been working on them for a while now so I suspect they aren't having as many issues anymore. When we last stayed there (2010) they were having problems going to the 12th floor. There was one elevator that we knew not to take because the CL key wouldn't work in it. Even the Bellman had to use a different elevator. I suspect this has finally been fixed and other than that problem, we didn't encounter any other issues. Don't let the elevators worry you - you're going to have a wonderful time and you won't give them a second thought when you're there. It's an amazing resort, but no resort is perfect, but CR/BLT come close!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #1230
MET270
Mouseketeer

Quote:

That makes me feel better, thank you!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: