Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
dchronister
Mouseketeer

What do to?

We rented points for a 2 bedroom the first week of December, there was 8 of us going and now someone else has said that they want to go. I know that sometimes if you rent a one bedroom with points that you can actually put 5 people in it, since we are renting points, can we put 9 people in our room, will disney say anything to us about it. This wasn't the plan and i don't want to rent another room for one person, who isn't old enough to stay by their self anyway. We have a 6 year old in our group, who will be sleeping with her parents in the master bdrm, in the king size bed, then 2 21 years old sharing a bed, me and dd17 sharing a bed and dd15 and her dbff 15 on the couch pullout, so everyone comfortably has a bed. Everything is already paid for so it isn't like we can just call and switch things up.
dchronister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #2
goopysolelady
DIS Veteran

Can't say for sure but I don't see a problem. There were 7 of us in a 2 bedroom at Bay Lake Tower and we would have had room for 2 more easily. If I'm not mistaken, there was also a chair that converted to a single "bed" in the common area. Maybe someone else can answer for sure or you may want to contact the people you rented the points from and ask them. Just make sure you register everyone when you check in. Good luck!
1978 1st trip-off site; 1981 Howard Johnson/LBV; 1983 Poly; 1985 Poly; 1987 Poly; 1990 Caribbean Beach/Poly; 1993 with HS Band-Holiday Inn Sun Spree/Poly; 1994 HS Band trip to Austria/Germany; 1995 Embassy Suites LBV/Poly; 1996 DD 1st solo trip w/best friend; 1998 HS Band-Quality Inn; 2000-Off site-Vacation Home; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2008 Poly; 2009 Wilderness Lodge; 2010 Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Towers; 2012 Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas; 2013 Art of Animation; 2014 Caribbean Beach
goopysolelady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 05:44 AM   #3
keaster
DIS Veteran

Which resort are you at?

DCL Gold, Baby!
Caribbean Magic - February 2009
Bahamas Wonder - September 2009
Mediterranean Magic - May 2010
Mexico Wonder - March 2011
Bahamas Dream - July 2011
Caribbean Fantasy - March 2013

Our DVC Adventures!AKL Jambo - March 2012/AKL Kidani - August 2012/BLT - March 2013/SSR Treehouse - August 2013/AKL Kidani - March 2014/VGF - June 2014
keaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

At BLT, OKW, and AKV (except for the value villas), you'll have a sleeper chair in the living room, and those two-bedroom villas 'officially' sleep 9.

All other DVC 2-bedrooms have sleeping spaces for 8, but when booked on points, Member Services has been allowing 9. Just be aware that no extra bedding will be provided for the extra person.

Let the member you booked with know about the extra person, so they can get them added to the reservation.
Lynne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
dchronister
Mouseketeer

We are at WLV. I know we can sleep ok, but I just didn't want to "get in trouble with Disney", and my DBinL may end up not going. I won't need extra bedding, everyone will have a place to sleep, I was just afraid that official I just couldn't do it, but I kept thinking that if we rented points, maybe I could swing it. If I had known that 9 of us were going, I would have gotten different lodging in the first place. We are hardly in the room anyway so I'm not real concerned with us being to crowded. We vacation together alot so we kinda of all have a shower schedule, so we will be ok on that end of it.
dchronister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #6
crazybones27
DVC Member

You should be ok. Ask the owner to add the extra person to the room reservation. Most likely member services will tell the owner that you will need to provide your own bedding or aerobed since they won't assume the 6yr old is sleeping in the master.
crazybones27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
6disneykids
Mouseketeer

I don't think that VWL can accommodate 9, unless you have a child under the age of 2. I would be prepared to hear no.

Also if you were going to get the DDP for all in villa that could be a problem too.

I would contact the person you rented from ASAP to check on that. I think now you are in the 7 month window now, so if you need somewhere that can accommodate 9, the member may still be able to get it for you.

Last edited by 6disneykids; 05-03-2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: added more
6disneykids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: