Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
gayles
DIS Veteran
 
gayles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 739

Question Confused about fass pass benefit?

Plan to stay on site -- Confused about Do I pay extra for the 89.00 per pp per day for a Fass Pass .... wow that's alot of extra ????? 2 adults 2 (under 10 Kid's ) Do they have a Dining Plan also ????? I'd like to get a Package .... Maybe someone could tell me in a more Simple way --- TYIA
__________________
Sept 2009--Poly
April 2010--Contemporary
November 2010-Wilderness Lodge
November 2011-Wilderness Lodge
October 2012- Poly
October 2013 - Universal
March 2014 Wilderness Lodge
October 2014 Animal Kingdom

gayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,047

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayles View Post
Plan to stay on site -- Confused about Do I pay extra for the 89.00 per pp per day for a Fass Pass .... wow that's alot of extra ????? 2 adults 2 (under 10 Kid's ) Do they have a Dining Plan also ????? I'd like to get a Package .... Maybe someone could tell me in a more Simple way --- TYIA
If you are staying at the Royal Pacific, Hard Rock or Portofino Bay, then the unlimited express pass is free for you.

We don't advise the dining plan here. It only includes 3 restaurants in each park and they are all counter service restaurants. There are many much better places to eat at the parks, hotels and Citywalk.

Skip the packages and get your tickets through www.undercovertourist.com and book your room here: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/bookin...BH,UEHRH,UERPR
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
goodferry
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ligonier, PA
Posts: 2,878

The Express Pass benefit is included with your Universal hotel reservation (not the preferred hotels, just Hard Rock, Royal Pacific and Portofino Bay offer this benefit). It includes unlimited front of the line access for all attractions that have it (Forbidden Journey, for example, doesn't allow have Express pass access but most rides do) There is no additional fee, all you do is show your room key to get access.
There is also an Express pass that you can purchase, that you mentioned, that is rather expensive and unless you buy the really expensive version it only allows you to the front of the line once.
We have never purchased the dining plan, I understand it includes a limited number of counter service restaurants only and it's not that great of a deal.
__________________
goodferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!
 
Bluer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
The Express Pass benefit is included with your Universal hotel reservation (not the preferred hotels, just Hard Rock, Royal Pacific and Portofino Bay offer this benefit). It includes unlimited front of the line access for all attractions that have it (Forbidden Journey, for example, doesn't allow have Express pass access but most rides do) There is no additional fee, all you do is show your room key to get access.
There is also an Express pass that you can purchase, that you mentioned, that is rather expensive and unless you buy the really expensive version it only allows you to the front of the line once.
We have never purchased the dining plan, I understand it includes a limited number of counter service restaurants only and it's not that great of a deal.
It's no longer your room key. You take your room key to a kiosk in the hotel lobby. The kiosk will take your photo and print out a express pass. This is what you now show at the rude entrances to be scanned.

The bar code on your room key and express pass is the same. But the TM will not scan the room key, or not suppose to.
__________________
Royal Pacific is our second home. Portofino Bay is a close second now.
We stopped counting, too many trips. *
Bluer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #5
shoney
DIS Veteran
 
shoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,358

You get express pass benefits for all of the days you stay...including check in and check out day.

You do not get admission to the parks though. You must purchase admission tickets. The amount of days and if you want park to park benefits is up to you.

You do not need to do this in a package.
shoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
DryCreek
Peter Pan (never grows up)
 
DryCreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 211

Are they really, rude?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer101 View Post
This is what you now show at the rude entrances to be scanned.
As for me, I'll demand that they be polite......


J/K. (U next to I, a typo, I get it. But it did look kinda funny!).

Last edited by DryCreek; 05-02-2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: added color
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #7
goodferry
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ligonier, PA
Posts: 2,878

You learn something new every day! I didn't know they had changed that procedure, they just scanned our room key when we went in Feb. 2012. Thanks!
__________________
goodferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 44,764

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
You learn something new every day! I didn't know they had changed that procedure, they just scanned our room key when we went in Feb. 2012. Thanks!
We were there at that time, too. If I recall correctly it was almost immediately after we got home from our trip that they started installing the kiosks!

It's one-more-piece-of-paper to bring in, but it works out fine.


gayles, did your questions get answered?

Your rate at the hotel will include your stay and the unlimited express pass for everyone in your room. Starts the moment you check in and goes until midnight the day you check out. You also get Early Entrance every morning to Wizarding World; one hour before the park opens to the public. This helps you with Ollivanders and Forbidden Journey, because those are two of the three that aren't included with Express Pass. (Jurassic Park's Pteranodon Flyers is the third)

The only thing extra you need are tickets, which you can buy wherever you want.

This page should take you to Universal's info page about the Meal Deal.
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:23 AM   #9
bkny
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry
You learn something new every day! I didn't know they had changed that procedure, they just scanned our room key when we went in Feb. 2012. Thanks!
I was there last year and asked at checkin why the change in procedure. Remember the express pass is also good on the date you check out. They were finding guests that were checking out selling their express pass to those not staying on property. It must have been a huge problem for them to change the entire procedure but it was really a simple process to walk up to the kiosk and get your pic taken.
bkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #10
hpriamson
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
As for me, I'll demand that they be polite......


J/K. (U next to I, a typo, I get it. But it did look kinda funny!).
Actually, we did hit a pretty rude employee at IOA few weeks ago. We're a family of 5, and were getting on Forbidden Journey. We wanted to have my wife ride with the 3 kids, for the picture, since we had already gotten a picture of me with the kids. But as soon as we said "five", the attendant REQUIRED that we split 3 and 2. I instantly said, "then it's just four, I'll ride alone", but she utterly refused to budge, and threatened to throw us off the ride if 4 of us tried to get on the same bench, even when we explained that we wanted the picture that way. I should have complained, but it was our last day there.
hpriamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #11
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead
 
patster734's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Raytown, Missouri
Posts: 2,630

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkny View Post
I was there last year and asked at checkin why the change in procedure. Remember the express pass is also good on the date you check out. They were finding guests that were checking out selling their express pass to those not staying on property. It must have been a huge problem for them to change the entire procedure but it was really a simple process to walk up to the kiosk and get your pic taken.
The Cabana Bay Beach Resort opens next year as an onsite hotel which doesn't include express pass. I suspect that Universal wanted to implement the new express pass process and get all of the kinks out prior to that opening.
__________________


Plans to skip HHNs this year in favor of attending the Christmas holiday activities.
patster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #12
CerysG
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 363

So does everyone in your party get their picture taken or just one of you? There are 5 of us and we are staying at the HRH....so excited about staying here and getting this express pass and early entry to Harry Potter! We have 4 days at the parks as my kids loved it last time and wanted to go more days this time around. I expect we will be riding everything lots of time.
CerysG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #13
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,047

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerysG View Post
So does everyone in your party get their picture taken or just one of you? There are 5 of us and we are staying at the HRH....so excited about staying here and getting this express pass and early entry to Harry Potter! We have 4 days at the parks as my kids loved it last time and wanted to go more days this time around. I expect we will be riding everything lots of time.
Each person will have their own card with their own picture.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.