Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
bspears88
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 38

MK bridal portrait bouquet question

For our wedding we are going with an outside florist. We are getting Married on a Thursday and our MK bridal portrait session is on that Saturday. I am wondering if I should just pay and get a silk bouquet from Disney or try and keep mine? I don't know how good it will look 2 days after the wedding though? We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside and I am not even sure if there are mini fridges in the room that I could keep my bouquet?
Any advice or experiences? If I was going with disney florist I would probably just pay to have it refreshed, but since we are not I am not sure what to do? Would I be better off just getting a silk one or just trying to save mine?
bspears88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer
 
bradleyjess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 256

Do you have to have to bouquet? I'd probably go without it instead of spending all that money.
__________________
Disney Bride

My resort history: BoardWalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo and Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.
bradleyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
WittyAmb
Mouseketeer
 
WittyAmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 101

They do have mini-fridges (at least all the rooms I've been in there) but the temperature control is sporadic at best.

Worst case scenario, you really want flowers you can always go to Michaels and pick up some fake ones and make a really pretty bouquet. No one will notice in the pictures.
WittyAmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #4
Disney_Alli
Mouseketeer
 
Disney_Alli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspears88 View Post
For our wedding we are going with an outside florist. We are getting Married on a Thursday and our MK bridal portrait session is on that Saturday. I am wondering if I should just pay and get a silk bouquet from Disney or try and keep mine? I don't know how good it will look 2 days after the wedding though? We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside and I am not even sure if there are mini fridges in the room that I could keep my bouquet?
Any advice or experiences? If I was going with disney florist I would probably just pay to have it refreshed, but since we are not I am not sure what to do? Would I be better off just getting a silk one or just trying to save mine?
My sister had her MK/AK shoot two days after her wedding and her original bouquet of calla lilies held up perfectly in the fridge - even with one of the stems being broken on her wedding day
__________________

Lots of Pixie Dust
Disney_Alli


Disney_Alli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,662

It really depends on what kind of flowers you have. I though my dahlias would be hardy enough, but they look kinda shriveled in our MK photos—and I even had a cheap-o backup silk bouquet I could have used instead. Have you asked your florist if they offer a refresh service similar to Disney's? Alternatively, you might be able to find an inexpensive silk bouquet online that would look good enough in Disney's photos.
lurkyloo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
Steph2527
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
It really depends on what kind of flowers you have. I though my dahlias would be hardy enough, but they look kinda shriveled in our MK photos—and I even had a cheap-o backup silk bouquet I could have used instead. Have you asked your florist if they offer a refresh service similar to Disney's? Alternatively, you might be able to find an inexpensive silk bouquet online that would look good enough in Disney's photos.
If we use Disney Floral, they will refresh my/our bouquets for a MK photo shoot? Any idea on how much this costs? Also..do you know if they do MK photo shoots on saturdays, or is it a mon-fri sort of thing? (may 2014)
Steph2527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #7
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,662

Yes! The price of the refresh depends on the kind of flowers you have in your bouquet, but it seems to average around $100. They take your bouquet from you immediately after the ceremony and stick it in the cooler, then replace the flowers that need it in time for your shoot. From what I've seen, MK shoots are available seven days a week and only limited by park-imposed blackout dates for things like Fantasyland construction and decorating the castle at Christmas.
lurkyloo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #8
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup
 
2012DisneyWorldBride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,474

Our MK/Epcot shoot was 2 months after our wedding. Disney photography let me borrow a silk pink and white peony looking bouquet for free. Pink and white were not our wedding colors but it made the most sense.
__________________

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #9
bspears88
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 38

I spoke with Dara with Disney fine art and photography and she said they can supply me with a silk bouquet on the day of our MK shoot for no charge.

Has anyone ever done this? And if so how was the bouquet? Do they let you pick out a style or do they just give you whatever they want?
bspears88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #10
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup
 
2012DisneyWorldBride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,474

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspears88 View Post
I spoke with Dara with Disney fine art and photography and she said they can supply me with a silk bouquet on the day of our MK shoot for no charge.

Has anyone ever done this? And if so how was the bouquet? Do they let you pick out a style or do they just give you whatever they want?
Ummm above I said I used one from them for my MK/Epcot shoot. The bouquet I had was in great condition. I was actually surprised with how nice it was. She told me they only have 2 to choose from... An all white one and the pink and white one I used. You can look in my signature and head over to my PJ and find the link to my photoshoot on one of the last few pages to see what it looked like in pics.
__________________

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #11
bspears88
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012DisneyWorldBride View Post

Ummm above I said I used one from them for my MK/Epcot shoot. The bouquet I had was in great condition. I was actually surprised with how nice it was. She told me they only have 2 to choose from... An all white one and the pink and white one I used. You can look in my signature and head over to my PJ and find the link to my photoshoot on one of the last few pages to see what it looked like in pics.
Okay thank you! For some reason I didn't see where you had said that! Must have over looked it! Thank you for your help!
bspears88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #12
Nicsnick
Mouseketeer
 
Nicsnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 328

I got married on a Monday and we did our MK photos on the Wednesday. My roses held up fine.
__________________
Nicsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.